Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament - Round 9 (Losers Bracket Semi)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
I'd love to see chimp pdc grand finals but seeing as pdc struggled to win a game in which his opponents bisharp switchin was slowbro when he had a bisharp, my confidence in the boi has been shaken. The luck holds strong tho May that guide u to another rachi-flinching-skarm-to-death run. Go frenpact and pdc

leremyju

Banned deucer.
how does this fucking tele lord win two series by choking game 1 and winning the next two with the same team

telegend.

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

ONLY KELDEO-RESOLUTE CAN USE SECRET SWORD, NOT NORMAL FORM KELDEO!

From Bulbapedia:

THE FOLLOWING IMAGE PERFECTLY SHOWCASES DOOMXFTW USING THE RIGHT KELDEO AND TELE USING THE ILLEGAL KELDEO

TL;DR - BAN TELE FOR CHEATING

Last edited:
Tele was in the chat where everyone was saying use Offensive Gengar, and Tele brought a Gengar weak team anyways. Truly ahead of his time, what a legend. Good luck in the finals Tele. Good run DoomX.

Tele

a quality human being
won in 3 a pretty fucking close series, which actually shouldn't have been THAT close but yea we all have to take hax into account. this being said, lets move real fast to the analyses

g1 i use a nice n mindless hyperoffense team (in this case we say that the team plays by itself or something like that), featuring adamant sharpbeak talonflame, mega gross and LO loom, which actually already won me a game in this tournament. the matchup wasnt necessarily in my favour but somehow i put myself in a better position than my opponent. but then the unrepairable happens: i miss a pretty crucial meteor mash on his togekiss, which left me very little chances to win the game. ofc we will never know how this would have ended without that miss, but the only sure thing is that it really got me down. i really thought that i didnt deserve it at all.
but if the series with Bloo taught me something, is to never give up, and so i did

g2 since ive already been in this situation, i knew what kind of plays i needed to make a come back. similarly to the games with bloo i decide to rely on a very single team, a balanced one, as almost everybody knows. not the same one i used vs bloo tho, but a very similar one if u look attentively. all i was hoping was that my opponent wouldn't try to ct me using gengar or landoi, but since he didnt ct me in g1, i was confident he wouldnt again. as in the case of the previous game, none of us completely had the match up in his favour. the game pretty much came down to if my keldeo had been healthy enough throughout the game to keep in check his bisharp, which was the biggest threat for my team. the fact that he lacked a defogger was also a very important factor, cos it limited the number of times his sharp could have come in. i think i made 1 or 2 ballsy plays here, and especially at the end i clicked the right buttons to win the game. still it was a close game, credit to doomx for this

g3 literally owned him. he could never catch me. i think he was just hoping for the game to end as soon as possible. i actually approached the game in a very cautious way, but after seeing some of his sets, i realized there was no way i was going to lose this. he probably wasnt expecting the same team again, and so he brought a very weak one to it. i really couldnt imagine an easier game for me....yea not much else to say about this battle.

just wanna give a quick shoutout to the team ive used for the last 2 battles (also went 2-0 vs mack bus and 1-0 vs Miles Tails), a very standard balanced team actually, but with 1 important addition: a healer. i actually never thought it possible to have a healer in such a kind of team, but mega altaria made it possible, being at the same time an offensive presence and a defensive one as well. having a heal bell pokemon allows ur team to be much more consistent in the long run, and it also allows u to make some risky plays throughtout the game

LETS GET THIS TROPHY HOW CAN SOME1 EVEN THINK TO STOP ME NAW

ps great content chimp, looking forward to ur next uploads

Last edited:

Reverb

World's nicest narcissist
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
won in 3 a pretty fucking close series, which actually shouldn't have been THAT close but yea we all have to take hax into account. this being said, lets move real fast to the analyses

g1 i use a nice n mindless hyperoffense team (in this case we say that the team plays by itself or something like that), featuring adamant sharpbeak talonflame, mega gross and LO loom, which actually already won me a game in this tournament. the matchup wasnt necessarily in my favour but somehow i put myself in a better position than my opponent. but then the unrepairable happens: i miss a pretty crucial meteor mash on his togekiss, which left me very little chances to win the game. ofc we will never know how this would have ended without that miss, but the only sure thing is that it really got me down. i really thought that i didnt deserve it at all.
but if the series with Bloo taught me something, is to never give up, and so i did

g2 since ive already been in this situation, i knew what kind of plays i needed to make a come back. similarly to the games with bloo i decide to rely on a very single team, a balanced one, as almost everybody knows. not the same one i used vs bloo tho, but a very similar one if u look attentively. all i was hoping was that my opponent wouldn't try to ct me using gengar or landoi, but since he didnt ct me in g1, i was confident he wouldnt again. as in the case of the previous game, none of us completely had the match up in his favour. the game pretty much came down to if my keldeo had been healthy enough throughout the game to keep in check his bisharp, which was the biggest threat for my team. the fact that he lacked a defogger was also a very important factor, cos it limited the number of times his sharp could have come in. i think i made 1 or 2 ballsy plays here, and especially at the end i clicked the right buttons to win the game. still it was a close game, credit to doomx for this

g3 literally owned him. he could never catch me. i think he was just hoping for the game to end as soon as possible. i actually approached the game in a very cautious way, but after seeing some of his sets, i realized there was no way i was going to lose this. he probably wasnt expecting the same team again, and so he brought a very weak one to it. i really couldnt imagine an easier game for me....yea not much else to say about this battle.

just wanna give a quick shoutout to the team ive used for the last 2 battles (also went 2-0 vs mack bus and 1-0 vs Miles Tails), a very standard balanced team actually, but with 1 important addition: a healer. i actually never thought it possible to have a healer in such a kind of team, but mega altaria made it possible, being at the same time an offensive presence and a defensive one as well. having a heal bell pokemon allows ur team to be much more consistent in the long run, and it also allows u to make some risky plays throughtout the game

LETS GET THIS TROPHY HOW CAN SOME1 EVEN THINK TO STOP ME NAW
you're my fren, but your sportsmanship sucks :/

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
i dont get the g3. he had scarf tar to trap mew so slowbro could just win without getting burned and clef can not get taunted by mew.

i dont get the g3. he had scarf tar to trap mew so slowbro could just win without getting burned and clef can not get taunted by mew.
Mew was physically defensive, so it kinda could have burned the Tyranitar if at a decent amount of health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)