CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 12

What evolutionary stage will Syclant be at?

• Basic (it doesn't evolve or have pre-evos)

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • Secondary (it has a pre-evo, but doesn't evolve)

Votes: 137 64.9%
  • Final (two pre-evos)

Votes: 46 21.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
All calcs done with standard EV's and Natures. Please keep in mind you can not have both max Satk an Max Atk.

Max Atk Brickbreak vs OU Blissey 44%-52% - 2hko with SR
Max Satk Focus Blast vs OU Blissey 29.65%-35%
Max Satk Ice Beam vs Breloom 173%-204%
Max Atk X-scizzor vs Relaxed Bronzong 47.63%-55.93%
Max Satk Bugg Buzz vs Relaxed Bronzong 35.8%-42%
Max Satk Blizzard vs Celebi 98%-115.35%
Mas Satk Ice Beam Vs Celebi 77.97%-92.58%
Max Satk Bugg Buzz Vs reSTalt Cresselia 47.97%-56.53%
Max Atk Night Slash vs Dusknoir 39%-46.25% Wow, something it has trouble with.
Max Satk Blizzard vs Dusknoir 41.5%-48.98 Needs SR to 2HKO

Will do more in 10 mins...

Max Satk Blizzard vs Forretress 42.66%-50.28%
Max Satk Bugg Buzz vs wish varient Jirachi 37.16%-43.89%
Incase anyone is wondering, Hp [fire] isn't a better option for Jirachi and Bronzong as it does almost exactly the same due to STAB on Bugg Buzz.
Max Satk HP [Fire 70] vs Jirachi 38.65%-45.64%
Max Atk Brick Break vs Magnezone 46.40%-54.32%
Max Satk Blizzard Vs Rhyperior Garunteed 1HKO
Max Satk Blizzard vs Skarmory 79.34%-93.11%
Max Atk Brick Break Vs Roosting Skarmory 30.54%-36%
Max Satk Bugg Buzz Vs Slowbro Garunteed 1HKO
Max Satk Blizzard vs Tangrowth - I presume it's a 1HKO.
Max Satk Blizzard vs Weezing Garunteed 1HKO
Max Satk Blizzard vs Mixpert 107.23%-126.18%
Max Satk Bugg Buzz vs Vaporeon 60.94%-71.65&
max Satk Bugg Buzz vs Suicune 65.20-76.49&
Max Satk Bugg Buzz vs Suicune + one CM 43.56%-51.24%

There. If anyone wants anymore than I can do them. Brick break is a surefire 1HKO on Tar I presumed.

All calcs done with standard EV's and Natures. Please keep in mind you can not have both max Satk an Max Atk.

Max Atk Brickbreak vs OU Blissey 44%-52% - 2hko with SR
Max Satk Focus Blast vs OU Blissey 29.65%-35%
Max Satk Ice Beam vs Breloom 173%-204%
Max Atk X-scizzor vs Relaxed Bronzong 47.63%-55.93%
Max Satk Bugg Buzz vs Relaxed Bronzong 35.8%-42%
Max Satk Blizzard vs Celebi 98%-115.35%
Mas Satk Ice Beam Vs Celebi 77.97%-92.58%
Max Satk Bugg Buzz Vs reSTalt Cresselia 47.97%-56.53%
Max Atk Night Slash vs Dusknoir 39%-46.25% Wow, something it has trouble with.
Max Satk Blizzard vs Dusknoir 41.5%-48.98 Needs SR to 2HKO

Will do more in 10 mins...
Wouldn't you Bug Buzz/X-Scissor Celebi, becaue of the whole 4x Bug weak it has?

Sunday

Celebi dies to everything this thing does. Anyway I updated. Still doing more. I can see the standard being somehting like

Syclant @ Life Orb
Compoundeyes
-Blizzard
-Bugg Buzz
-Brick Break
-Stone edge / Thunder fang / ice Shard

With Life Orb all of those calcs should still stand despite not having max Atk/Satk.

Celebi dies to everything this thing does. Anyway I updated. Still doing more. I can see the standard being somehting like

Syclant @ Life Orb
Compoundeyes
-Blizzard
-Bugg Buzz
-Brick Break
-Stone edge / Thunder fang / ice Shard

With Life Orb all of those calcs should still stand despite not having max Atk/Satk.
Just because I like seeing big numbers, just how much overkill is caused by bug attacks vs Celebi?

Sunday

Ok, here's the set i'm submitting.

"Mixant"
Syclant @ Life Orb
Compoundeyes
+Spd / -Def
252 Spd / ~180 Atk / ~72 Satk
-Blizzard
-Bugg Buzz
-Brick Break
-Stone edge / Thunder fang / Ice Shard / Substitute

[Set comments]
Mixant is able to KO an incredible number of standard D/P walls. With Life orb and said EV's it lives up to all of the above damage calcs and does a small amount extra. Thunderfang or Stone edge (now with increased acc) can be used to scare off Gyarados, but don't be temped to use it on other Bulky Waters as Bugg Buzz does more. If you don't provide Syclant with sufficient Rapid Spin support this set will die rather quickly, so if you prefer you can sun Abomasnow with Syclant and use the Mountanier ability instead. Substitute can be used if you do not want to risk predicting the wrong switch in, but with SR and life orb the recoil damage will rack up exceedingly quickly.

The EV's need some tweaking but right now i'm up waaaaay too late and I'm goign to bed. I'll fix them in the morning :)

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sets:

Bandant:

Scylant @ Choice Band
Mountaineer
Jolly (+Speed, -SA)
252 Speed/252 Attack/4 HP
~ Ice Shard/Aerial Ace
~ X-Scissor/U-Turn
~ Night Slash
~ Superpower

[Set comments]

Physical Syclant set with great type coverage. Mountaineer allows it to switch in without worrying about Stealth Rock. Superpower OHKO's Blissey and it can 2HKO even the most defensive Dusknoir after Stealth Rock with Night Slash. Ice Shard OHKOs Ninjask and stops Scarfchomp cold, but Aerial Ace may be preferable for Heracross and Breloom. Choose the Bug move of your preference. X-Scissor is more powerful, but U-Turn allows for scouting.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
my set:

Mixant 2:

Scyclant@LO
+ speed - def/sp. def
4 attack /252 sp.attack/252 speed
ability: Compouneyes
Superpower
Blizzard
Bug buzz
Hidden power Ground/Rock/Water/Focus blast/Substitute/Flash Cannon/toxic/water pulse

[set comments]

Blizzard is your main wepon on this set with bug buzz takeing down many other oponents, Superpower can take down Blissey (2KO with the attack drop ) but you had better catch it on the switch as blizzard will only do 16-18%.
the 4th moveslot is the hardest one too fill:

HP ground destroys heatran who 4X resists your STAB attacks, but will leave you walled by floating fires and steels.

HP rock destroys fire/flying pokemon and has good coverage, but is generly worse than HP ground

HP Water or water pulse hurts fire pokemon and is nutral to steel but is too weak to be much of an option

Focus blast is powerfull and is helped by compundeyes, but with Superpower on this set its not as usefull.

Substitute eases prediction and helps with blissey (sub on the T-wave).

flash cannon is quite powerfull but i cant thinck of many usefull situations for it.

toxic can hurt many of its counters, but steels are immune.

[other options]

Ice shell (the name is ice shell NOT mountaineer, look at the old polls) can be used over compoundeyes if you have an abomnasnow on your team to keep blizard acurate, just dont use focus blast with ice shell.

The 4 attack ev's can be moved to HP if it makes HP odd, so that it can switch into SR twice.

Superpower can be dropped for earth power (you can't get both, one is bread from pinser and one form trapinch) but blissey will wall you with ease.

there is probably lots of spelling/grammar mistakes and the 4th moveslot has too many options, so tell me what needs changeing/dropping.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
SpecsAnt:

Scyclant@choice specs
+ speed - attack
4 HP /252 sp.attack/252 speed
ability: Compouneyes
Earth power
Blizzard
Bug buzz
Focus blast

this set would be much better if it wasent totaly walled by blissey, blizzard only does 18-21% and focus blast only does 37-43% while blissey criples you with T-wave. if you have a CB duggy to swich in on the T-wave this could work well.

will write more about this set later, when i have some time.

If posting Dex entries is still going on:

"This POKEMON has been known to take down prey larger than itself. If outmatched, it will quickly fly uphill in an attempt to start an avalanche."

"During dry periods, this POKEMON can be seen flying around looking for prey. However, if heavy rain or snowfall occurs, it can become heavy with extra ice."

Eh, I tried to step away from the, "This POKEMON is a ruthless killer that enjoys ripping small children and POKEMON into tiny pieces," attitude.

"Syclants can be easily angered and will kill when provoked. Seriously, don't fuck with them."
I have to admit, I'm a fan of this one. I'm in the process of compiling a list of good dex entires. I'll have it posted soon.

EDIT: Dex entries from this thread I like and am planning on polling:

"Known as the 'bullies of the mountain,' SYCLANT often coerce DELIBIRD to give up their presents, as a single DELIBIRD present can sustain a larval unit for an entire week."
The forelimbs of this pokemon have become ice cannons, enabling it to freeze victims on demand. It is often aggressive, having a voracious appetite for newly frozen victims.
While thriving in freezing mountains, SYCLANT colonies build their own ice castles. Not only do these castles protect against the cold, they serve as sotrage for caught DELIBIRDs and SNORUNTs.
I messed with that one a bit.

"Wild SYCLANT are fearsome predators. Even in harsh blizzards they can quickly chase down their prey with stunning accuracy. Should a DELIBIRD find itself near a colony, it would be swarmed upon almost instantaneously."
Female SYCLANT tend to be less aggressive than males, but defend their eggs with brute force if needed. All SYCLANT are a potent force in battle, but also are courteous fighters. Should one knock done an opponent, it won't fight back until its foe gets up.
And here are some of my own, taking what people said into account:

"Wild SYCLANTs move in packs, but only for the purpose of carrying heavy loads to their nest. In battle, they fight one on one, while the rest of the pack encourages the fighter from the sidelines."

"Wild SYCLANTs are very aggressive, so much so that they live alone. They train by breaking apart large glaciers."

Eh, I tried to step away from the, "This POKEMON is a ruthless killer that enjoys ripping small children and POKEMON into tiny pieces," attitude.
I think that's a wise idea. If Nintendo were to ever accept a fan-created Pokemon, it'd probably be one that fit into the game's tone. True, some Pokemon have serious-sounding Dex entries, but those are in the minority.

just an idea to help make the dex entry: there is a legend that a huge colony of syclant wants took out a whole poliswine (mamoswine is to big)

Pokedex Entries ahead!:

It lives in high altitude mountain caves. They are often found around MAGCARGO which they cook their food on the backs of.

Syclant are vicious opportunists. The only thing they will not eat is SLUGMA and MAGCARGO which they use to cook their food.

They have an odd afinity for music. When not hunting with their MAGCARGO allies they can be found at rock concerts.

Dude, it has a 4x weak, this thing is sure as hell not gonna be going to any rock concerts. I mean, sure it can get in the concert without problem, but once it's there, the concert will easily be able set up and use the power of rock against the poor bug.

Dude, it has a 4x weak, this thing is sure as hell not gonna be going to any rock concerts. I mean, sure it can get in the concert without problem, but once it's there, the concert will easily be able set up and use the power of rock against the poor bug.
LMAO xD I don't know if you're serious or joking around but I'll say this, not that kind of rock concerts lol

Well then, what kind of rock concerts? Queens of the Stone Edge? Hm? Think about it.

And I really enjoy this dex entry.

"This POKEMON has been known to take down prey larger than itself. If outmatched, it will quickly fly uphill in an attempt to start an avalanche."
I mean, yea, we all want this thing to eat those Delibirds, but maybe like, one of the dex entries about its eating habits and the other about the actual pokemon. Knowing that it eats Delibirds and Candy Corn, er, Snorunts, is nice, but we'd all like that added depth to the pokemon with some cool stuff like Skarmory's ability to fly at 180 mph (and 190 if the Skarmory is in a Ruby).

Unless this thing is packing Superpower or Earth Power, if this thing goes to a concert it'll be totally walled by a Rock Lobster. And imagine this: What if Clefable had HP Rock, Meteor Mash, and Camouflaged into the Rock type: IT'D BE A BIGGER ROCK STAR THAN LENNON!

Rampardos could severely hurt it too, holding a Focus Band to survive Syclant's first hit, Rock Polishing, and KO'ing it with either Head Smash or Stone Edge. Such a Rock Band would easily put Rampardos at these concerts, where Syclant should not go.

Unless this thing is packing Superpower or Earth Power, if this thing goes to a concert it'll be totally walled by a Rock Lobster. And imagine this: What if Clefable had HP Rock, Meteor Mash, and Camouflaged into the Rock type: IT'D BE A BIGGER ROCK STAR THAN LENNON!

Rampardos could severely hurt it too, holding a Focus Sash to survive Syclant's first hit, Rock Polishing, and KO'ing it with either Head Smash or Stone Edge. Such a Rock Band would easily put Rampardos at these concerts, where Syclant should not go.
Easily negated by Stealth Rock...

BTW, Syclant would work well with a focus sash

You don't see Rock Sashers at concerts, you see Rock Bands.

And you're right about Syclant and Sash. With Syclant's defenses and Speed, he won't take a hit, but he should go first. Normally I'd put a Life Orb on him, but two unboosted hits are much better than one Boosted one. If you play Item Clause (which I do about 60% of my battles, just for the fun of it), then it's a great item unless something else on your team needs it. A Sash is one of those items that has a bunch of uses, but most aren't immediately obvious. People also put up SR and neglect Spikes. I'd just be worried about TTar coming out, because TTar should be able to take any special Bug attacks with impunity, and physical attacks slightly less so. TTar is a pretty good anti Syclant. It robs all of Syclant's survivability (especially Life Orb ones) and is a giant Rock dude with Stone Edge.

'SYCLANT often take entire mountain peaks to be their home. If they sense any intruders, a swarm will drive them off the mountain'

'SYCLANT are very protective of their homes, often chasing intruders up to 100 miles away from their colony.'

A more mothercare sort of approach, unless you like the:

'SYCLANT often like to find baby SNORUNT and see how much splatter they make when dropped from 1000 ft.'

Also, for the event?

I was thinking a hidden route in a mountain which leads to another area of the forest (you always get a forest) but the snowstorm in the mountain is there in the forest, like the rain in Route 209 can be in different places.

And there is an Ice Claw embedded in the snow, which can evolve Sylar into Syclant.

Copper, add some of these to the next poll, a lot of people liked some of them:
Ok this is the comiled list of Dex entries from Poll 10:
Final Evo's Entries:
-Mine:
1st: Due to living in such rocky areas, these POKEMON have acquired an extremely hard iceshell.
2nd: These POKEMON has developed extra eyes to accurately scout for prey, even in the harshest blizzard.

Rendition of ~Trogdor~:
1st: [Final name]s are said to live in the coldest and highest places. When it gets too hot, an ice cacoon is formed to trap the cold inside
2nd: Un-suspecting Delibirds and Snorunts are hunted and taken back to the castle to be later eaten by this POKEMON and its colony.

I didn't think i needed to use Sunday's since we both agreed on mine.

Rendition of Jibaku:
1st one:
1st: While thriving in freezing mountains, this POKEMON builds its own ice castles. Once the weather conditions become too harsh, this POKEMON creats a durable ice shield that protects it from incoming damage.
2nd: This POKEMON has been living in such blinding conditions that it has grown an extra set of eyes that help it catch its prey.

2nd one:
1st: This POKEMON lives in such large colonies that if an invader enters the castle, it is swiftly finished off.
2nd: since this POKEMON controls the ice castle, its highly developed eys are used to snipe intruders. then the [insert Pre-Evos name] go and fetch what is to become dinner.

Pre-evo's Entries:

1st: This POKEMON searches for food in groups and will not return to the colony until food has been found.
2nd: While searching for food in packs, and adult [Insert final Evo name here] accompanies this POKEMON incase of any danger.

This crap about eating and ripping apart other pokes is lame. It's much to 3rd grade. Keep it simple. Most of these dex entries are either just silly, or way too descriptive. Most of them are both. Ice Castles? Yeah that sounds like what ants do, they build castles and then live in them. I think reading some in-game dex entries would be of great benefit to those suggesting them.

I think it's fine to say it hunts for prey in parties, but getting too descriptive is something dex would never do.

This POKEMON hunts in groups for Delibird and Snorunt. While most of the group drags the bleeding, seeping carcass back to the Ice Castle, where 10 slave Garchomp stand guard, the Strongest POKEMON enjoy having their way with lone Jynx along the way, whether Jynx wants it or not. This POKEMON is a rough lover and gives no quarter to it's partners. This POKEMON enjoys bondage and pain games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)