#smogonvgc Live Tournament Week 12 - Terrakion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi everyone, in an effort to promote activity here in the VGC subforum, we'll be holding a practice tournament this Friday at 5 pm US central time (GMT -4). If this tournament goes over well enough, we'll do more like it and hopefully have more fun stuff for everyone. This week, we'll be giving away a Jolly Terrakion (soft reset by Pyritie ) to everyone that enters the tournament to use in future live tournaments, or one of the many premier challenges being held across the US (and the world?).

This week, TheMantyke , lucariojr, and maybe someone else will be running the bracket.

View the bracket and sign up for the tournament here.

The link for the IRC channel, #smogonvgc is Here.

You will need to check in one hour before the tournament begins to participate.

Additionally, we're aiming to record the finals and put them up on the official Smogon Youtube Channel! This should go without saying, but please, if you make it to the finals, save your Battle Videos and post them here!

We're slowly getting previous week's finals rolled out. Here's the newly uploaded finals for week 9 & 10!

The rules are simple:
  • Flat Doubles, pentagon Pokemon ONLY. Basic VGC rules here, folks. If it's not allowed on ORAS Battle Spot, it isn't allowed here.
  • For the purpose of having the tournament run on time, strategies such as Minimize are STRONGLY discouraged. Id' like to keep this tournament fun and fast; these strategies are neither.
  • Competitors will need a copy of Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire to enter.
  • The tournament will be Swiss, best of one with a top cut (with best of three matches) that will be determined by how many people enter (or depending on time constraints)
  • Each round will last a maximum of 30 minutes. If the match is not completed within the timeframe, it will be up to the host to decide who wins or who loses.
  • If there is a disconnection, it will be up to the host to decide who wins or who loses. Make sure to have a camera handy to get some proof if you're nervous about this.
  • Since this is a non-weighted practice tournament, you may change your team between rounds. However, it might be better practice for you not to do so.
  • You must join the IRC channel #smogonvgc in order to participate.

Halvard -
Terrakion

Nature: Jolly - Ability: Justified - Location: Pokemon Omega Ruby
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31

This week, we'll be giving away Halvard the ORAS-caught Terrakion. This is our first repeat giveaway, but we thought it was appropriate given that Terrakion had recently poked into the top 12 most used Pokemon in Battle Spot doubles. It might dislike Fairy-types and Intimidate, but being able to destroy incredibly powerful Pokemon like Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Charizard Y means Terrakion is not to be taken lightly.

So even if you're not confident in your skills or your team, remember that this is just for practice and that you're getting a free Terrakion. Stop by #smogonvgc this Friday to show your support for VGC on Smogon! I hope to see you then!

HOW TO RECEIVE TERRAKION:
  • Note: Terrakion will not start being distributed until 3:30 PM CST. Please follow these instructions then.
  • Step 1: Catch a Cacnea
  • Step 2: Offer the Cacnea for a Terrakion on the GTS. If you haven't registered Terrakion in your Pokedex yet, you can type its name in at the bottom.
  • Step 3: Enter your username that you entered the tournament with in the message box, or simply put #smogonvgc. If you don't do this, you'll be ignored!
  • Step 4: At about 3:30pm CST (90 minutes before tournament begins), our distributor will start giving out the Terrakion. Refresh the GTS to receive your Terrakion. Enjoy!
12 weeks going strong! We're all set to speed creep people who have only invest 4 weeks into speed.

Last edited:
Not sure if I will make this one, your daylight savings kinda screwed me over in terms of making these tourneys. Anyways, it makes sense that Terrakion is a reapeat giveaway, since it is in a Repeat Ball XD. Still, awesome that you are doing repeat giveaways, would be nice if you could do some more (I don't have a Cresselia)

Signed up!
Kinda new to the forums and the format, so don't be too hard on me...
Anyway, looking forward to wake up at 5 am and play Pokemon lol...

BTW, isn't US Central Time at GMT-5 now?

Last edited:
Glad we're doing repeats, as there were a couple of previous legendaries I wanted, but couldn't participate in the tournament to actually get it.

Damn, just now got home from work.. hmm.. Yeah, I'll sit this one out. ~3 mins to register, not dealing with the chaos xD

And a huge thank you for getting the week 9/10 vids up. :3

Just saw this now as well, would've played if I came before registration closed. Are these done the same time each week?
Yes. Every Friday, at the same time. Registration / giveaway starts about 1 hour before the tourney. They're a ton of fun, and considering there's no harm to your rating/etc, you really have nothing to lose. And if you make it to finals, you might get to be on Smogon's official YouTube too. ;)

Congratulations to DaisukeLight for winning the tournament!

<04~TheMantyke> would you two be willing to post the battle video codes in the thread?
<DaisukeLight> I'm ok with that if Megan is too
<Megan-Miao> I will totally post mine n.n
<DaisukeLight> Y9XG-WWWW-WWXM-CZP2 is game 2
<DaisukeLight> GR3G-WWWW-WWXM-CZUR is game 1
<DaisukeLight> (:

Had a total blast this week.

Made it to finals, but lost to DaisukeLight, who played fantastically.

Earlier Rounds:
EE6G-WWWW-WWXM-CHAS - Round 1 vs. Xeniera
9GJG-WWWW-WWXM-CH9E - Round 2 vs. The-Magic-Sword
WMTG-WWWW-WWXM-CH7P - Round 3 vs. Daisuke (My loss, nooo)
LXUW-WWWW-WWXM-CH6Y - Round 4 vs. Techtronics

Semifinals vs. KyleAyala (had gone 4:0 prior to this)
2SEG-WWWW-WWXM-CH56 - Round 1
EUEW-WWWW-WWXM-CH3R - Round 2
DX4G-WWWW-WWXM-CH22 - Round 3

Finals vs. Daisuke
4PFW-WWWW-WWXM-CZJL - Round 1 (Hax! Hax I say!)
N5WW-WWWW-WWXM-CZYA - Round 2 (Loss, but very wp!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)