CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 11

Whose art will we use for the Syclant sprite?

• KingofAnime - KoA

Votes: 128 57.7%
  • CyzirVisheen

Votes: 84 37.8%
  • DougJustDoug

Votes: 10 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Voted for KoA. It was close for me between KoA's and Cyzir's but I prefer KoA's. KoA's sprite isn't showing by the way, only the animation.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You didn't read my post.... I said that it is necessary to do this, because we need to balance out our new pokemon with bad pokemon. Nintendo created Heatran for a reason: it's awesome sweeping ability is balanced by its 4x weakness to Earthquake, the most common attack in the game (not including HP). That's something we need to keep in mind in the future, that we need to make bad pokemon too if Nintendo is going to take us seriously. Otherwise we'll be no different from the people creating 150/ 200/ 25/ 0/ 25/ 200 pokemon with Levitate and Steel/Dragon typing.
i have been one of the people who have consistantly argued against the things that would have made it overpowerd, i agree that we need weak pokemon, infact i have always wanted this pokemon to be a low OU/high BL pokemon. but removeing ice and bug is not the way to stop this from being overpowerd, ice is a horable type (bar the STAB) and bug is not that much better. we should leave them in, though i expect many people will vote against then as they want a change.

That's something we need to keep in mind in the future, that we need to make bad pokemon too if Nintendo is going to take us seriously. Otherwise we'll be no different from the people creating 150/ 200/ 25/ 0/ 25/ 200 pokemon with Levitate and Steel/Dragon typing.
So...we need to make a NU to UU pokemon next time we try this thing? Sounds like a challenge to some, including me as I never had the gut to self-cripple something just for balance =/.

*smacks head* BL is the same level as OU...
The only way I don't like how this guy would affect the metagame is that its just another hinderance on psychics who already have it pretty bad from things like weavile and CScross - I guess that includes ghost types too, if we decide to put pursuit on this guy which seems like a very reasonable move. It would be the fast bug ever, and a very powerful poke, it puts infernape to shame. Not to mention there are very few counters it seems...tentacruel maybe if it doesn't get an electric move or earthquake

Cyzir. It looks like a Pokemon and is totally bad-ass. I wouldn't be at all disappointed if KoA's won, though, which is what this poll's looking like.

i wasn't gone too long to miss more than one poll =/.
but anyways KOA gets my vote. they both look very simmilar but koa's definately looks faster, i wouldn't ever want to see the giant lug made by cyzir (no offense) flying at me at 80MPH.

Bull of Heaven

This thing does not need a movepool boost.
I've been working on some movesets for Syclant (to probably be posted later this week), and I agree that it has all of the moves it needs. Also, a Banette evo can wait. There are other pokemon that need evos more. Farfetch'd for example.

I voted for KOA's sprite. After a second look, I decided that it does look more like a DP sprite. No offense, Cyzir.

I don't understand how dratini can be so big, and the pixies so tiny.

I'm pretty sure I'd like to limit our new pokemon's movepool a lot, as in not much outside stab

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If this thing is based on an ant it makes no sense for it to be 5'7 in. These things, if going off the traditional ant model, would have to be small(ish) and many.

Personally I'd shoot for 3'3" and 72 lbs. That makes it about the same size as Beedrill and a little heavier.

Ants are known to lift 50 times their bodyweight so a 3' 3" tall Syclant wouldn't have no problem killing and carrying out his food that is about the same body weight as him.

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
They can still eat Delibirds, right?
I don't imagine it takes much other than teeth and claws to eat delibirds. And yes. I recently saw a program on raider ants. They devoured an entire slug by swarming it, covering it in dirt to remove its slime defenses, and carted it off chunk by chunk back to it's layer.

Whether it's group attacks or overt strength, ants usually dominate larger, singular foes, although they have more trouble with other colonized insects, including competing ants and termites.

Delibird is also only 2' 11" and 36 lbs. Even if we made Syclant 2'4" and 32 lbs it could still probably take the birdie.

XD, this thing must eat Delibirds.

Guys, I think you are really overestimating Syclant's power. Unlike Infernape, who has dual-120 BP STAB on both the physical and special side, this thing has to deal without Megahorn, leaving it with weaker STAB on the physical side. Blizzard is really where it is at with this bug. Believe me, I bet if you did damage calculations against all other opponents once this guy's move-pool is 100% set, you'd see that it really needs stat-ups to be as effective as we think it will be.

Hey why hate on Delibird? If my computer wasn't being a bitch I could post my christmas special where a Choice Band Hustle Delibird was being hax and never missed a hit.

But anyway he is my dex entry:

"It lives in an colony frozen over by ice. They feast on small animals near by such as SNOWRUNT. It hates the warmth of a Pokeball once released from one it unleashes its anger."

How about these two?:

1st: This POkemon lives in an Ice colony with thousands from its own kind. The younger of the species are sent out to find SNORUNT and DELIBIRD for the rest of the colony to eat.

2nd: Though this POKEMON is fairly small, it has the ability to fly away with larger POKEMON, such as DELIBIRD and SNORUNT. But be advised, this POKEMON hates to be in a pokebal and once released it will go into a frenzy.

I thought the last thread already had the movepool worked out. Only thing I don't like is the possibilty of Baton Pass. Tail Glow + Swords Dance would be okay alone, but add on Baton Pass and you have the fastest Baton Passer and the ability to pass +2 boosts on both ends of the spectrum. Much to powerful for my tastes.

I guess we can make this thing smaller, 4 feet sounds good.

Deck Knight

"SYCLANT preys on DELIBIRD and SNORUNT by overwhelming them with group attacks at blinding speed. They then encase their prey in ice to preserve it for the colony."

"While SYCLANT generally prey on many small species of ice Pokemon, when desperate they have overtaken entire MAMOSWINE to preserve the colony, even at high cost of life."

Deck Knight

Dude, you know Mamoswine are freaking massive >.<
8'02" and 641.5 lbs
Oh yes. Which is why I said "desperate" and "at great cost of life."

Alternatively I could have said "they once mistook a Magcargo for a Spheal and were incinerated."

Only thing I don't like is the possibilty of Baton Pass. Tail Glow + Swords Dance would be okay alone, but add on Baton Pass and you have the fastest Baton Passer and the ability to pass +2 boosts on both ends of the spectrum. Much to powerful for my tastes.
Yeah, no BP. Swords Dance will be learned by TM, and tail Glow is received by breeding from Volbeat. This also limit the special sweeping abilities of Syclant outside his STAB, because it's impossible to get Tail Glow and Earth Power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)