CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 7

What will be the art design of our new pokemon?

• Amandabynes

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • DougJustDoug #1

Votes: 36 18.5%
  • DougJustDoug #2

Votes: 41 21.0%
  • just some chick

Votes: 70 35.9%
  • KingofAnime-KoA

Votes: 37 19.0%
  • Soy-Monk

Votes: 55 28.2%
  • CyzirVisheen

Votes: 85 43.6%
  • Atlas

Votes: 6 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
PICK ONLY TWO FOR THE POLL!!!

Hoo boy, this is gonna be a big one. I sincerely hope your computers can take this, because you're all about to get hit with images.

Yep, you guessed it. This time around we are voting on possibly the most anticipated topic ever: what this pokemon is going to look like! Pretty exciting if you ask me. For sake of simplicity, I won't be including those pieces of art that are too small, blocky, off topic, got no good reviews, or, (in my opinion) bad. Here's what our pokemon looks like so far:

Bug/Ice
Ability: Compound Eyes/ Mountaineer
70/ 116/ 70/ 114/ 64/ 121

Not too shabby, if I do say so myself. For those of you furious over the semi-last minute change in the function of the ability formerly known as Ice Shell, quit whining because I don't care. Anyway, here's what you really want to see. DON'T SUGGEST ANY NEW ART AT THIS POINT. YOU'VE HAD THREE WEEKS FOR THAT AND, NOT ONLY WILL I COMPLETELY IGNORE YOUR IDEA, I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU.

Now, there are eight pictures here (seven artists, but Doug posted two pictures which I found to be acceptable). Instead of just one vote, everyone will be allowed to vote twice. Please, PLEASE vote for your two favorites, not the same one twice. Also, this will be a three-part poll. The first will narrow the eight drawings to four, the second will narrow four to two, and the third will decide the winner. In the interest of time, each poll will only be open for two days. The winner is usually decided by then anyway. So without further ado, these are your choices:

Amandabynes:

DougJustDoug #1:

DougJustDoug #2:

just some chick:

KingofAnime - KoA:

Soy-Monk:

CyzirVisheen:

Atlas:

Get voting people. This is a very important part of the process. I urge you not to vote based on whose art is colored, but whose looks the best. The winning artist will be able to make any touch-ups after they are declared the winner.

I went for the scarf-wings guy and the freaky second last thing.

Just wondering, where's the bug likeness on the first one? All I'm seeing is some kind of snow-bunny-fairy thing there.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I CAN'T CHOOSE

I know, at least, that I won't vote for KoA's (Yanmega's bastard son) and CyzirVisheen's (amazing work, but I think it would be better it this thing had 600 BST).

Amanda's looks like some Volbeat evo; I think it's WAY too... cute and small to get those stats.

Doug's #1 has those ugly sleds. Blergh.

Holy shit, Doug's #2's sleds are actually well-done. I didn't get the wings (why are they triangles?), but I like it.

jsc's is... marvelous. I can't see it using Close Combat (as I wish), but, if they gave Focus Punch to Wooper, I think we can give CC for this mantis...

Soy-Monk's is REALLY frightening (typo?). It's like Giratina, but... eviler. This one totally gets Close Combat, I'm sure. But still, jsc's is so beautiful...

Looks like I'm gonna stall a little before voting again -_-

I voted for DougJustDoug #1 because it looks cool (lame reason i know)

I didn't vote for just some chick because I can't see it using megahorn, and I want this thing to know megahorn.

edit: lol...missed the super large bold red print that says you can vote for 2.

Voting for JSC and Cyzir. Also...

For those of you furious over the semi-last minute change in the function of the ability formerly known as Ice Shell, quit whining because I don't care.
Exactly why did that happen?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
I voted for DougJustDoug #1 because it looks cool (lame reason i know)

I didn't vote for just some chick because I can't see it using megahorn, and I want this thing to know megahorn.
Don't forget we can still give it a new move. Not better than Megahorn, ovbiously, but who knows.

And I'm sure those who voted for Compoundeyes did it for Megahorn.

Someone brought it to my attention that being able to come in without taking any indirect damage for the turn would be broken/unfair. I agreed. It's necessary to stop SR because it's very situational. By that I mean there are only four pokemon in the game (that I can think of) that take 50% from SR, while everything takes 25% from three layers of Spikes. The point of Ice Shell was to give the new pogey a chance to do something useful, not make it superior to everything else in its ability to switch in.

okay, I voted for the horn beetle car of doom and the one I have been promoting, aka second to last.

2nd to last is just pure awesome and the Horn Beetle is really, really nice concept wise.

Just some chick 1st.
cyzir something something 2nd.

Soy_Monk's one is cool, but looks more like a Digimon than a Pokemon, as some of those.
Doug's 2nd looks like Flygon, so it didn't get my vote.

cyzir visheen is pwnage. also makes the most sense for ice shell and compound eyes in my opinion while still looking like it could have good movepool...

second vote was for koa. that thing needs some love.

cooper...random question/suggestion? might movepool be best determined by negative voting? like...having people vote based on what they don't want to see on the pokemon, rather than what they do? or which move they could live without?

just a random idea. from a random dood.

Doug #2 and CyzerVisheen

As nice as JSC's is, I can't see it with CC, or Megahorn, or Blizzard, or any attack really. Great design, very well drawn, but rather useless in mu opinion.

Cyzer's is what I hope wins. Looks liek Lucario or Scyther a bit, and its easy to see it using lots of attacks.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
Praying mantis + Scarf = win.

It can get all the slashing moves like x-scizor and night slash, aswell as looking as if it can fire Blizzards and other beams.

Doug #1 and Soy-monk since they won my hearts long time ago. This strange liking that everyone have for JSC's creation is kinda odd to me. It's well done and that's great and all but it seem slightly overrated to me.

Cyzirvisheen's art is amazing! I chose his and Just Some Chick's.

Soy Monk's didn't really look like a Pokémon. Amandabynes' looked not bug enough. Doug's first one was my third choice, his second was kind of silly. KoA's was pretty cool too... Atlas' one looked kind of silly as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)