Smogon's First Pokémon TCG Tournament: NeoTRGym - Sign-Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Smogon's very first of hopefully many Pokémon TCG tournaments! This tournament serves as a promotional event of sorts, to get people into the TCG.

I don't know what this tournament's exact size will end up being, we'll see how interest goes. Please, whether you are a pro player or a mere beginner, read the rules and sign up! The more the merrier!

However, before you join, you absolutely need:

1. Redshark, the simulator we will be using.
2. Hamachi, a tool you need to connect to other players over the internet.

Elaborate instructions on the technical side of things come with Redshark in the form of a great Help file. If you need help getting things to work, testing them out, etc, join us in #warau on synIRC!

Now, the tournament rules. We will be playing in the format I like the most, called NeoTRGym, or sometimes "Modified" though it may not be 100% true to the real tournament rules of Modified, not even back in that day. The only legal cards are from the following sets as listed on PokeBeach:

Classic - Team Rocket
Gym - Gym Challenge
Gym - Gym Heroes
Neo - Neo Genesis
Neo - Neo Discovery
Neo - Neo Relevation
Neo - Neo Destiny

Sneasel (Neo Genesis) is banned, due to its insane speed and power.
Slowking (Neo Genesis) is "fixed" through errata, since the English version is broken, and mistranslated. The Pokémon Power Mind Games should be treated as following: If Slowking is your Active Pokémon, whenever your opponent plays a Trainer Card, you may flip a coin. If heads, that card does nothing. Put it on top of your opponent's deck. This power can't be used if Slowking is Asleep, Confused or Paralyzed. In other words, Slowking has to be Active for its power to work, so no more stacking them.

This tournament will be Single Elimination. Due to the large luck factor (hello Breeder Fields, Babies and Focus Band), the matches will be played out in Best out of Three. You do not need to play the third match if one player wins the first two. You're allowed to change decks as often as you wish between games and rounds.

Due to the way the simulator works, we rely a lot on the honesty and goodwill of all players involved. Please do not abuse this reliance. Be a good sport when solving problems and disputes, contact me if needed. We will use the Compendium when in doubt about a card's rulings.

Here's to a great tournament, and many to come!

Player List:
1. Mekkah
2. gmax
3. Raverist
4. Amelia
5. Accent
6. Lightwolf
7. Zystral
8. Deck Knight
9. LonelyNess
10. Chris is me
11. KnightoftheWind
12. the pugilist
13. DaLetterEl
14. Death Incarnate
15. Heysup
16. Colonel M

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i object to your "consensus" among players about the neotrgym metagame, DP ON is just fine
regardless i will enter and appear out of nowhere with a completely broken deck just like last time

Unfortunately I can't join because of long absences during the holiday but maybe the next one :/
I re-learned Yugioh for a Yugioh tournament, became addicted and had a blast for a month. I'll hope to have fun doing the same for Pokemon TCG. Nostalgia is amazing xD

but yeah, sadly I can't join this either, ha :( good luck to all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)