CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 9

What will be the type of our custom move?

• Physical

Votes: 105 58.0%
  • Special

Votes: 39 21.5%
  • Support

Votes: 37 20.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question to you spriters: how did you make your animations move like that? I'm currently working on one, and I can't make them flicker like that. Is there something on ImageShack (my hoster), or do I need a certain program?

On topic, thanks for the names. My vote goes to Aufeis.

Exofrost is from exoskeleton and frost. Formicicle is from Formicidae, the ant family, and icicle. It can also be from formidable, meaning great.

And wtf you did not put Namkungia magnus in italics and you capsed my name. >O

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Quick question to you spriters: how did you make your animations move like that? I'm currently working on one, and I can't make them flicker like that. Is there something on ImageShack (my hoster), or do I need a certain program?

It's kinda hard to explain, but if you open up any gif animating program and open up the gif, you'll be able to see the frames like that.

KoA

is an Artist
It really depends on the animator you're using. I use Ulead Gif Animator 5, and it is one of the best, IMO.

The part I like the most about it is that you can position things absolutely.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

I know in Image Ready (photoshop add on) you can just duplicate the frame with the poke on it, and then move that frame a spot of two to the left, repeat from right, then swap between the two on your actualy frames for the animation.

@ Sanjay - I didn't italic it, or at least it's not italic'd when I look at it. I'll change your name now though.

here is the process i used for my sprite, for anyone who doesn't have an animator program.
i used iaza.com and uploaded the pics
make 6 frames,
1. first stance, in the middle
2. first stance, to the far left
3. first stance, to the far right
4,5,6. the same as above but with the second stance.
then use the animation process on iaza... mix up the stances and see what kind of result you guys get. i used the stances in a order somewhat like this.
1, 2, 3, 2, 3, 5, 5, 6, 6, 2, 3, 5, 5, 5, 6

KoA

is an Artist
Yeah, he put it well in words. I'm not much of an orator.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
here is the process i used for my sprite, for anyone who doesn't have an animator program.
make 6 frames,
then use the animation process on iaza... mix up the stances and see what kind of result you guys get. i used the stances in a order somewhat like this.
Mush better way of putting it. You can use this to convey how some pokes animations go. Regigigas goes like this:
1, 4, 1, 4, 1, 2, 3, 2, 3, 2, 3, 4.

KoA

is an Artist
I was a loser one day and made these Anims by staring at my DS screen. >_>

It's the same principle.

make 6 frames,
What...how do you make a frame move to the right and/or left on Iaza?

On-topic~ So..the new move thing is scrapped?

make the sprite in a different position in the frames. i stated that in the frame making part of the post.
make the frames in paint, and animate them on iaza.

So are we gonna get a new poll now for some of the best move ideas?

This entire process seems to be dieing and going way off topic right now...since we aren't naming yet or choosing the sprite we like best.

Thank you so much for that link, dark-war-cloud. It really helped. This is what I came up with:

Yep, I'm bored. How do I get rid of the black shit on the bottom? It wasn't there in my pictures.

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I voted special for the heck of it. It learns enough physical attacks.

Also, a special ice-type attack (like Ice Beam) would be better on it to break through walls like Donphan, Gliscor and Hippowdon, which is why a better Ice type physical attack is unnecessary in my opinion.

lol... but i dont see any black stuff. if you do, it might be because all your frames arent the same size.. when making the frames make sure they are all the same size... it says the size in the right corner when you are resizing your canvas.

Lord Sunday, please stop taking credit for my name. You seem to do alot of that, so I would like it if you would stop.

Beyond that, move onto the next poll? Sprites would be the most logical.

Beyond that, move onto the next poll? Sprites would be the most logical.
Wait until tomorrow. I want to start the next poll in the morning so I can start new ones at school. Sprites will be next, since everyone has animated theirs. Speaking of that, I perfected mine:

Yeah.

Thanks, though I have to say, I hate it when I spam my own thread.

dark-war-cloud: How did you upload your avatar as your avatar? Isn't it too big? That's the problem I'm coming up against at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)