CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 10

What will be the name of our new pokemon?

• Aufylus

Votes: 31 12.6%
  • Dorylus

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Syclant

Votes: 132 53.7%
  • Apocritz

Votes: 21 8.5%
  • Vishicle

Votes: 38 15.4%
  • Eiskungia

Votes: 18 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
*gnaws on Cooper*
Excuse me?

Fine, I'll start the next poll. It would be a lot easier if some people had paid attention when I asked them to send me their sprites *cough* Doug and Cyzir *cough*, but I guess I'll just have to sift through pages of junk to find them.

Oh never mind. I never saw this sprite you meant but that is a good concept of him. I also thought of an Absole evo. But I am getting a head of myself.

I'd be overjoyed if one of my fakemon could be in something like that. Oh, and I feel like posting this:

EDIT: And here's a drawing I did of a fakemon that MiyamotoMushashi came up with:

That sprite is so freaking amazing. It works hand in hand with the Farfetch'd evo. Tag team swordsman.

Edit: Rocko, if every loves your sprites, and we all decide on sets, then all we need is Nintendo's/Shoddy's and the upcoming Competitor to make it real. And with the way the sprites look, i can't see anyone deneing them! ;)

That sprite is so freaking amazing. It works hand in hand with the Farfetch'd evo. Tag team swordsman.

Edit: Rocko, if every loves your sprites, and we all decide on sets, then all we need is Nintendo's/Shoddy's and the upcoming Competitor to make it real. And with the way the sprites look, i can't see anyone deneing them! ;)
That would be awesome!

I'm a little unsure of what exactly is goin' on. Would somebody care to explain it to me?
Some people feel that Nintendo is going to accept fanmade Pokemon, even though it's a very very long shot since legal liability issues for Nintendo are huge (not to mention if they took all the entries floating around on the internet the company would spend years sorting through all of them).

It's nice to dream though.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I think a Marowak Evo should be dark/ground, he's pretty emo afterall.
rofl

Although if we were to follow that route, we'd have to make it a Cubone alternate evo. Something along the lines of Cubone getting so depressed it starts to fill the void with anger or something.

Wow, what happened in this thread? I thought this whole idea was going to be "Smogon Community Creates a Pokemon," and then the second poll would be a little shorter once we had the process down and everything, but I skipped this thread for a few hours and we have ideas for the next two pokemon and people talking about them like it's already decided?

Sorry, but I really can't consider a Farfetch'd evo or a Marowak evo anywhere near as Smogon-esque as "Syclant" (I guess we can call him that now?) They've just been made-up in 6 pages of this thread, whereas Syclant has been in the process of creation for weeks.

Point being, it seems like this has all gotten way out of hand way too fast. Nintendo might accept a Smogon pokemon...with a lot of convincing and quality. Sending it in with "LOL FARFETCH'D SUX IT NEEDS EVO LOOK" takes away from the value of this project, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)