CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 8

Which moves DON'T you want to see on our new pokemon (PICK TWO)

• Zap Cannon

Votes: 75 33.2%
  • Thunderpunch

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • Close Combat

Votes: 54 23.9%
  • Focus Blast

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Fire Blast

Votes: 116 51.3%
  • Stone Edge

Votes: 44 19.5%
  • Earthquake

Votes: 52 23.0%
  • Earth Power

Votes: 28 12.4%
  • Hydro Pump

Votes: 81 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
KOA, you should try to make a differently posed sprite from scratch. i dont like the straight arms so i would like to see how you can do on it (with your experience in consideration).

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
lol, ok, I'll take yours and add the good eye to it.

Sanjay, I know how:

Smeargle

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
KOA, you should try to make a differently posed sprite from scratch. i dont like the straight arms so i would like to see how you can do on it (with your experience in consideration).
I've been working on it since yesterday. Should be finished by 10. :)

Sunday

Should have just used mine XD

Ok, I'll upload the fixed eye and get some feedback.

I hate to sound like i'm trying to put a cog in the works, but surely to use compound eyesas an ability, the bug should actually have compoundeyes? as it stands he just has normal ones...and yes i know this post should have been in an earlier thread.

Wouldn't an Mach Punch, ES, Shadown Sneak, An other Quick Attack like attack after an -defense boost kill it, thus making it a bit of an downfall. I'm not saying it should/shouldn't in any way, just wanted to point that up.
Was missed and would like to add this, how much would a Pursuit(STABBED or Un-STABBED) do to this creature after a defense lose?

Sunday

Does that eye look a bit better? It looked like this before:

Hrm, I'm still not happy with it. It looks a bit droopy to me. I'll have another go.

Just something I was thinking about on the sprite, is it possible to separate the arms a bit? It made sense in context when it was firing off an Ice Beam, but now it looks like it's wearing manacles. Maybe bend the right arm (it's right, not ours) so it looks like it's about to punch something. Just my own thoughts. Also

With Compoundeyes this is raped by Stealth Rock
Yes. 100% accurate moves are a good trade-off for 50% HP, no?

I know it isn't that hot to drop earthquake (from a competetive point of view), but I'd really like to see something using Earthpower (plus I can't imagine this thing creating an earthquake). Since It's a special sweeper Earthpower would be viable, too..

Looks good now.

EDIT: Fucking shoulders. Outlined it a bit more.

I really like the original shading on the shoulders better than what we have now.

Sunday

Ok, I'm happy with it now, hope you haven't done too much work on it Sanjay, but I haven't changed that many sprites so when you post yours I'll combine them.

EDIT: I'm adding my new eye to yours Sanjay, won't be a minute.

EDIT: Done.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Watch those colors guys. D/P Pokemon sprites don't go over 16 colors. THat's 15 colors plus a transparency color. (IE, the background color.)

Sanjay's there tips the scale at 29 colors and Sunday's uses 29 as well. :(

Meh, Cooper for this part, we should have voted for the moves we wanted to see out of this. Most people want 4 moves to be removed immediately, it looks like it will end up being Earth Power, Thunderpunch, and Focus Blast + one other move left after these polls.

I honestly think that if you are going the auto ban route on Thunder and Thunderbolt, you should do the same for Earthquake and Earth Power. I fear those more than I do the Thunder moves.

Sunday

And here's the combined version! Looking good there unnamed creature!
EDIT: Sanjay, I changed the eye a bit. :S
EDIT2: Ah good, it's updated with new, new eye. I also like it. I'm so torn between the two. Also I can no longer see anything that needs to be done with them.

About the colours, maybe Ninty will be up to 64 Bit by the next generation :P

Sunday

Hahahaha. I love the name you gave the file XD

Anyway, narowing down the colours can be Nintys job lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)