Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament III - Round 2 (Loser brackets)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tele

a quality human being
only mistake i made this night was accepting to play at un unfavourable time and letting myself getting tricked in this situation where eventually the fatigue got the best of me. i promise to my fans that ill do my best to avoid such a mistake in the future

ill now be rooting for my 2 brothers updated kanto and empo and i wish them to follow the footsteps of my other brother OLT 2 winner, abr-shake slayer Alexander

telegend never dies

The forums don't support upload of the filetype that the replays are saved as (.html) so I decided to zip it. The file is surprisingly only a 822kb and is small enough to be uploaded otherwise.
Each turn is approximately 300 characters, give or take. There were 1287 turns, and each character takes up 8 bits. (8 * 300 * 1287) bits = ~386.1 kilobytes.

Might seem like the replay is unnecessarily bloated...and it is. The replay file still stores the data of people who joined and left the room, but hides it due to some flag, probably. Depending on how long ABR or tele decided to timer stall, between 2-20 people were joining or leaving nearly every turn. If you look at the page source, you'll see me join at turn 674, which also explains why timer text only appears after that point.

Tele

a quality human being
I also wanna say that most of the battle was abr having the upper hand and making unecessary, obsessive, repetitive switches whose only intent was to make the battle last as long as possible so that i would have been obliged to stay up pretty much all night. Without those, the match itself wouldnt have lasted more than 2 hrs and probably not even 400 turns. Not only it was a display of unsportmanlike conduct that ive never seen here on smogon, but it was also quite pathetic considering that the stakes werent even too high for that game. I suppose the game drew so much interest because of the fact that one of the players, myself, is in fact one of the best players of this generation and will be forever considered as such, even after some mediocre showings as it was the case during the last period.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Each turn is approximately 300 characters, give or take. There were 1287 turns, and each character takes up 8 bits. (8 * 300 * 1287) bits = ~386.1 kilobytes.

Might seem like the replay is unnecessarily bloated...and it is. The replay file still stores the data of people who joined and left the room, but hides it due to some flag, probably. Depending on how long ABR or tele decided to timer stall, between 2-20 people were joining or leaving nearly every turn. If you look at the page source, you'll see me join at turn 674, which also explains why timer text only appears after that point.
The join/leave stuff is probably less than 100 KB; it really doesn't matter. Out of the 800 KB, around 300 KB was the data for the replay video, and the the other 500 is a text log of what happened, so you can still see what's going on even if you don't have an internet connection (the replay player itself is downloaded over the internet so it isn't part of the 800 KB).

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I also wanna say that most of the battle was abr having the upper hand and making unecessary, obsessive, repetitive switches whose only intent was to make the battle last as long as possible so that i would have been obliged to stay up pretty much all night. Without those, the match itself wouldnt have lasted more than 2 hrs and probably not even 400 turns. Not only it was a display of unsportmanlike conduct that ive never seen here on smogon, but it was also quite pathetic considering that the stakes werent even too high for that game. I suppose the game drew so much interest because of the fact that one of the players, myself, is in fact one of the best players of this generation and will be forever considered as such, even after some mediocre showings as it was the case during the last period.
one of the best oras players wouldn't have lost game 1, js

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)