Smogon's VGC 2012 Tournament - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Smogon's VGC 2012 Tournament

Smogon has just crowned its first king of BW OU with Snunch winning the 8th Official Smogon Tournament. Now its time to find a king or queen for VGC with Smogon's second annual Official Smogon VGC Tournament, and it could be you! This is an official tournament, and that means a profile trophy is up for grabs. Post below to signup, and good luck to all competitors.

How to Join or Host a Tournament
Smogon's VGC 2012 Tournament Signups

Rules

• This tournament will be played on Pokemon Online
  • Matches are best two out of three
  • Games are 4v4 doubles.
  • Your roster should consist of 6 different Pokemon, but only 4 Pokemon are used in each game, the other 2 are to switch in between games of the best 2 of 3 match.
  • You are not allowed to switch anything besides the order of your Pokemon between games 2 and 3. This includes Evs and moveset.
  • Games should be played on Smogon's PO server using our custom timer and client. Read more about it here.
  • Teams will be required to be submitted each round in a link given at that time.
  • The following Pokemon are banned:
    • 150 – Mewtwo
    • 151 – Mew
    • 249 – Lugia
    • 250 – Ho-Oh
    • 251 – Celebi
    • 382 – Kyogre
    • 383 – Groudon
    • 384 – Rayquaza
    • 385 – Jirachi
    • 386 – Deoxys
    • 483 – Dialga
    • 484 – Palkia
    • 487 – Giratina
    • 489 – Phione
    • 490 – Manaphy
    • 491 – Darkrai
    • 492 – Shaymin
    • 493 – Arceus
    • 494 – Victini
    • 643 – Reshiram
    • 644 – Zekrom
    • 646 – Kyurem
    • 647 - Keldeo
    • 648 - Meloetta
    • 649 - Genosect
  • Team preview will be turned on
  • Species Clause
  • Item Clause
  • Self-KO Clause
  • The move "Sky Drop" is banned
  • The move "Dark Void" is banned
  • Unavailable Dreamworld abilities are banned
  • Unavailable items are banned

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move or redo the battle with the same teams but different moves. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

You can PM any questions to a Tournament Director

Important things to remember
1. Be sure to submit your team, this is the first thing we look at for activity
2. When contacting, VMs are better because we can see the activity.
3. Save all logs.

Matty85 vs Malekith
PungentFruit vs kingofkongs

Round 7's deadline is at 5PM EST (GMT -5) on Tuesday June 12th
Submit Full Teams and Logs Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)