CAP 2 Smogon's "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 1

Discussion in 'CAP Process Archive' started by Hyra, Jan 20, 2008.

?

What should the base typing of our new Pokemon be?

Poll closed Jan 22, 2008.
  1. Dark

11.1%
  2. Electric

9.2%
  3. Fire

17.7%
  4. Fighting

7.7%
  5. Ghost

25.1%
  6. Grass

13.3%
  7. Ground

3.7%
  8. Poison

7.7%
  9. Psychic

2.2%
  10. Rock

2.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andersatan

andersatan

Ghost/Steel would be awesome.
  2. Cooper

Cooper
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Cutting out Ghost/Ice and Ghost/Bug (Shedinja doesn't really count for anything, but if that's how you're playing this....) would leave 10 options, so you're good. However, what's the point of doing that? The obvious contenders will be the ones involving the top three options from this round, which I believe is Ghost/Fire, Ghost/Grass, and Ghost/Fighting. For whatever reason, you're giving all the losing options another chance to make it, which completely defeats the point of eliminating them in the first place. You could make the argument that, "Oh, now that Ghost/Rock is up, I see how awesome that is and will vote for it," but it's unlikely the majority will think that way. Not to toot my own horn, but I highly suggest you run this particular poll the way I did, so as to cut the number of people who vote for obscure things that will never win anyway.

And Ghost/Steel will win anyway. 3/4 of the voting community will vote for it with the false belief it will somehow obtain Levitate.
  3. Rena22

Rena22

Whenever i think of a Ghost/Fire type, i always seem to picture Demimeramon:
    [​IMG]
  4. Sunday

Sunday God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Say that ten times fast :S
  5. Cooper

Cooper

Done. Trust me, when you've spent your entire year of 5th grade trying to remember the word "Myotismon," you get used to crazy names.
  6. Bogmire

Bogmire

I really don't see what the big fucking deal is if it gets levitate. It's typing is defensively very similar to bronzong, and it got levitate, nobody's complaining about that. we could just not give it recover or something. its defences could just be something like porygon2's nothing crazy like cresselia.
  7. gr33n

gr33n

Hoping for an Dark / Electric type, voted Dark.
  8. Tsukikage

Tsukikage

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Electric is out again! ;_;
  9. darkie

darkie Uglison Brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

This post made me think of having two abilities, one offensively oriented, the other defensively. For example, if Ghost/Fire won, then something like Flash Fire and Levitate, and with defenses slightly above average, something like Porygon2, like Bogmire said. The offensive stats a little better than Porygon2, 1 stat base ~110, the other ~80, or something to that effect. Basically, something pretty versatile.
  10. GengarCrysis92

GengarCrysis92

Levitate would give it one weakness, iirc. Fire. So that would make it super broken. Bronzong gets Levitate cause It is still hit my a lot of things. Namely, Fire, ghost, Dark, Fighting. They may not hit hard, but they are still strong against them.

@Darkie: Fire is a little easier to give Levitate to, since Rock and Water still hit it. But I think most peopledon't want another Levitating Ghost. Maybe on the Ghost/Steel if it wins, we can give it like a Solid Rock type ability.
  11. darkie

darkie Uglison Brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

Bronzong takes neutral damage from all of those, except Fire. It's only weak to Fire and Ground and only Fire if you take into account Levitate.
  12. Rhykune

Rhykune

Bronzong is only weak to fire... duh... Steel resists Ghost and Dark, Psychic resists fighting. Lets take a look at the type chart shall we.

Bronzong:

Immune: Poison, Ground
    Resists: Normal: ½× Flying: ½× Rock: ½× Steel: ½× Grass: ½× Psychic: ¼× Ice: ½× Dragon: ½×
    Neutral: Fighting, Bug, Ghost, Water, Electric, Dark
    Weak To: Fire

Levitating Steel/Ghost:

Immune: Poison, Ground, Fighting, Normal
    Resists: Bug: ¼× Grass: ½× Ice: ½× Flying: ½× Psychic: ½× Rock: ½× Dragon: ½× Steel ½×
    Neutral: Ghost, Dark, Water, Electric
    Weak To: Fire

So here is the breakdown:

Immunities: Bronzong: 2 Other Thing: 4
    Resists: Bronzong: 8 Other Thing: 8
    Neutral: Bronzong: 6 Other Thing: 4
    Weaks: 1 Each

So the ghost/steel is clearly the better type, but it could be balanced with sub-par defensive stats. Only 4 Types don't hit it for NVE or worse, so this would have to happen. No GengarCrysis, I am not attacking your post, and I may of mis-read it, but I was just trying to correct you and make another point at the same time. And I was long beaten.

Where did that come from?
  13. GengarCrysis92

GengarCrysis92

For the first part, what I mean is that, although Bronzong resists Fighting, it doesn't even effect a Ghost/Steel. That leaves only Fire and ground as super effective, which if given Levitate, thats only Fire. I gave the other exapmles, just to show how many things hit it. I'm only trying to say that more things hit a Bronzong with Levitate, than a Ghost/Steel with Levitate.

2nd part. What do you mean where did that come from? Darkie said Flash Fire and Levitate for a Ghost/Fire. And I'm saying that it would make more sense for Levitate to be on a fire, cause in turn more types hit it harder which make it less broken.
  14. Rhykune

Rhykune

What are you talking about, Bronzong takes neutral from fighting. My point was that it even though Ghost/Steel + Levitate is amazing coverage, it may not be good because it is more about the stats than typing when it comes to a good pokemon.

This is what I mean by where did that come from:
    All he said...
  15. GengarCrysis92

GengarCrysis92

W/e. I may have read his post wrong.
  16. Hyra

Hyra

Yay, no one noticed I left this open for 3 extra hours.

Uh.. Ghost, Fire, Grass, and Dark (in that order) move on. Uh... Time for new poll, yes?
  17. andersatan

andersatan

Yes very much.
  18. Sunday

Sunday God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

C'mon Grass!
  19. Master of the Six Kings

Master of the Six Kings

Indeed, and by 1.2 votes. I honestly think we should still send it in the next round. Ghost/Fighting seems best to me, espically if it's somewhat defense orianted. As said before, we need a good fighting Tank/Wall.
  20. Bogmire

Bogmire

really? ghost/fighting seems more offensive to me. since nothing except ghost/normal resists those 2 attacking types.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)