#smogonvgc Live Tournament Week 3 - Terrakion Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
That last match in the finals felt like a real up hill battle. Mega Lopunny felt like staring down a fast Mega Kagaskhan that could go toe to toe with Aegislash and Win vs my own Kangaskhan. You did a good job preserving it throughout the game. My team really didn't carry an answer to Ferrothorn outside of Aegis's neutral Shadow Ball and Landorus's Superpower so I think he was able to run away with it. Big oversight in team building on my part, but thankfully it's not that hard to fix. For anyone curious, my team was the team I posted in the sample teams thread with a minor change in that Aegislash used Shadow Ball / Flash Cannon / Wide Guard. I never actually used Rotom-W or Amoonguss at all the whole tournament since they were more techs for certain common Pokemon my team's weak to. This tournament gave me a nicer scope of what exactly I need to tech against for future revisions: Bulky Waters and Ferrothorn are difficult for it to break.

Most memorable moments for me were:
  • Hydreigon's EV spread doing its exact job living a Garchomp's Dragon Claw with 3 health and Dragon Pulsing it down to its sash in return.
  • Dancing around Reinier's Porygon2 since most of my teams abilities work badly against me.
  • Face palming when I went for a super obvious Fake Out when there was a Ferrothorn in the back and took a massive 58% for it.
Fun stuff. Next week should be cool too!

I didn't know we had FIVE rounds. I was reading the chat and thought "Oh, looks like we're done". Sorry about that. <:X

Definitely cheated myself out of top cut. I had the plays I wanted to make in my mind, and me being too cowardly to make those plays at the beginning of the match cost me the WHOLE match really quickly. Gonna keep at it, and gonna be back next time.

Eh, did I get the wrong Terra?
It Mild from a guy named Omar and no solid IVs

Otherwise, it was a great tournament ( though I lost most of my battles )
Lol, yeah, wrong Terrakion, although you did just get a Terrakion for a tentacool...

ehm.. actualy.. my team sucks, Tried my hands to the NuggetBridge live and I lost all my rounds :| I just got lucky yesterday

Lol, yeah, wrong Terrakion, although you did just get a Terrakion for a tentacool...
Haha, any other time I'd be like "Wow, thanks!"
. . .i'm conflicted between gratitude and disappointment right now.

Anyone know who I gotta ask to get the right one? Cause I really wanted that Perfect Terra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)