CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 9

What will be the type of our custom move?

• Physical

Votes: 105 58.0%
  • Special

Votes: 39 21.5%
  • Support

Votes: 37 20.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, here are the names I'm going to post (tentative list). I'm not doing more than 10, because that typing poll was dumb:

Aufylus - Sunday or Hyra (a collaborative effort?)
Dorylus - See above
Syclant - Lawman
Apocritz - Zenigame
Vishicle - Tsukikage
Eiskungia - sanjay120

Again, the list is tentative. Don't start a hissy fit because I didn't put your name down, I'm just going off of what people supported or I found personally appealing. I want to get some feedback before I start the next poll.

hm...

Poll comes up tomorrow morning, or Monday morning?

and wow, we really spammed this thread up.

(Sorry for lack of actual info, but I'm ready to vote again.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I believe Cy also drew up preevo designs as well, and it looks much like a grub.

hm...

Poll comes up tomorrow morning, or Monday morning?

and wow, we really spammed this thread up.
Tomorrow morning at some point. I'd do it tonight, but I'm ready to get off smogon and read some Death Note (not as action-packed as Bleach, but just as exciting!).

And most of that spam was me.

KoA

is an Artist
Well, about 75% done now. Should be finished in another hour with the back sprite.

Syclant is going to be scweet.

(I'm just using my name until we officially choose one =3)

EDIT: Oooo, idea! Perhaps when this is done we can get AragornBird to draw one like he did with other pokemon in his "Pokemon Factory"?

Syclant is going to be scweet.

(I'm just using my name until we officially choose one =3)

EDIT: Oooo, idea! Perhaps when this is done we can get AragornBird to draw one like he did with other pokemon in his "Pokemon Factory"?
Naw, I think that decision should be left to Cyzir.

Cooper, by spam I meant stuff like the dex entry and names, which are completely unrelated to movepool (the point of the poll).

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Aufylus - Sunday or Hyra (a collaborative effort?)
yes, collaborative.

Also Cooper, when you make the poll in your post could you make sure you have all of the explanations of each name. You can't guess most of them by looking.

Dorylus - See above
Lol wut? Dorylus is the genus ants belong to, not a name suggestion xD

KoA

is an Artist
Ok, I finally finished the back sprite, bringing this trilogy to a close for me. :(

I might dabble with shiny hues, as well as male/female differences.

Sunday

Ok, I finally finished the back sprite, bringing this trilogy to a close for me. :(

I might dabble with shiny hues, as well as male/female differences.
Some possible male/female differences you could use:

Wing Hue
Dark band over eyes enlarged
Colour of dots on wings
Abdomen size

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
All right, I've improved my primary sprites. I slimmed the abdomen of the main design and gave it longer icicle wings. I've actually started work on the secondary sprites, but I've gotten a bit of an artist's block, so I decided to instead do the male and female differences. The female has a smaller horn, a larger abdomen, and plainer wings.

____Male_____Female

I'll have the secondary sprites in a few days, probably along with the back sprites. Unfortunately, I'll have to ask one of you guys to animate it, because the only .gif making tool I have sucks. :P

Also, damn KOA, you sure work fast.

KoA

is an Artist
Cy, I have no life and I've been doing these things nonstop for the past few days. :(

Alas, this is my final hurrah as I display the final fruits of my labor. I've not only spruced up the sprites, I've also added male/female sprites as well as my version of the shiny form.

Top row are the male intro poses, second row are the female intro poses, and bottom contains the back poses; with the male being the ones on the right.

And just because it's cool:

lol, it never gets old.

Sunday

Stunning KoA, simply stunnning. The female one is the one with the Blue eye like things on it's head isn't it? It seems like the blue bits have come off it's wings and got stuck onto it's face XD. Not that that's a bad thing in any way.

Cyzir, I could have a go at animating it if you wish, but I can't do it until tomorow as it's a bit late now and I don't really want to start anything new.

EDIT: Just saw you didn't yet have the second sprite done. In that case I'll be happy to offer to do it.

I just thought of this, it may be too late, but: We should give him Avalanche, maybe. If im remembering correctly, Avalanche ALWAYS goes last, so it would be a pretty good move. My two cents.

why use a move to make him go last and waste his speed? its like he would have it, but nobody is going to use it =/. he can get just about the same amount of damage from other stabbed moves.

oh and thats just about the only pokemon i would hunt for as a shiny... other than dusknoir and haunter..

so, your saying avalanche should be its signature move?
an ant is going to cause an avalanche?
i would hink ice shard would be its signature move even though it would be used very seldom. i mean c'mon, he is holding a freaking ice shard!

Maybe a Bug/Ice Hyper Beam/Giga Impact. No one would use it, but jsut for a signature move like Rhyperior with Rock Wrecker? Just an idea, but a waste of this poll xD

Amazing sprites KoA.

No i wasn't saying Avalanche should be his Signiture move. i was suggesting adding it into the set, since the signiture move is basically going to be a Physical move and basically every move posted was too broken or too powerful. I agree, if anything would be his already-existing, signiture move it would be Ice Shard. I was just suggesting another move add-on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)