Smogon VGC Live Tournaments - On hold (See post #180, page 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free mence is sexy, but I need to burn my team to the ground. It's too slow, and can't take a hit. Lasted 5 turns tops and was decimated by every opponent. Oh well, at least I have something to work on the next two weeks.

Thank you for holding this tournament. This was the first competition I've taken part in outside of Battle Spot. It was a nice time, and I was glad to surprisingly cut the top 8.

Finals
G1: KJ6W-WWWW-WW32-FVXU
G2: C32G-WWWW-WW32-FV3A
G3: YWRG-WWWW-WW32-FV4C
EmbC won
Confirming!
GG's ^^ and thank you so much for uploading the videos :D
(I'm EmbC, you can see on BattleFy that I signed up with my smogon name as PortugueseFalkner)

Thanks to everyone who competed, hosting this was tiresome but really fun nonetheless. We in the hosting team learned a lot of things this week, and we promise that the tournaments will run more smoothly next time, which is in 2 weeks. Apologies to the people who were disappoined of the hosting, we literally had zero experience with hosting these kind of tours from before.

Thanks to everyone who competed, hosting this was tiresome but really fun nonetheless. We in the hosting team learned a lot of things this week, and we promise that the tournaments will run more smoothly next time, which is in 2 weeks. Apologies to the people who were disappoined of the hosting, we literally had zero experience with hosting these kind of tours from before.
You did fine, I don't know what people were bitching about lol.
Sorry for being a whiner and not sticking around to finals like I usually do. Will try to improve the team and stick around if I can next time; my weekends are really busy though ._.

Okay so the OP has (finally) been updated with information for this weeks tournaments. This week we are giving away a Milotic, so hope you enjoy it! We are making some adjustments to our distribution policy this week though.

The Pokemon will be given out a while after the tournament has started, and we will only distribute to the people who are on irc. This is to prevent people from signing up to get the Pokemon and never participating.

Also, to make the tournaments run smoother, if you haven't shown up by the end of round 1, the host is allowed to disqualify you from the rest of that tour to avoid that people get free wins. Think that was all, hope you are excited!

Okay so the OP has (finally) been updated with information for this weeks tournaments. This week we are giving away a Milotic, so hope you enjoy it! We are making some adjustments to our distribution policy this week though.

The Pokemon will be given out a while after the tournament has started, and we will only distribute to the people who are on irc. This is to prevent people from signing up to get the Pokemon and never participating.

Also, to make the tournaments run smoother, if you haven't shown up by the end of round 1, the host is allowed to disqualify you from the rest of that tour to avoid that people get free wins. Think that was all, hope you are excited!
Damn it, the free wins were the only ones I got last time- I mean I approve, battling is more fun than 3 byes. :P
This Friday, 5PM EST, non? That I can actually do, I work a really short morning shift tommorow. Probably shouldn't of posted an RMT on my shit the day before the tourney LOL. Whatevs, free mon, free practice against something other than Japanese troll teams and 1700+ players when I'm at 1440.
No promises on Arbok; will be a coinflip this week. Be prepared. Bring Defiant Thundurus-I.

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
tfw when this weekend the ski hill opens and you basically have to go lol

Well I may be able to make this I have time for at least like 5 games if done quick should've done this last weekend when I had nothin

Guys, there's little to one hour before Friday's tournament start, but signups are lacking. If we don't get more than 6 sign-ups, Friday's tournament will be dead. Same can apply for Saturday, but it's a little bit rash to jump into conclusions right now. Come on guys! Let's join Friday's tournament!

Guys, there's little to one hour before Friday's tournament start, but signups are lacking. If we don't get more than 6 sign-ups, Friday's tournament will be dead. Same can apply for Saturday, but it's a little bit rash to jump into conclusions right now. Come on guys! Let's join Friday's tournament!
Just got home. Shudder before the horrors soon to be unleashed - the coinflip has decided.

Edit: 1-4, best record I've had in a week aww yeah.
Top cut going on right meow

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)