Smogon's First Pokémon TCG Tournament - misdreavus wins!

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
we have agreed to a no-riptide finals

this means instead of out-gaying one another with feraligatr we will only have the power of cleffa with which to piss off our opponent

god help us all

I won 2-0. Good game, SDS! I wish the first game had lasted longer, because I'd really like to have seen how that deck did, seeing as how it was very close to mine but had an extra evolution line that would definitely have made things interesting.

Congrats, Misdreavus!

Use this thread now to congratulate the winner and to discuss the metagame of the next tournament. It was a bit sad that I had to sub and bye so many people, but I'm pretty sure they were all because of unforeseen things, so...

First option is Base/Jungle/Fossil. Optional changes are adding the Team Rocket set, and/or banning some or all currently dominant cards (many of the trainers, the powerful 70 hp basics, Wigglytuff and maybe Blastoise). I can see the last option being fun and a bit more diverse than usual, and even have some deck ideas, but I can perfectly understand if you prefer playing "broken mode".

Second option is the EX series, with either Deoxys-on or the whole thing. I know Zy likes this.

Third option is, of course, DP series, either MD-on or the whole thing.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd like to see one last hurrah to the DP-On metagame before Modified waltzes in and fucks it all up. Claydol, Togekiss, Black Tar, really all the awesome shit that's going to go away once Modified comes in and wipes out the first 4 sets.

@Misdreavus: The third evo line there was Dark Vileplume. The big draw there is that a successful Mean Look on Cleffa + Dark Vileplume is 100% lockdown. No retreat, no trainers, no attacking. Just me pecking away at your bench while you stare at it. If I hadn't drawn so fucking dead, I'd have probably had a good chance of getting it off. I had 4x Erika, 4x Mary, 4x Elm, 4x Pokemon March, 4x Master Ball, etc, and yet I drew jack shit in terms of drawing trainers. Sucks to be me.

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well done Misdreavus, a very well earned position considering the skill of the people you defeated!

I wouldn't mind full DP either, if that's what everyone else wants, since as a lot of people know by now, I have a fresh new deck that's absolutely wreckin'

Thanks a lot, everyone! I really appreciate the congratulations. Let me give big props to my opponents: Accent, Mekkah, KnightoftheWind, and Seven Deadly Sins. You all were very worthy opponents and I really enjoyed getting to talk with you and playing some great games!

Personally, I really enjoyed going back to a "retro" metagame since I've been playing DP-on for the last few years, but I would be up for any format.

@Seven Deadly Sins: Yeah, I saw that you played Dark Vileplume, but didn't want to reveal it in case you wanted to keep your deck private. I figured that's what it was for; my deck can do something similar with Chaos Gym, but it's obviously not an unbreakable lock like Dark Vileplume establishes. I did get your Cleffa trapped with Mean Look in our second game with Chaos Gym out, but since my deck was low on cards, I figured the play would be to retreat Murkrow and try to take my last few prizes quickly rather than doing 20 a turn (and that's only when I get heads on the baby flip for Feint Attack).

@Amelia: I'm guessing you played Donphan?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)