CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 9

What will be the type of our custom move?

• Physical

Votes: 105 58.0%
  • Special

Votes: 39 21.5%
  • Support

Votes: 37 20.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Dude if you guys were going for ants/moths then ignore that one. I will work on a new one from scratch give me like a day .
If you do it from scratch, then really do it from scratch. In the last thread, I saw your "scratch" version of KoA's pose. At best, it was a bad copy of his sprite. At worst, it was a lift. Either way, it wasn't "scratch". Scratch means design and draw it yourself. Don't lift, fuse or recolor someone else's, including mine. Unlike my first sprite, I really don't want any mods to my latest sprite.

Except Sunday, whose guitar thing is just too funny...

Okay I know it was a mistake and I apologize. Right now I am doing my own and I will post it on here in a Galade pose.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I've got a couple hues in mind for the shiny color. But I'm going to wait until I finish these last two sprites till I do them.

Frostbite
Category: Special
Type: Ice
Power: 120
Accuracy: 50%
Power Points: 5
Effect: Freezes the foe, 100%
Target: Selected
Sound: No
Brightpowder: No
King's Rock: Yes
Physical Contact: No
Speed Priority: 0

Description: Unleashes a sub-zero blast to Freeze the foe.

Zap Cannon is fine, Dynamicpunch is fine, 120 BP move with 100% chance to freeze and an effective 65% acc, with Ice STAB, broken as hell.

I have a great idea for a signature move:

Freeze Frame
Status
30 accuracy
5 PP

Freezes and Traps the opponent. It should know Mind Reader too. Then it can totally set up while the opponent is inactive for 5 turns.

@sanjay120: How is an Ice-Type move that only hits 1/2 of the time and freezes automatically any less cheap than a move that can hit all of the time and automatically causes Confusion? I can lower the power to 100.

And the Accuracy w/Compoundeyes for Freeze Frame is 39%.

if freeze frame every got off, you could jus switch out and set up a devastating move. wayyy to fucking broken. especially with compound eyes.
BTW, i have an idea for a nerfed frost bite with a different name.

Ice Breaker
physical
90 BP
90% ACC.
effect:if the opponets pokemon is the opposite gender, the opponet becomes infatuated with love.
10% freeze chance

in other words, it is an ice move that does damage with attract added in. only our pokemon can learn it.
BTW, when will we figure out the name?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Freeze Frame sounds cool. What's the acc with Compoundeyes?
30 x 1.3 = 39% accuracy.

dark-war-cloud: Errm... You know that Hypnosis does the same damn thing, right? Except if has more accuracy.

Yes, I know Sleep and Freeze work differently, but when the pokémon is statused, they're pretty much the same, as they allow the "statuser" (?) to switch out and "set up a devastating move".

i second that about the freeze.
freeze doesn't let you do anything, you can sometimes get past confusion and if you switch out confusion goes away.

KoA

is an Artist
We don't need any more special Ice moves. Blizzard and Ice beam are more than enough.

Here is my version:

Took like an hour but it horribly sucks. But what the hell I posted it to show I did a scratch.

You just like Ice Breaker because it's Physical and you're biased, you know you are!
OK not really.
Freeze was made a little bit less strong in RSE, but I suppose you have a point.
Make the Freeze chance 50% then? And, of course, lower the Base Power to 100.
But it kind of ruins the sort of attack it's supposed to be.

Quoting myself because no one said anything about it :(
Ice version of SE?

Ice Pick
100 BP
80% Accuracy
Effect
Has a high chance of a critical hit.
In-game Text
The user stabs the foe with a sharpened icicle. It has a high critical-hit ratio.

It could pretty easily slide a sharpened icicle from its hand holes.

Or a cool support move, even though its getting no love:

Larvae Drop
80% Accuracy
Effect
Drop Eggs on Enemy Pokemon. Eggs hatch after 1 turn. Drains HP and Returns to User every turn. 15% HP drained each turn.
In-Game Text
User Lays eggs in Enemy Pokemon, Eggs Hatch and larvae returns back forth restoring Users HP.

Both Male and Female could use it. Males hold the eggs, like Male Seahorses. Females can produce eggs and thus possibly have higher PP or something.

Protect
Toxic
Larvae Drop
U-Turn

with an umbreon trap-passing might be pretty elite and give this thing some variable.

KoA

is an Artist
Ice Pick seems plausible, I don't like the second one too much though.

Ugh, it's so depressingly OU and overbearing now. It's a pity JSC lost out, and thank god SoyMonk's design didn't win and make the whole thing even more 12-year-boy-military-bred-monster-daydreamish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)