Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament IV - Cycle 3 Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Welcome to Cycle 3 of Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament. Please make sure to read the rules of the tournament carefully; there has been some format changes you have to be aware of. If your sign-up post does not follow the rules explained below, it will be deleted. This Cycle will run for 8 days and will end around Thursday, August 24th at 09:00 GMT+0.

Here are the specifics:

1. The host of this tournament is Quite Quiet. We will be using the regular Pokemon Showdown SM OU ladder for this tournament, not a new one. This will ensure maximum activity and competition.

2. The qualification period for the OLT will run for a total of 4 cycles with 8 days per cycles. After each 8 day cycle, the top 8 accounts that appear on the leaderboard (using ELO) at the end of the cycle with the sign-up criteria explained in #3 below will qualify for the playoffs of the OLT. Playoffs will be a best of three, seeded double elimination tournament. Playoffs will be seeded based on the first ELO you qualified with. Tiebreaks when two players have equal ELO will be done with their W-L ratio. If you reset your W-L at any point after laddering, you will lose this tiebreak. The ladder is not reset after each cycle, only alts are (meaning you create new alts after each cycle).

We are currently in CYCLE 3, which means that after 8 days [ending on Thursday, August 24th at 09:00 GMT+0], the top 8 accounts that signed up for this tournament following the proper sign-up criteria explained in #3 below will be qualified for the eventual playoffs of the OLT.

3. In order to sign-up for the OLT, FOLLOW THE SIGN-UP FORMAT BELOW AND REGISTER YOUR FRESHLY MADE ALT(S) ON POKEMON SHOWDOWN USING THE FORMAT BELOW:

[LT43#] ForumNameHere - the "#" denotes a letter of your choosing, and "ForumNameHere" obviously denotes your forum name. You are allowed up to 3 alts total for this cycle, each of which must follow the aforementioned format.

Here's an example sign-up post for you all to follow:

Forum name: John
Cycle 3 Alts: LT43T John, LT43M John, LT43G John
Do my alts for Cycle 3 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: si si
YOU MUST SIGN UP WITH YOUR FRESHLY MADE ALT BEFORE STARTING BATTLES WITH IT. Your alt must be registered on the day of sign-ups or onwards to prevent people from registering an account beforehand and laddering with it to gain and unfair advantage. It's very easy to check when an account was registered and we will be checking to make sure people comply. You will be allowed to include 2 to 3 alts in your sign-up for each cycle. You will not be allowed to edit these alts after you include them in your initial sign-up for any given cycle. By the way, make sure to register your LT alt on Pokemon ShowDown!. We've had to deal with people who got their account registered by someone else because they were unprotected. It is advised that you once you sign up here, you immediatly register the accounts on PS afterwards.

4. Once you make the top 8 and qualify (this does not mean making the top 8 at any given point during the cycle, it means being in the top 8 at the end of the cycle), you’re qualified for playoffs. You are free to ladder any other week you wish. However, making the top 8 more than once won’t give a player anything other than personal satisfaction and bragging rights. If a person qualifies again during a week after their initial qualification, the newly qualified account will be skipped and the next unqualified account will be selected from the leaderboard to participate in the tournament.

5. To quote Aldaron here, the intent of the project this time is increase ladder activity and quality. If we set up set time periods that were always Monday - Sunday, we estimated we would primarily see activity boosts at the end. By shifting, we hope it, even on a minor level, helps spread activity which in turn translates to a more spread increase in activity, as opposed to just on the weekends.

6. In the case of one person having more than one account in the top during any given cycle, their highest ranked account will be the one to qualify and the duplicates will be skipped. Let's say one person in the top holds positions #1, #2 and #3 on the ladder during cycle 1 with the alts he signed-up with. In this scenario, #1 will be the only account of theirs to qualify and #2 and #3 will be skipped over because they are the same person as #1. In this same scenario, position #4 on the ladder will be the second qualifier of the cycle and so on.

7. Given that this is a ladder tournament, many of you are likely thinking there are ways people can cheat the system. We are aware of these issues and have been working with Zarel to monitor and patrol instances of cheating. Any person found cheating will be subject to strict punishments.
To add onto that: if we have a reason to believe you forfeited a game to boost a friend's account, you will be sanctionned.

Good luck to everyone! Again, this is Cycle 3 of Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament. Please make sure to read the rules of the tournament carefully. If your sign-up post does not follow the rules explained above, it will be deleted. This Cycle will run for 8 days and will end on Thursday, August 24th at 09:00 GMT+0.

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Cycle 2 Top 8

Rank #1: stfu its a cartoon
Qualified Cycle # Name: LT42Z c4rt0on
ELO: 2122
GXE: 85.7
Total Games: 187 | Wins: 127 | Losses: 60
W/L Ratio: 67.91%

Rank #2: reyscarface
Qualified Cycle # Name: LT42A reyscarface
ELO: 2112
GXE: 91.2
Total Games: Reset

Rank #3: meepsvictory
Qualified Cycle # Name: LT42B meeps
ELO: 2109
GXE: 87.8
Total Games: 173 | Wins: 127 | Losses: 46
W/L Ratio: 73.41%

Rank #4: Shoka
Qualified Cycle # Name: LT42A Shoka
ELO: 2109
GXE: 87.1
Total Games: 218 | Wins: 146 | Losses: 65
W/L Ratio: 66.97%

Rank #5: blunder
Qualified Cycle # Name: LT42Y blunder
ELO: 2107
GXE: 90.1
Total Games: 139 | Wins: 96 | Losses: 35
W/L Ratio: 69.06%

Rank #6: Liones
Qualified Cycle # Name: LT42B Liones
ELO: 2106
GXE: 86.5
Total Games: 207 | Wins: 137 | Losses: 70
W/L Ratio: 66.18%

Rank #7: Kickasser
Qualified Cycle # Name: LT42S kickasser
ELO: 2099
GXE: 84.8
Total Games: Reset

Rank #8: Updated Kanto
Qualified Cycle # Name: LT42O Kanto
ELO: 2098
GXE: 85.3
Total Games: 160 | Wins: 108 | Losses: 51
W/L Ratio: 67.5%

Note: Zuchtrest got disqualified for registering the alts and laddering before signing up for the previous cycle.

Forum name: Za Meowdo
Cycle 1 Alts: LT43A Za Meowdo, LT43B Za Meowdo, LT43C Za Meowdo
Do my alts for Cycle 2 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: ye

Forum name: Energy
Cycle 1 Alts: LT43A Energy, LT43B Energy, LT43C Energy
Do my alts for Cycle 3 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: Yes

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
is a Community Contributor
Forum name: Nuxl
Cycle 1 Alts: LT43W Nuxl, LT43L Nuxl, LT43X Nuxl
Do my alts for Cycle 3 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: yes

Samqian

I COULD BE BANNED!
is a Past WCoP Champion
Forum name: Samqian
Cycle 1 Alts: LT43A Sam, LT43B San, LT43C Sam
Do my alts for Cycle 3 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: Yes

Forum name: FY2.0/Eko
Cycle 1 Alts: lt43a eko, lt43t eko, lt43z eko
Do my alts for Cycle 3 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: ye

Forum name: Vore Gidal
Cycle 3 Alts: LT43A VG, LT43B VG
Do my alts for Cycle 3 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: ye

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
Forum name: sabella
Cycle 1 Alts: LT43S Sabaella, LT43S SAB, LT43A Sabae
Do my alts for Cycle 2 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: ye

Forum Name: TheCyber$age
Cycle 3 Alts: LT43A TC$ LT43A Cyber LT43X TC$
Do my alts for Cycle 3 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: yes

Forum name: XxKidofDeathxX
Cycle 1 Alts: LT43X KoD, LT43V KoD, LT43A KoD
Do my alts for Cycle 3 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?:Yes

Hayburner

WHAT A POGGER CURRY!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Forum name: Hayburner
Cycle 1 Alts: LT43a hayburner, LT43b hayburner
Do my alts for Cycle 2 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: Yes

Forum name: Ayoukoo
Cycle 1 Alts: lt43a ayoukoo, lt43r ayoukoo, lt43n ayoukoo

Forum name: Void
Cycle 3 Alts: LT43Q Void, LT43W Void, LT43E Void

Reactions: ez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)