1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 11

Discussion in 'CAP Process Archive' started by Cooper, Jan 7, 2008.

?

Whose art will we use for the Syclant sprite?

Poll closed Jan 9, 2008.
  1. KingofAnime - KoA

128 vote(s)
    57.7%
  2. CyzirVisheen

84 vote(s)
    37.8%
  3. DougJustDoug

10 vote(s)
    4.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cooper

Cooper
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Yeah, Poll 10 isn't even over yet. I know. But Sanyjay way gnawing on me, and people were going off topic, and I just didn't have any choice! Peer pressure got to me, but you guys will never get me to smoke.

We're getting to the end of the voting. All we have left to do is decide on a sprite and an evolution line for the newly named Syclant. Here's what it looks like so far:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] Syclant
    Bug/Ice
    Ability: Compound Eyes/ Mountaineer
    70/ 116/ 70/ 114/ 64/ 121

Mountaineer: This pokemon takes no indirect or direct damage from Rock type attacks upon switching in. This doesn't block additional effects.

And here are the sprite and animation choices:

KingofAnime - KoA:
    Sprite:[​IMG]
    Animation:[​IMG]

Cyzir:
    Sprite: [​IMG]

DougJustDoug:
    Sprite:[​IMG][​IMG]
    Animation:[​IMG]

Yep, pretty good. If either of the two delinquents who didn't pay attention to my posts want to send me anything to put into their profile, they can send it to me. Otherwise you'll be voting on these three. This poll will close in two days, even though it'll finish in only one and I'll be pressured to making the new one prematurely (like I am now).

I'd also like to give an honorable mention to Lord_Sunday and me for creating this kick-ass sprite and animation (which are spin-offs of Doug's): [​IMG] and [​IMG]. You can't vote on them, but man, if you could....
  2. Cooper

Cooper

I had to back up Cyzir. Not only does his look most like a pokemon sprite (sorry Doug, not working for me), it's really well done and has a great pose. I'd also vote for my own, if I could.
  3. GengarCrysis92

GengarCrysis92

Um, am i supossed to be seeing a Poll? Because if i am, then why isn't it showing up?

Edit: Im assuming that my copmuter isn't working and/or there is no poll. So i'll just post: Cyzir. I agree with your reasonings Cooper. I have always loved Cyzir's. Also, the design of DJD looks like what Nintendo would make the doll into, no offense. I like them all, except Cyzir's just a little more. Also, don't we need to decide on Dex entries?
  4. Cooper

Cooper

It's there now.
  5. Jibaku

Jibaku Not taking FS requests atm.
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

DougJustDoug wins...even if his pogey isn't pokemon like. Cyzir's sprite has such a gigantic abdomen, the actual picture of it is a lot better. I believe Cyzir made a sprite before that, and I think that one's the best, despite the lack of wings.
  6. rayquaza69

rayquaza69

I voted for KOA because he's a cool guy and its like touch me don't touch me.
  7. Stathakis

Stathakis I hax people in real life
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Field Ranger

um...where do we vote?

anyways, dougjustdoug has the best animation, but cyzir has the best sprite. doug's looks too cartooney. if cyzirs was animated it would be awesome, but he didn't provide one so...

best sprite - cyzir

best back sprite - KOA

best animation - dougjustdoug

cyzir has the best but provides the least...
    KoA provides a back sprite, but his are simpler.
    doug's is just too cartooney for me...

btw, that guitar one rocks...

edit: ah, I see the poll now lol
  8. Fland

Fland

Sprite: [​IMG]

since i cant vote due to the infractionss i vote this one
  9. GengarCrysis92

GengarCrysis92

Oh, alright. I see it now. Lol. Like i said: Cyzir. I'm totally fine with any of the others though.
  10. Lawman

Lawman

I can't decide between Cyzir and KoA
  11. GengarCrysis92

GengarCrysis92

By the looks of it, KoA is going to win. So either go for Cyzir to balance it out, or go for KaO to make him win.
  12. sanjay120

sanjay120

Voted Czir because I can.
  13. ~Trogdor~

~Trogdor~

Nice new thread. Voted on Ciz
  14. Asch

Asch

I think KOA's looks more like a Pokemon. And no offense to Cyzir, but I think KOA's is better made as well.
  15. futuresuperstar

futuresuperstar

I love Cyzir's, but KoA has just stuck with me. It's slightly more unique, seems more threatening, to me, and believably quicker. Doug's is an awesome sprite, but I don't see it moving as fast as Syclant will.
  16. Marker

Marker

Cyzir's is simply a brilliant sprite. Plus, Cyzir created the first art, so why not let him give the sprite as well?
  17. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master

DougJustDoug's sprite FTW. Seriously, who couldn't like it?
  18. sanjay120

sanjay120

Doug's sprite's abdomen is bigger than both Cyzir's and KoA's, which are about the same size.
  19. GengarCrysis92

GengarCrysis92

If KoA's wins, can I request a diffferent Shiny color? This one doesn't look so appealing. I liked someone's Gold-ish varient.
  20. rkatzam

rkatzam

KoA is my least favorite. I like the colors for the shiny one tho, and the back is cool

Really tough call between Cyzir and Doug.. I'll go with Cyzir.
  21. futuresuperstar

futuresuperstar

Just remember, as much as we like Absur'd, we need to stick to the same formula. The first polls are voting on Pokemon types, remember?

Just remember, for whoever runs it, to not put Ice or Bug in the running. No reason to for a repeated typing on only our second creation.
  22. Jibaku

Jibaku Not taking FS requests atm.
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

What I meant was the head to body proportion. Doug's has a bigger head, making the abdomen look more proportionate. I don't really know...but what seems to bother me the most about Cyzir's sprite is the pose.
  23. sanjay120

sanjay120

The gold wouldn't look as appealing on KoA's. The thing that tied it together was the idea of green glass wings, which do so nicely on Czir's due to the rough ice effect he gave it.

EDIT: Doug's has a slightly bigger head and a slimmer, more visable midsection, making it look kinda weird imo. Like an overly hourglass shape.
  24. Goodbar

Goodbar

I do hope KoA's wins, its filled with "i'm the best". Cyzir's is just too complicated and the abdomen is huge, Doug's doesn't resemble it enough nor does it look that cool...
  25. RockoTheTaco

RockoTheTaco

My vote goes to Cyzir. He manages to capture the Pokemon art style best, and his looks the most like it could fit into one of the games without looking awkward.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)