1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 10

Discussion in 'CAP Process Archive' started by Cooper, Jan 6, 2008.

?

What will be the name of our new pokemon?

Poll closed Jan 8, 2008.
  1. Aufylus

31 vote(s)
    12.6%
  2. Dorylus

6 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. Syclant

132 vote(s)
    53.7%
  4. Apocritz

21 vote(s)
    8.5%
  5. Vishicle

38 vote(s)
    15.4%
  6. Eiskungia

18 vote(s)
    7.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DougJustDoug

DougJustDoug Knows the great enthusiasms
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    CAP Leader

The whole Farfetch'd evo is getting play in this thread, because this poll is very boring. You can't argue or discuss a name, you just have to vote. So, in the absence of on-topic discussion, people venture into more interesting stuff -- like a new pokemon creation.

It's ironic that these new discussions are tending towards bypassing the very polls and discussions that were most interesting in this series. Some of the most "fun" parts of the Syclant creation was the Role, Typing, and Artwork polls. With this Farfetch'd evo, active posters want to eliminate all of those polls (the fun ones) and move directly to movepool and dex entry (the boring ones).

Yay....
  2. ~Trogdor~

~Trogdor~

When are we doing poll 11?
  3. RockoTheTaco

RockoTheTaco

Hi everybody. This is RockoTheTaco, creator of that fake Farfetch'd evolution (it's name is Brikait'd, which comes from "fabricated", to stay in theme with the original's name). I'm suprised you guys liked it so much. I really appreciate the positive comments!

Permission granted. :)

Farfetch'd is the most badass Pokemon there is outside of the Electabuzz evolutionary line. He needs a power boost.
  4. Musashi1054

Musashi1054

And here it is.

Left the palette with it.

[​IMG]
  5. RockoTheTaco

RockoTheTaco

Looks nice, man! Did it get squished vertically, though? It looks a little short & wide.
  6. Musashi1054

Musashi1054

Well, I took the image and shrunk it to fit the 80 x 80 pixel limit.
  7. Cooper

Cooper
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Excuse me?

Fine, I'll start the next poll. It would be a lot easier if some people had paid attention when I asked them to send me their sprites *cough* Doug and Cyzir *cough*, but I guess I'll just have to sift through pages of junk to find them.
  8. ~Trogdor~

~Trogdor~

Hey rocko nice art. Maybe you could help us with the Create a pokemon.
  9. GengarCrysis92

GengarCrysis92

Yeah. I know im getting way too ahead, but that Marowak evo REALLY appeals to me. Maybe we could do something with that later?
  10. ~Trogdor~

~Trogdor~

Perhaps he becomes a rock/dragon?
  11. GengarCrysis92

GengarCrysis92

Did you see the artwork? Its definatly a Ground/Fighting. But thats not really important right now.
  12. Musashi1054

Musashi1054

You mean this?

[​IMG]

BAM! Sprited.
  13. ~Trogdor~

~Trogdor~

Oh never mind. I never saw this sprite you meant but that is a good concept of him. I also thought of an Absole evo. But I am getting a head of myself.
  14. RockoTheTaco

RockoTheTaco

I'd be overjoyed if one of my fakemon could be in something like that. Oh, and I feel like posting this:

[​IMG]

EDIT: And here's a drawing I did of a fakemon that MiyamotoMushashi came up with:
    [​IMG]
  15. GengarCrysis92

GengarCrysis92

That sprite is so freaking amazing. It works hand in hand with the Farfetch'd evo. Tag team swordsman.

Edit: Rocko, if every loves your sprites, and we all decide on sets, then all we need is Nintendo's/Shoddy's and the upcoming Competitor to make it real. And with the way the sprites look, i can't see anyone deneing them! ;)
  16. RockoTheTaco

RockoTheTaco

That would be awesome!
  17. ~Trogdor~

~Trogdor~

I know, when an Deviant Artist, Smogon, Nintendo, and shoddy combine it is going to be some awsome shit.
  18. RockoTheTaco

RockoTheTaco

I'm a little unsure of what exactly is goin' on. Would somebody care to explain it to me?
  19. Chozo

Chozo

Some people feel that Nintendo is going to accept fanmade Pokemon, even though it's a very very long shot since legal liability issues for Nintendo are huge (not to mention if they took all the entries floating around on the internet the company would spend years sorting through all of them).

It's nice to dream though.
  20. Automatic

Automatic

I think a Marowak Evo should be dark/ground, he's pretty emo afterall.
  21. KoA

KoA The very best...
    is an Artist

rofl

Although if we were to follow that route, we'd have to make it a Cubone alternate evo. Something along the lines of Cubone getting so depressed it starts to fill the void with anger or something.
  22. scorchedsky

scorchedsky

Wow, what happened in this thread? I thought this whole idea was going to be "Smogon Community Creates a Pokemon," and then the second poll would be a little shorter once we had the process down and everything, but I skipped this thread for a few hours and we have ideas for the next two pokemon and people talking about them like it's already decided?

Sorry, but I really can't consider a Farfetch'd evo or a Marowak evo anywhere near as Smogon-esque as "Syclant" (I guess we can call him that now?) They've just been made-up in 6 pages of this thread, whereas Syclant has been in the process of creation for weeks.

Point being, it seems like this has all gotten way out of hand way too fast. Nintendo might accept a Smogon pokemon...with a lot of convincing and quality. Sending it in with "LOL FARFETCH'D SUX IT NEEDS EVO LOOK" takes away from the value of this project, in my opinion.
  23. GengarCrysis92

GengarCrysis92

Rocko, do you mind if i use the Skeletank pic as my avatar?
  24. RockoTheTaco

RockoTheTaco

Not at all!
  25. GengarCrysis92

GengarCrysis92

Thank you, but Smogon isn't accepting it as a picture. Can someone make it into an Avatar size?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)