CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 10

What will be the name of our new pokemon?

• Aufylus

Votes: 31 12.6%
  • Dorylus

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Syclant

Votes: 132 53.7%
  • Apocritz

Votes: 21 8.5%
  • Vishicle

Votes: 38 15.4%
  • Eiskungia

Votes: 18 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I voted Scyclant just like the guy above me who used my sprite for his avatar. ;)

It was a toss-up though, I wanted Vishicle too because Cy should get some callback to his creation. :(

KoA

is an Artist
Nah, I'm fine with you using it, just give credit. :(

Hm: This POKEMON tends to live in snowy mountains. It has developed a hard ice in-casing due to the constant rockslides/avalanches. Its extra eyes were developed to see prey in harsh blizzard conditions.

Is that a good Dex Entry? Is it a little too choppy, or is it good?

KoA

is an Artist
Yeah, in case you guys didn't see it in the last thread, these are all the sprites:

Hey Cooper, are you going to do another?
Another name thread? No, Syclant has this one wrapped up. Even if you combined Aufylus and Veshicle, they wouldn't have enough votes to beat it. next poll will be for the sprite.

Speaking of the sprite, these are the people that I remember having done them: DougJustDoug, Lord_Sunday, Sanjay, KoA, and Cyzir. If I'm forgetting someone or putting someone in who shouldn't be, please tell me. For those of you who do have sprites to enter, I need you to PM them to me. If you have an animation, I'll need that instead. Thanks.

Hey KoA, I made a pokemon town after smogon and it would not be smogon without Syclant. So I added him on there. Is that cool with you?

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I didn't really do much with the sprites, and the one I modded on is waaaay outclassed by all the others.

Hm: This POKEMON tends to live in snowy mountains. It has developed a hard ice in-casing due to the constant rockslides/avalanches. Its extra eyes were developed to see prey in harsh blizzard conditions.

Is that a good Dex Entry? Is it a little too choppy, or is it good?
So? i got no responses :/

Sunday

It doesn't read very well at all. It's choppy, and should be broken up into a two entrys. Ice in-casing doesn't make much sence, and the rockslides/avalanches is bad.

Perhaps

Version1: This POKEMON lives at the peaks of snowy mountains. It's exoskeleton is extreemly hard (Solid? Another word here?) to help it survive in the harsh weather

Version2: This POKEMON (different sarting needed.) has an extra pair of eyes on it's forehead allowing it to seek out prey even in a harsh blizzard.

Ok. I thought so. I was doing like three things at once. i'll seperate:

1st: Due to living in such rocky areas, this POKEMON has develop an extremely hard ice-shell

2nd: This POKEMON lives in harsh blizzards that never stop. Due to this, this POKEMON has developed extra eyes used to scout for prey.

These are definatly much better.

Sunday

Much better, but if you supplement "This POKEMON" for "It" in the second sentence it reads better. Nintendo often just start dex entrys with "it does xxx yyy" etc.

Sunday

Other way around >.< I meant the second entry should have "it".

1st: Due to living in such rocky areas, this POKEMON has develop an extremely hard ice-shell

2nd: It lives in harsh blizzards that never stop. Due to this, it has developed extra eyes used to scout for prey.

There, now it reads like a Ninty Dex entry. If the double "it" seems strange then this entry should ease your fears.

EDIT: Actually, the double "due to this" now troubles me. What could we have instead on the second one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)