Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament II - Playoffs Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
what was the point of posting that replay? i'm sure everyone in this thread is familiar w/ tele's antics at this point, and he's actually a nice guy when the whole community isn't publicly jumping on his ass (seeing as you were also mocked and taunted for a long time by the same community, i don't think you'd want to wish that on other people, deserved or not). what i see is you complaining about his luck and criticizing his plays during various points throughout the match, until he finally said something 150 turns into the match.

does tele say some dumb stuff? of course, but we all do. shit, kanye says some stupid ish but people like him 'cuz he has an expressive personality, and at the end of the day, he's not terrible at what he does. perhaps comparing tele to kanye is a stretch, but just give the kid a break. even if you're upset at his behaviour the worst thing you can do is give him the attention he's looking for.

Last edited:
what was the point of posting that replay? i'm sure everyone in this thread is familiar w/ tele's antics at this point, and he's actually a nice guy when the whole community isn't publicly jumping on his ass (seeing as you were also mocked and taunted for a long time by the same community, i don't think you'd want to wish that on other people, deserved or not). what i see is you complaining about his luck and criticizing his plays during various points throughout the match, until he finally said something 150 turns into the match.

does tele say some dumb stuff? of course, but we all do. shit, kanye says some stupid ish but people like him 'cuz he has an expressive personality, and at the end of the day, he's not terrible at what he does. perhaps comparing tele to kanye is a stretch, but just give the kid a break. even if you're upset at his behaviour the worst thing you can do is give him the attention he's looking for.
  1. LOL. Comparing me 2 years ago to Tele is a stretch. I was much closer to a Zamrock :( But if you actually watched the battle you would know he was attacking people other than me until 150 turns into the match. Eg: Turn 66 Don't make Tele the victim man.
  2. Tom I did not attack Tele in that game, I just complained about how lucky he was, that did nothing to initiate his reaction. Also wtf is your second part about, can I have what ur smoking.
  3. I posted that replay because it defines both how Tele acts and plays.

Putting aside the fact that the current Smogon Tour top 16 is unbelievably underwhelming. I find it somewhat understandable that many players have made a name for themselves by benefiting from a terrible tier that heavily relies on match up. Tele is one of those players. I have accepted that as long as oras exist, people like tele, subpar players may go far in tournaments. It's too bad that although ORAS can cover these players lack of skill, it can't cover the other areas they lack in.

Basically what Tele did is what any crappy ladder player would say after he haxes someone. When they get haxed they say ''fuck u'' and leave the battle. Go ahead and Ladder you'll see many of these players and this line of players existed in Shoddy as well, but no one heard of them because they were never exposed to the public from going far in official tournaments. People just knew them as ''That guy who uses gliscor pass and exists in the top 50''.

Really a shame what this game has come to. It's not fun to play and unfortunately the community isn't as good as it used to be. I know in the past I have found the game boring but at least I enjoyed being on irc and talking to people on skype. Now i can't stand even doing that and that's mainly due to the fact a lot of the players that know how to play pokemon stopped playing because this tier has been unfair to them and gave a name to pathetic people like tele.

I have nothing against tele and I've seen people be dicks in the past when they've haxed someone. It was mainly with one liners or one word like ''LOL'' or ''Wrecked''. But 20 lines of ''We in dis mom'' ''Math is great''

lmao dafuq

Last edited:

Career Ended

Whatever happens, happens
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris the defending Other Metas Circuit Champion
  1. LOL. Comparing me 2 years ago to Tele is a stretch. I was much closer to a Zamrock :( But if you actually watched the battle you would know he was attacking people other than me until 150 turns into the match. Eg: Turn 66 Don't make Tele the victim man.
  2. Tom I did not attack Tele in that game, I just complained about how lucky he was, that did nothing to initiate his reaction. Also wtf is your second part about, can I have what ur smoking.
  3. I posted that replay because it defines both how Tele acts and plays.
I agree with what laurel is saying, i posted something similar to this in QDB a couples weeks back. It was basically me haxing tele and him overreacting during cycle 2. Im a random and actual good people liked that post. also njnp <3

Also this tournament is shaping up to be quite the drama :)

As someone that is completely neutral in this: honestly give Tele a break. Yes, the comments about cteaming and VoD were completely delusional (and entertaining) but before that he had already sat through an endless shitshow that would have literally pissed all of us off, or at least myself given that I can't speak for everyone.

Plus:
★Cosine180: you can always forfeit
★Cosine180: if you want

This was before Tele's monologue(!). Up to that point, tele mainly showed frustration about the continuous disconnecting (completely justified), as the turn before this literally took another 5 minutes of cosine's clef just sitting there while Tele could literally not do anything about it because the mods figuratively would have waited until this morning until Cosine came back. Being Cosine, if you then taunt like this while literally everyone is doing everything they can to have you finish this game even though you have internet troubles, including your opponent sitting through all of that shit, you deserve to get fucking haxed to shit imo. Good for fucking you.

Otherwise I'm completely with Mimolette on this, say what you want, but it was entertaining as hell and I'd rather watch this than 2 people bring stall RMT's on another server any day of the week.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Surprised no one brought it up but why wasn't the timer switched off in Cosine Tele g2? That was as obvious a disconnect as anyone's ever seen and if a replay was the consequence anyway, what reason was there to not turn the timer off? It's cool that games can be exactly recreated but like it was so much unnecessary time wasting lol

xray

how u doin'?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
i am not sure if We Are All We Need is srs.. if not ....-_- :D
how does anyone deserve to get haxed?!

(I think we just saw tele playing and preparing obvious and bad in most parts and cosine not playing perfect or anything but playing better and preparing better so i think your comment here is really dumb and unfair vs cosine (who does not even complain about his loss or teles million provocations or anything lol --> i would explode after that))

Last edited:
i am not sure if We Are All We Need is srs.. if not ....-_- :D
how does anyone deserve to get haxed?!

(I think we just saw tele playing and preparing obvious and bad in most parts and cosine not playing perfect or anything but playing better and preparing better so i think your comment here is really dumb and unfair vs cosine (who does not even complain about his loss or teles million provocations or anything lol --> i would explode after that))
Nothing I said denied that Cosine prepared better or played better. How you even understood that out of my comment is beyond me. My point was: Cosine acted like a bit of a dick on the personal front while tele was mostly mad about the situation (up to that point, and that was completely understandable). I don't defend anything that tele said after either. Saying the hax was deserved may have gone a little too far, but hey, it sure made it more interesting. e: I regret the tone of which i said that with but there was a little but of frustration bec of seeing everyone cheaply hopping on the smack tele train. Nothing personal vs. Consine, he's good (a lot better than myself given that I just got into competitive anyway).

Last edited:

Tele

a quality human being
Maybe for a bunch of you there was nothing to learn from this game 2 (as you are already all very experienced players and you all might think this game 2 was not high level) but for me as someone who is still trying to improve, I like how Tele brought his manaphy from almost mid life (around 60%) to 100% late game by making plays and doubles, trying maybe to make his manaphy able to survive a zone tbolt in an eventual clutch final turn (maybe I'm overthinking it):

252 SpA Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Manaphy: 294-348 (86.2 - 102%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO.
ill be honest i didnt think in such a long term. Bringing manaphy back to full was key, becos i needed to be able to take +2 earthquake from gliscor and threaten it out with ice beam preventing it from setting up. cosines passive plays helped me to achieve.
In fact, i think it is incorrect to say that hax played the biggest role. cosine lost it in many ways. he could have done a much better job pressuring me with gliscor since all i could have done was going to manaphy and take free knock offs or earthquakes everytime, instead he kept going to his calm mind clefable and didnt achieve anything. towards the end of the game i was also running out of roosts on my latios, (i think at a given point i only had 1 left) and instead of going to hippo and spam stone edge against a spatk dropped lati he risked his win condition.
i wanna say i never found myself in such an unconfortable position in a tournament game (probably not even in a ladder game) where i had to win, and im proud of how ive been able to stay mentally focused on the game although everything was against me. i think this game is comparable to g2 of my series against bloo/luigi from last year

Yea I too enjoy having 90 second turns where tele uses recovery moves repeatedly and then gets bailed out by his poor team choice with critical hits.
i thought better of u chimp

If you want an accurate description of Tele feel free to watch this battle: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-270647806
You can watch the sequence up to turn 150 from about 135.

Go Cosine.

tl;dr Turn 150: Tele tells me to "eat dicks" after being thoroughly outplayed and having to hax his way to victory.
gotta adress this real fast.
first off, u call me out here for no reason (likes i guess) and u say im one of the biggest shitposters on this site. i didnt even reply becos of the low opinion i have of you. you called me out several times during last year olt too (here and here) but once again i did not respond. what were u expecting me to tell you after 150 turns of you complaining about how lucky ive been during that game? (which is far from being true, considering i only needed 1 scaldburn on your heidreigon to win the game and i went 0/ 4)
i know for sure u will reply to this becos saying stuff like 'tele is always a dick look at what he said in this replay dating october 2013 ahah" is a good way to get likes, but i wont reply anymore

anyway, im humble enough to recognise that cosine has a better grasp than me over oras ou atm, probably becos i havent played the game very much lately (except the qualifying phase where i could easily qualify thanks to my superior ladder skills). this being sad, im confident that my ability to win unwinnable matchups (like i showed last year too) will prevail once again
ill be on smogtours at around 22 pm my time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)