CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 12

What evolutionary stage will Syclant be at?

• Basic (it doesn't evolve or have pre-evos)

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • Secondary (it has a pre-evo, but doesn't evolve)

Votes: 137 64.9%
  • Final (two pre-evos)

Votes: 46 21.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i was there and know all that but my point is that ice shell was the ability that was chosen, and there was no consensus to change it. cooper just said i want to change it and did. then insulted people who disagreed.

archer thanx :-)

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
i was there and know all that but my point is that ice shell was the ability that was chosen, and there was no consensus to change it. cooper just said i want to change it and did. then insulted people who disagreed.
OK. Now I get your point. I thought you had been absent or something and didn't follow the changes. BUT, I was fairly certain that you've been active on all the threads from the beginning.

Since it seems very likely that this will be two stage, I yet again offer the names Pestreeze and Scyless for the first stage. As for how it evolves, probably by level would be simple enough. Its stats could be 20-30 points lower in all catergories for the first stage, though I'm thinking speed should be a bit lower than that if the pictures so far have been any indication on what may be.

Well, sorry to be nitpicking, but isn't this too broken with Compoundeyes and 116/114/121 attacking stats? If Nintendo ever decides to make it real?

Syclant @ Life Orb
Hasty | Compoundeyes
~Blizzard
~Superpower
~Stone Edge
~X-Scissor

There isn't a SINGLE thing that walls this.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Well, sorry to be nitpicking, but isn't this too broken with Compoundeyes and 116/114/121 attacking stats? If Nintendo ever decides to make it real?

Syclant @ Life Orb
Hasty | Compoundeyes
~Blizzard
~Superpower
~Stone Edge
~X-Scissor

Poliwrath. Even though his only Rock move is lol Rock Tomb.

Dusknoir takes ~40% from Blizzard, and basically kills it with Fire Punch.

Syclant @ Life Orb
Hasty | Compoundeyes
~Blizzard
~Superpower
~Stone Edge
~X-Scissor

Does a MixedWall Zong get 2HKO'ed?

Well, atleast you can revenge kill it.

xD

EDIT: Poliwrath? lol

But Rock Tomb is a OHKO (on Syclant), no?

And there is another pokemon that can beat a Scyland..

Scyland (needs to switch in on a rock move), have yours scarfed and Stone Edge it...xD

Adding compoundeyes seems like just too much...it'd be at least as OU as Garchomp, and it'd even be pretty great in ubers

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
OK. Now I get your point. I thought you had been absent or something and didn't follow the changes. BUT, I was fairly certain that you've been active on all the threads from the beginning.
i was on holarday (stupid spelling) and dident get on smogon much, i voted and read but did not have time to discuss stuff. what do you think about my point? NO pokemon has total imunity from rock, not even on the 1st turn, this can counter T-tar well. NO pokemon has an ability that removes a 4x weak, even for 1 turn. it makes no sense. The people voted ice shell and we want ice shell. redo the poll if we have to.

thats not a nitpick, thats a serious issue. i have always tryed to stop this from being overpowerd, and voted for a spread with lower attacks/speed but thats what people voted for and we have to do waht the votes say.

Syclant @ Life Orb
Hasty | Compoundeyes
~Blizzard
~Superpower
~Stone Edge
~X-Scissor

true (exept odd rare pokemon e.g. polywrath) but many pokemon can switch in and revenge kill it.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
Bronzong walls that set to bits. Expecially since you don't have Bug Buzz. Blissey also does a decent job unless you REALLY pump Atk EV's into it.

This Pokemons problem is that it is quite powerful, but it can't be EXTREEMlY powerful on both sides at the same time.

Syclant @ Life Orb
Hasty | Compoundeyes
~Blizzard
~Superpower
~Stone Edge
~X-Scissor

Tentacruel and most Bulky Waters in General. Swampert resists Stone Edge, Tentracuel resists Bug, Ice, and Fight, plus all bulky waters besides Swampert resist Blizzard. That's the main reason why Thunderfang is the strongest Electric move and why this gets no grass moves at all.

Bull of Heaven

The people voted ice shell and we want ice shell. redo the poll if we have to.
No, you want Ice Shell. No one else has complained about the change. No one else seems to have any problem with Mountaineer. Unless multiple people post to complain, another poll would be a waste of time.

If it's broken, then we while testing this out on Shoddy we can change it. And yea, bulky waters, Bronzong to some extent. The only good moves this thing really gets are Bug Buzz and Blizzard, and the rest of his coverage isn't amazing. It hits some walls, but gets walled by others. Just like Heracross being walled by Gliscor, but still putting the hurt on many Cressys.

Once you have Buzz and Blizzard, the set almost has to be entirely special or have two more physical moves. If you've ever used a Yanmega, which has comparable special attack, but not had hypnosis, then you'll pretty much be looking at a purely special Syclant. You need Brick Break or Superpower to hurt Blissey, and even more Superpower. Dont' forget about Superpower's Attack Drop, so maybe then you could put on Earth Power, or something. This sample set can hurt some stuff, but not everything. The thing about it, it isn't gonna be OHKO'ing anything, and with its defenses it gets killed pretty easily. It's no more broken than Medicham with Compoundeyes.

I don't know about how 'broken' Mountaineer would be. I mean, if you use it, you're restricted to Ice Beam, and other lower power moves. Part of this thing's potency is its ability to use Blizzard with impunity. So, if it's using Blizzard, 90% of the time Stealth Rock will rape it. I don't think it's too broken as it stands.

Sunday

Jengimat said a lot of obvious things, but he also hit the nail on the head with the hammer in his last paragraph - This Poke can have massivly powerful STAB's, or immunity to SR, but not both at once. It needs to have quite a lot of support. Dusknior totally ruins it no matter what ability it has. If it has compoundeyes then it screws up any attempts to rapid spin. If Syclant runs mountaineer then it can't do more than ~30% with Ice Beam. Dusknoir can WoW Syclant in return, allowing it to be totally walled by Blissey. Syclant can also be 1HKOd with FirePunch.

No, you want Ice Shell. No one else has complained about the change. No one else seems to have any problem with Mountaineer. Unless multiple people post to complain, another poll would be a waste of time.
Creepy. That is almost exactly what I wanted to post. I find it highly unlikely you voted for Ice Shell for the name. Rather, you wanted the effect. As such, I feel no need to take this issue up to vote, unless I suddenly get flooded with posters wanting one.

EDIT: Making the new poll now. No one gave input on my dex entries, so I'll include them as well as the others. The new ones people have been posting are all too long.

I got a sexy new dex entry :

The icicles on syclant's back grow bigger as it gets older, the older a syclant is the longer the icicles are. The icicles are 100x stronger than any animals bone and razor sharp.

this poke has a lot of abiltity with very high attack stats and speed to pull it off.
adding a stall version
switch out somthing set up free spikes and still kill with good type coverage double stab attacks
Syclant @ lefties/life orb /sash
Modest/Timid | Compoundeyes
~spikes
~earthpower
~Blizzard
~bugbuzz

can also put sub over any attack for blocking status.

I'm almost under the impression that any sort of spiking Syclant is gonna be a gimmick. But the kind of gimmick that has a good reward if you can pull it off.

Though, of course, as has been talked about, Syclant is a really good mixed wall, and that use would be far more....useful. Plus, Syclant attracts Tentacruels, who can take any hit except earth power and severely hurt with Surf. If you have Earth Power, you're Blissey, or any special wall, fodder.

this poke has a lot of abiltity with very high attack stats and speed to pull it off.
adding a stall version
switch out somthing set up free spikes and still kill with good type coverage double stab attacks
Syclant @ lefties/life orb /sash
Modest/Timid | Compoundeyes
~spikes
~earthpower
~Blizzard
~bugbuzz

can also put sub over any attack for blocking status.
Wait, you're trying to use this thing DEFENSIVELY? That's like trying to make a tanky Deoxys-A.

But anyway, I'd probably run Mountaineer to avoid possible SR damage upon switching in, use its physical attacks, obviously use Adamant/Jolly and maybe put in U-Turn to get out while still hurting the enemy.

Considering I'm not that good at moveset making, my advice might not be useful, but my changes make sense to me.

Sunday

That moveset is quite the same as spiking frostlass, who also gets Spikes for some odd reason. IMHO it doesn't work well...

Though this one time a protect + Disable frostlass really screwed my team over...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)