CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 7, part 3

What will be the art design of our new pokemon?

• CyzirVisheen

Votes: 134 56.8%
  • just some chick

Votes: 102 43.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, It looks really good, but I'm trouble adding the cracked crystal effects and the blue gems to the wings >_<

There was something a while ago about contacting Amazing Ampharos and asking him to put it in his new server. I don't know him at all, so I'd ask a mod to do that part, but that is the general idea. I want to see how well it works competitively before submitting to Nintendo.

Considering there is only one picture of a Pokemon, I voted for the Pokemon. Good job JSC.

The other thing looks like it might bust out of your chest or fight Goku.

Vote for a Pokemon. Vote JSC.

Odinwolf, I feel bad for any presidential candidate that would hire you to make their commercials [lol].

JSC's is nice, but you're voting for a blue grasshopper to put it simply. Too basic IMO. Nothing against it though, its an awesome picture, but I like Cyzir's better.

Considering there is only one picture of a Pokemon, I voted for the Pokemon. Good job JSC.

The other thing looks like it might bust out of your chest or fight Goku.

Vote for a Pokemon. Vote JSC.
wow, no wonder politics is soo messed up.

Anyways, what is with all the hatred of detail?

Theroically, none of them were pokemon anyway so "voting for a pokemon" is kinda ironic. Hm...so we should vote for a creature that's the most child friendly, right?

As somewhat of a drawer myself, I really didn't think Cyzir's was "overdetailed". People just think that because it looks "sketchy", aka not in its final presentable form.

The reason why everyone is saying jsc's is less detailed is because she already refined it, added all the final touches, etc. Cyzir can easily make his look the same with a bit more touch-ups.

I voted Cyzir's only because I felt it could really show that it could potentially have more flexibility in its move pool. JSC's is more pokemon-like, and I do actually like it more, but it looks although it's movepool would be shallow.

Lawman, very nice. My only problem with it is the color, lol it reminds me of Blue version. But other than that, very good. A few more final touches and there we have the sprite.

I voted Cyzir's. I love JSC's to death, it's amazing, but I just can't picture it doing anything that I want this sweeper to do. I picked Cyzir's just because it works better with concept, IMO.

Amazing job, though, JSC! ^__^

voted justsomechicks.

the top one looks cool and all, but not like a pokemon at all. it looks like a machine/robot, not at all like a bug ice pokemon. also, it is way too comlpicated, a sprite for the drawing would have to be changed to be less detailed, so in effect it would not even be what we were voting for.

justsomechicks has the whole pokemon feel to it. it looks fast and frail, exactly what the stat spread suggests for it. it is also much easier to make a sprite for, as it has at least 50 times less detail then the former drawing

Lawman and Tsukikage, that actually looks pretty darned nice. I'm actually liking the sprite more than the actual drawing xD.

JSC could have a pokedex entry like "Very calm Pokémon but when battling it's antennae develop into horns and gets very aggressive."

There you have Megahorn and Close Combat.

Heres my try of editing your sprite, tsukikage

EDIT: there we go, its fixed now ^^
I think it looks good, but the ice wing, shards, etc need more, I don't know something I can't explain in words. Good job adding the wings to tsukikage's design. It must be hard adding those wings.

skater, I kind of know what you mean, but think about it. What Pokemon's sprite can play a good role for this guy's wings? Dialga's shoulder blades (??) seem good enough for the time being at least.

Heres my try of editing your sprite, tsukikage

EDIT: there we go, its fixed now ^^
Very nice. I never would have thought Dialga. It truely looks great. The shading seems a bit off on the right arm, but this is easily fixable in the final design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)