CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 4

What should the Base Stat Total of our new pokemon be?

Votes: 31 13.8%
  • 580-599

Votes: 21 9.4%
  • 560-579

Votes: 32 14.3%
  • 540-559

Votes: 65 29.0%
  • 520-539

Votes: 61 27.2%
  • 500-519

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • 480-499

Votes: 5 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay, Poll 4! The story thus far:

Bug/Ice
Mixed Sweeper

Um, whoopee? Can't say any of my picks are getting through, but then that's not really the point. Anyway, this time around we will be voting on base stats. In the interest of making this pokemon both OU and acceptable to Nintendo, the 600 mark will not be broken here. However, by judging the last poll, many usable stats can come out of low totals. This poll will close in three days.

EDIT: Also, find the art competition here.

Whoo! I'm winning! 520-539 for me, because it's balanced, allows for fair distribution of Attack, Sp. Attack, and Speed, and isn't outrageous.

520-539. Leaves enough to have a solid amount in both attacking stats and speed while having defenses that are below average but still passable. Infernape has 534, btw.

520-539 should be good enough, However it doesn't entirely matter how high the total stats are, the distribution needs to be good.
I mean just look at arcanine. Everything is above average, but it doesn't end up helping him too much at all. Now if those stats were just used as maybe 130 attack and 80 special attack and 80 hp and 100 speed, He would be a force to be reckoned with.
Infernapes stats total lower than arcanine, However he has them right where he needs them to be devastating.

540-559...to give some strength to poor typing...and that's just what i'm thinking after the fact. it looked like a nice number to me.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i vote 520-539 because it will probably get a partly overpowerd ability.
its a close call we need every vote we can get!

550 stats, fantastic distribution.

Come on, we are making a competetive Pokemon here, unless it has Magic Guard as ability, its gonna need those stats.

eric the espeon

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
550 stats, fantastic distribution.

Come on, we are making a competetive Pokemon here, unless it has Magic Guard as ability, its gonna need those stats.
most non legindery OU pokemon have 520-539 stat total

I went with 540-559. Bug/Ice is not so great on the defensive, so some extra Base Stat Points could really go a long way here.

eric the espeon

i supose 540-559 could work so long as it dosent have a stat spread like
60/125/55/130/55/130
cos that would be sooo broken
something like
80/105/70/115/70/115
would be ok (but on the limit of overpowerd) though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)