CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 5

What will be the stats of our new pokemon? (speed last)

• 80/ 105/ 65/ 115/ 70/ 115 (Total 550)

Votes: 22 10.3%
  • 105/ 80/ 60/ 120/ 75/ 110 (Total 550)

Votes: 33 15.5%
  • 70/ 100/ 75/ 105/ 80/ 115 (Total 545)

Votes: 17 8.0%
  • 47/ 125/ 75/ 105/ 70/ 123 (Total 545)

Votes: 70 32.9%
  • 70/ 116/ 70/ 114/ 64/ 121 (Total 555)

Votes: 71 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Thunder Boom is way too powerful. 100% accuracy and 120 power? That's pretty insane. With Thunderpunch this thing would be a lot better, though a nice special attack would be good.

If it does get Thunderpunch/Thunderbolt, the new move could be something that heals. Heal on the switch sounds pretty good.
Discharge!

And Deck Knight is defending my spread more (and better) than I could do... I think I should have something to say now, but I don't.

Cooper~ You know....you can give it an effect you know? Just because it doesn't have any effect on it right now doesn't mean it did. My originally effect had a 1/3 recoil on it which would make it a speical version of Brave Bird but meh, not like it matters now. It needs Thunderbolt.

Maybe it could harshly lower your Sp. attack every time you use it. Like Draco Meteor with a Electric typing. That'd make this guy a very viable mixed sweeper.

Maybe it could harshly lower your Sp. attack every time you use it. Like Draco Meteor with a Electric typing. That'd make this guy a very viable mixed sweeper.
if that was the case, we should raise the power to 140, like Draco Meteor

Mario's in the lead by one, honestly hope yours wins too ;)

I don't think this poke should have any special moves, unless its something like the difference between heal order and recover (nothing)

Thus decreasing it's accurary to 90. Personally I find my recoil effect idea somewhat more appealing...well to me it is but either way, people are going to be wanting a balanced move.
I think, though, that most of the hard hitting recoil moves are usually best kept for bulkier pokemon, and that just isn't the case with either winning IV Spread. Plus, if its 140 BP with 90 accuracy AND has compound eyes, it would almost always hit. Both those options seem over powered to me, one way or another.

Actually, it would always hit. That 30% boost would bring that 90 to a 117.

A recoil move would do to prevent brokeness. And not only bulky pokemon have them; what about Infernape?

Even if it's accuracy is 90, we still have the option of Compound Eyes for an ability.
You know, the more and more you talk about this thing getting Compound Eyes and MegaHorn/Blizzard the more I'm loving that idea.

Denede~ Infernape is a frail bastard with an 120 powered recoil move yet it still kills things before dying so letting this thing have an 120 powered recoil to handle bulky water wouldn't be so bad.

You know, the more and more you talk about this thing getting Compound Eyes and MegaHorn/Blizzard the more I'm loving that idea.

Denede~ Infernape is a frail bastard with an 120 powered recoil move yet it still kills things before dying so letting this thing have an 120 powered recoil to handle bulky water wouldn't be so bad.
hahaha, yay, people are starting to like Compound Eyes more. Thank god it is so easy it justify it, just make the eyes segmented.

Meh, recoil on this thing just seems plain bad. 50% and then it kills itself hitting Suicune, or god forbid, Vaporeon / Wailord (lols). Another reason why I dislike Life Orb, you only get around 5 uses unless you lead. This can be reduced to two uses, Stealth Rock+3 Spikes+1 Toxic Spikes+Sandstream. The reason why ChainChomp / Garchomp in general is so good with Life Orb is that it is immune to Sandstream and resists Stealth Rock. Also, how many Life Orb Heracross's do you see? Or Yanmega's for that matter? Life Orb is good in a very few specific circumstances, otherwise, it is a gamble that your opponent isn't a good staller.

Meh, recoil on this thing just seems plain bad. 50% and then it kills itself hitting Suicune, or god forbid, Vaporeon / Wailord (lols).
True though if you're referring to my move I proposed, originally speaking it was made for Magnazone, Electrode(LOL), and Zapdos but I do understand what you're talking about here.

Another reason why I dislike Life Orb, you only get around 5 uses unless you lead. This can be reduced to two uses, Stealth Rock+3 Spikes+1 Toxic Spikes+Sandstream. The reason why ChainChomp / Garchomp in general is so good with Life Orb is that it is immune to Sandstream and resists Stealth Rock. Also, how many Life Orb Heracross's do you see? Or Yanmega's for that matter? Life Orb is good in a very few specific circumstances, otherwise, it is a gamble that your opponent isn't a good staller.
I do agree with you there,

Congrats to MwL.

Although I think a large, maybe 20-30 people, voted on MwL's spread because it had the highest Base Stat total. I know alot of people would have been pleased with an extra 10 HP or Def on mine.

W/e, congrats to MwL for knowing how to manipulate the masses.

Mario With Lasers

Congrats to MwL.

Although I think a large, maybe 20-30 people, voted on MwL's spread because it had the highest Base Stat total. I know alot of people would have been pleased with an extra 10 HP or Def on mine.

W/e, congrats to MwL for knowing how to manipulate the masses.
Actually, I just used 555 as a mark because it reminded me of Arcanine. I could give it 545 anyway, or even 535 (and then, the Sp. Defense would suffer).

But Cooper is going to do another poll, with only our spreads. This one was way too close.

Actually, I just used 555 as a mark because it reminded me of Arcanine. I could give it 545 anyway, or even 535 (and then, the Sp. Defense would suffer).

But Cooper is going to do another poll, with only our spreads. This one was way too close.
What? That's crazy! There was a whole .49% difference!

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If we're still doing input on moves:

Ice Breaker
Type: Ice
Physical
Power: 100
Accuracy: 90%
PP: 10
Effect: Shatters Reflect/Light Screen.

Decent physical Ice attack with cool anti-screen effect.

^ Nice, let me try again.

Name: Ice Slash
Type: Ice
Physical
Power: 70
Acc: 100
PP: 15
Effect: High chance of critcal hitting

Like an Ice type version of Slash.

Oh, I'm not sure if you were still accepting ability suggestions, but I was thinking about a "Frost shell" ability something like this:

Upon switching in, the pokemon forms a barrier of frost that decreases the damage from one incoming attack by 25% (not exactly sure what the number would be, just throwing that one out there). If the pokemon switches into Stealth Rock, the shield is shattered but no additional damage is taken.

Mario With Lasers

Oh, I'm not sure if you were still accepting ability suggestions, but I was thinking about a "Frost shell" ability something like this:

Upon switching in, the pokemon forms a barrier of frost that decreases the damage from one incoming attack by 25% (not exactly sure what the number would be, just throwing that one out there). If the pokemon switches into Stealth Rock, the shield is shattered but no additional damage is taken.
Good idea. This would made it immune to Spikes too, if Stealth Rock damage is taken into account first.

But what about Toxic Spikes? Would it still get poisoned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)