Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament II - Cycle 2 Signups [read post #409 and #433]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go again.

Today I've received a PM from someone showing me this screen:

It is very obvious what happened here: Aurious disconnected (or forfeited on purpose, but that can't be proven) from the battle and his opponent, Zamrock, immediatly turned on modjoin so Aurious couldn't get back in the game even if he wanted to. Technically, he could have joined again, but he'd need a direct link to the battle, which can't be retrieved easily since the room is now hidden. Congrats on exploiting a loophole in the system!

I've noticed other people doing it and let me tell you right now: this is a clear case of unsportmanlike conduct.

From now on, if it's found that someone did this in one of his battle, the person will be infracted on the forum and could possibly be disqualified for the cycle he's playing in, and more.

If you made the room private before your opponent disconnected, it's advised that you turn off hiddenroom or modjoin to let him join the game back.

Just so you know, Jirachee and I have access to the history of commands you have used in your battle, so try doing it behind our backs at your own risk ;)
And this is why Minors like zamrock don't deserve power?

Ragnarock

Banned deucer.
I'm just gonna say this once, I don't know WHY I did that KNOWINGLY that I could have gotten caught. Guess the ladder got frustrating and I just snapped, which does happen to a few players when laddering. This isn't an excuse though, and if people wanna claim I lost "honor" from doing such things, believe what you wish. It was kind of low to do such actions but nothing I can do about it now to change it back. Just gonna be happy the TDs didn't decide to ban me completely from the tour environment which I am thankful for. I'll accept any consequence that comes my way for the wrong doings. I'm not asking for forgiveness, just proposing an apology to Aurious. I'll carry on with my laddering.

I'm just gonna say this once, I don't know WHY I did that KNOWINGLY that I could have gotten caught. Guess the ladder got frustrating and I just snapped, which does happen to a few players when laddering. This isn't an excuse though, and if people wanna claim I lost "honor" from doing such things, believe what you wish. It was kind of low to do such actions but nothing I can do about it now to change it back. Just gonna be happy the TDs didn't decide to ban me completely from the tour environment which I am thankful for. I'll accept any consequence that comes my way for the wrong doings. I'm not asking for forgiveness, just proposing an apology to Aurious. I'll carry on with my laddering.

''You don't know WHY you did it knowingly that ''YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN CAUGHT'' wonder how much times you pulled one of these till you did get caught.

You have full stall and still modjoined the game for one win don't reply at all
don't fucking tell someone who apologized publicly for what they did to kill themselves. hell, just be a decent person and don't tell anyone to kill themselves in general.

the guy made a mistake, he apologized for it, and he obviously regrets it. when someone apologizes, you forgive them, and you forget about it. of course he shouldn't have done it in the first place, but he did. he can't go back and change that, but the next best thing is apologizing for it. i'm not saying he's the victim here... i'm just saying that if someone apologizes, just forgive and forget :/

Reverb

World's nicest narcissist
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Here we go again.

Today I've received a PM from someone showing me this screen:

It is very obvious what happened here: Aurious disconnected (or forfeited on purpose, but that can't be proven) from the battle and his opponent, Zamrock, immediatly turned on modjoin so Aurious couldn't get back in the game even if he wanted to. Technically, he could have joined again, but he'd need a direct link to the battle, which can't be retrieved easily since the room is now hidden. Congrats on exploiting a loophole in the system!

I've noticed other people doing it and let me tell you right now: this is a clear case of unsportmanlike conduct.

From now on, if it's found that someone did this in one of his battle, the person will be infracted on the forum and could possibly be disqualified for the cycle he's playing in, and more.

If you made the room private before your opponent disconnected, it's advised that you turn off hiddenroom or modjoin to let him join the game back.

Just so you know, Jirachee and I have access to the history of commands you have used in your battle, so try doing it behind our backs at your own risk ;)
It's also against global PS rules.

FlamingVictini

FV - msg on discord FlamingVictini#3784
is a Top Tiering Contributorwon the 16th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
There seems to be a problem with the ladder in terms of updating ELO and W/L, while it also is having troubles with the finding of opponents. Im sure other people know of this and some will know more about the issues than I will, but considering that both Jirachee and McMeghan are offline atm I figured I might as well leave a post expressing my concerns over this so that we can get some sort of response from you guys about the issue earlier (assuming that the PS! Staff do not resolve the issue before this).

I have won 2 battles and I didn't receive points. I know it sounds dumb but those battles would have mean that I have 22 points more ( more or less. One was againts a guy who had like 1720 ELO and another one against a guy who was on the 1500s ) These points can mean a lot at the end , and more for europeans. I have to play now if I want to get points because the cycle ends at 4 am here in Spain and the ladder isn't working :/ ...

Last edited:

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Due to the ladder glitching right now, it is best to NOT play until it is fixed.
We might postpone this cycle's deadline if the ladder doesn't get fixed in due time today.

Forum name: thomas9779
Cycle 2 Alts: LT2A thomas9779, LT2B thomas9779, LT2X thomas9779
Do my alts for Cycle 2 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules? Yes.

Forum Name: Touymato
Cycle 2 alts: LT2A Touymato, LT2B Touymato, LT2X Touymato
Do my alts for Cycle 2 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules? Yes.

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard
Bros McMeghan and Jirachee you should really bump to 12am for the ladder inconvenience man. The f*ckboyism took place during the peak of primetime laddering hours.

Surely we deserve that much compensation at the very least.

Last edited:
Reactions: ima

Huei

Banned deucer.
Forum name:Huei
Cycle 2 Alts: LT2A Huei , LT2B Huei, LT2C Huei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)