CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 8

Which moves DON'T you want to see on our new pokemon (PICK TWO)

• Zap Cannon

Votes: 75 33.2%
  • Thunderpunch

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • Close Combat

Votes: 54 23.9%
  • Focus Blast

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Fire Blast

Votes: 116 51.3%
  • Stone Edge

Votes: 44 19.5%
  • Earthquake

Votes: 52 23.0%
  • Earth Power

Votes: 28 12.4%
  • Hydro Pump

Votes: 81 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Give it Spark if you want an electric move so badly. I mean, even Whiscash [sp] learns it.

EDIT: How are people not voting Hydro Pump?

EDIT: How are people not voting Hydro Pump?

There are a lot of moves this dude shouldn't get. Hydro is one of them, but so is Fire Blast and Stone Edge for sure. There are too many to vote down, not enough votes to do it with.

This thing doesn't even have hands, how is it gonna hold a sharp rock?

At this point what I'm thinking of doing is killing off the top two moves in this poll, and then doing the same in the follow-up. That will leave five of the moves here to be put into the final movepool. And there's still the create-a-move poll to fill in whatever sort of hole is left.

hydro pump and fire blast have no rationalization whatsoever. fire and water =/= ice/bug. nope, sorry.

everything else, you can make a case for. glad to see those two are leading.

At this point what I'm thinking of doing is killing off the top two moves in this poll, and then doing the same in the follow-up. That will leave five of the moves here to be put into the final movepool. And there's still the create-a-move poll to fill in whatever sort of hole is left.
I would do a poll for moves of each classification, like Physical/Special/whatever.

Voted Fire Blast and Hydro Pump. It's going to be Close Combat and Stone Edge in the next one.

Why the fuck are people voting Zap Cannon?

I voted fire blast and hydro pump. I can see hydro pump a little. Ice melts into water and water freezes into ice. But i just can't see it using Hydro Pump.

I voted for Fire Blast and Close Combat. I really don't think it should get Close Combat, because it would make it too powerful. I don't see why so many people think it shouldn't get Hydro Pump, it has "cannon" arms to use it and it's not like it would make it broken...like so much other stuff that has happened in these polls.

if he has ice wings and flies...
why doesn't he have levitate? he is friggin' in the air, he isnt going to be hit by an earthquake.
and compound eyes makes this guy insanely broken. most of the moves with amazingly high damage are nerfed by their bad accuracy; aqua tail for example. almost nobody uses it because of the bad accuracy, even though it does more damage than waterfall.
so why make a broken moveset even more broken with that ability? i say revise that idea, definately. i would also definately take more than 2 moves out of that movepool, it has insane coverage.

EDIT: i just saw coopers post about eleminating 4 moves total. i take back what i said about the broken movepool.
no, i only partially take back about the broken move pool. it will still have a broken move pool even with just five of these and the other moves it will get.

if he has ice wings and flies...
why doesn't he have levitate? he is friggin' in the air, he isnt going to be hit by an earthquake.
and compound eyes makes this guy insanely broken. most of the moves with amazingly high damage are nerfed by their bad accuracy; aqua tail for example. almost nobody uses it because of the bad accuracy, even though it does more damage than waterfall.
so why make a broken moveset even more broken with that ability? i say revise that idea, definately. i would also definately take more than 2 moves out of that movepool, it has insane coverage.
i totally agree with this.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I love sundays evolution of sprites thing

I did some touch ups on the shading of sundays and added a purple color that I think looks pretty good on it

The crystal spikes somewher along the line turned into wings lol on every sprite that has been done really
Pretty badass weavile tamer. I'll see if I can fix up the eye today.
(Sunday's, just so I can compare.)
Hrm... I'm not so sure about the purple on the wings. On it's own it looks good.

Cooper, could I request a seperate thread for all discussion and submissions of Sprites?

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Err, 90% accuracy isn't necessarily terrible.
And the main reason Waterfall is preferred is for the possibility of flinching.

And in all honesty, I'm tired of everyone and their mother getting Levitate.

KOA, moves with bad accuracy have the tendency to miss alot.
stone edge misses way more times then 1/5 (its 80% acc. amirite?)

BTW, on the sprite, sunday, the wings look very generic. they need better shading and the color needs to be a little darker.

no, i only partially take back about the broken move pool. it will still have a broken move pool even with just five of these and the other moves it will get.
How exactly will it have a broken movepool? Just because it has moves that do a lot of damage doesn't make it too good. Look at Gengar, or Starmie, or Heracross, or Infernape. They all have some of the most powerful and widely used attacks in the game, but they're easy to kill because they all have defined counters. This pokemon is the same way. So what if it has a large movepool full of powerful attacks? The way the polls are looking right now, it's going to have a big movepool, but not a wide one. It's also going to be very physical based. Bronzong will shod on this, as will Weavile. Without Fire Blast it can't take out bulky Steels (except Metagross). This thing can be countered by quite a lot, and a 100% accurate Stone Edge won't change that.

Weavile gets STAB Bug to the face.

The sprite thread is a good idea. The shading on the shoulders looks uneven to me, I'll see what I can do.

the monkey has good coverage, but all the moves have low BP (except close combat XD). if he had an accuracy increasing move he would definately run higher BP moves because he wouldn't have to worry about accuracy.
the whole point of my post was that compound eyes are too good for this pokemon. he needs levititate because he does fly.

Sunday

I love how we're all working on the same sprite, so it seems to "evolve" with every bit someone does to it XD

Voted Fire Blast and Hydro Pump. Not sure how it would get Hydro Pump on it in the first place (Unless Smeargle bred with it or something), and Fire Blast is just no.

On a side note, Ground+Ice+Fighting+Dark/Flying=14/17 types SE, and it appears that he'll get atleast one of each of these types.

Sunday

Sanjay, I'll get that eye looking right and then you can use the version without a retarded eye to fix the shoulders.

voted Zap Cannon and Hydro Pump because a Zap cannon/Hydro Pumping Ice/Bug pokemon and also because those moves have bad accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)