CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 13, part 2

What dex entry should we use for Syclant (PICK TWO)?

• Entry 1

Votes: 45 27.1%
  • Entry 2

Votes: 44 26.5%
  • Entry 3

Votes: 61 36.7%
  • Entry 4

Votes: 45 27.1%
  • Entry 5

Votes: 61 36.7%
  • Entry 6

Votes: 65 39.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its a good idea. This way, incase they don't make a third game, they can choose the best two, or if they do make a third, they already have the Entry.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Take the top three vote-getters and tag them like this:

#1 Diamond Dex Entry
#2 Pearl Dex Entry
#3 Unreleased Third Game Dex Entry

If the third game never comes out, who cares? It was our third choice anyway.

it wouldn't be in Diamond/Pearl, unles when they get it the decide to make it #495 the Secret Pokemon and make it an Event. But I think you were just using it as an example, right?

Why not, the top three and top two are obvious enough as it is. Besides, this would allow us to move on to the next poll quicker.

Why not, the top three and top two are obvious enough as it is. Besides, this would allow us to move on to the next poll quicker.
There is no next poll. This is it for the First "Create a Pokemon." I mean, I'm going to post my e-mail to Nintendo so we can all proofread it before i send it, but aside from that, we're done.

Ah, I thought we were going to do another set of polls for the prevo, naming and creating the sprite and such. Oh well.

When would we start the next create-a-pokemon, if ever?

DougJustDoug

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
it wouldn't be in Diamond/Pearl, unles when they get it the decide to make it #495 the Secret Pokemon and make it an Event. But I think you were just using it as an example, right?
Yes, that's what I meant. I should have said, "For example, if this was a D/P pokemon it would be..."

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Oh good, looking forward to picking the whole letter apart >.>

Lol, I wonder how long Nintendo would take to reply? I mean a real reply, not a generic "Nintendo is greatful for your letter, etc, etc
Signed: Computer Generated Reply"

DougJustDoug

Oh good, looking forward to picking the whole letter apart >.>

Lol, I wonder how long Nintendo would take to reply? I mean a real reply, not a generic "Nintendo is greatful for your letter, etc, etc
Signed: Computer Generated Reply"
I hate being such a cynic, but honestly --- never.

I really don't feel like quoting right now BUT:

One of the reasons that you, Cooper, do not want to let the entire community actually weigh in on the ability, one of the most important parts, is because you don't want one more poll? It isn't like the poll is hard to make!

I have, though, coem up with a solution that would be almost no problem at all for you. Why not just submit Ice Shell and Mountaineer to nintendo as the alternative to Compoundeyes? It would only take an extra 30 seconds (if you suck at typing) to add that in with a: pick the one you liek better Nintendo! note added in.

I think we are trying to reason this out as mature people, and you seem to be being a bit of a child about it with your "because I said so" type attitude.

Thanks for listening, and you really have done a great job with modding the entire process. Eric is right though, what if the community honestly prefers Ice Shell? I don't think ti is right for you alone to have the power to say that we ALL (or even a majority of us) prefer Mountaineer.

I really hope nintendo does take its time to read it and maybe add it to its possible 5th gen dex. Sadly chances are extremely slim.

It doesn't feel to me as if the Prevo has been decided fully yet that there will not be any polls to follow. Syclant as it is is functional, but we should at least vote on the prevo's name and sprite.

Even though the last post was finalized as it having a Pre-evo, I highly doubt any one is going to make one. So.....we should just list names, and i guess a tally would be good?
A). Sylar [Icicle + Larvae]
B). Buzen [Bug + Frozen]
C). Subug {Sub-0 + Bug]
D). Arcant [Artic + Ant]
E). Larvice [Larvae + Ice]

Well. Atm thats the best I could come up with. As for the sprite, Cyzir's original #1 Sprite should see fit.
EDIT: Yeah I know. Most of them suck. But i havent seen any other suggestions, so yeah.

Sylar works fine as a pre-evo. It's similar to Syclant. Honestly, Cooper laziness isn't a real reason not to have another poll. I really don't care that much, but I prefer Ice Shell and I think that you being lazy is not a good reason to discount it. Honestly, one person complaining made you change it then, one person complaining now should be enough to have a poll over it.

It's ridiculous that it affects Spikes AND Sr AND Ts, one would be good, all 3 is ridiculous.

I voted for Ice Absorb, it's the least broken/still helpful on something with these stats.

This whole thing seemed kinda cool when it was first started, it's a shame it turned into "create a broken poke"
This is not enough argument to automatically override Eric's point. This is basically all the involvement Automatic had, while Eric has been involve the entire time. It's just not respectful to allow one person to override a more active person's opinions.

Bull of Heaven

I voted for #2 and #3. I miss the ice castles too much to vote for #5, which would force Syclant to live alone.

Cooper, I'll vote for Mountaineer if you make another poll. You should consider it. It might shut certain people up.

4.) "Female SYCLANT tend to be less aggressive than males, but defend their eggs with brute force if needed. All SYCLANT are a potent force in battle, but also are courteous fighters. Should one knock down an opponent, it won't attack until its foe gets back up."
does this mean that if my pokemon is paralyzed, sleeping, frozen, haxed or the sort it wont attack b/c of courteousness?

Sylar works fine as a pre-evo. It's similar to Syclant. Honestly, Cooper laziness isn't a real reason not to have another poll. I really don't care that much, but I prefer Ice Shell and I think that you being lazy is not a good reason to discount it. Honestly, one person complaining made you change it then, one person complaining now should be enough to have a poll over it.

This is not enough argument to automatically override Eric's point. This is basically all the involvement Automatic had, while Eric has been involve the entire time. It's just not respectful to allow one person to override a more active person's opinions.

The reason that Ice Shell came up is because people wanted to negate the 50% damage this thing would take on the switch in. It has a huge rock weakness, and the majority still wanted it. Then after the typing was decided everyone was scrambling to come up with a way this thing wouldn't take 50% damage on the switch, which is what ends up hindering many good pokes and sends them down BL or UU.

Mountaineer makes more sense than Ice Shell, is less broken and isn't going to end up being the most abused skill ever. I was pretty much shocked when I saw that Cooper had changed it. I think it's pretty cool that he looked first at what someone was writing and not how many posts they had.

Why should this thing be able to negate spikes/toxic spike damage on the switch in? It'd be hella broken.

"i am saying that cooper changed the name and effect after most people had voted"
He made it pretty obvious in the poll when he wrote in big red letter stating the change, and that was maybe after 8 people had voted on that particular poll.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Why should this thing be able to negate spikes/toxic spike damage on the switch in? It'd be hella broken.
Obi's famous stall team would be raped hands down.

"Obi: I have 3 layers of spikes, 2 TS and SR down. Nothing can safely switch in!"
*Trainer sent in Syclant*
*Syclant proceeded to rape Hippowdon / Celebi / Blissey / every other Poke in Obi's stall team*

I wouldn't say it could rape Obi's stall team if he had "Ice Shell" but he would have a hella time dealing with it. Personally I didn't like the fact the change from Ice shell to mountineer was made only after seeing a certain comment from a single person. This one person comment basically override the opinions of many and said "Fuck you to all who supported Ice shell, I changing it just to spite you all!!!!" but that's my honest opinion. Honestly I just want this thing to end so we can go to other and maybe more funnier idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)