Snacktime w/ Chipdip (Peaked #1)

Introduction

Hey Smogon, I'm Wepwn and I will be bringing you guys my first ever RMT. So one day I was sitting on PO looking for LU (RU of Pokemon Online) battles and it took forever to find one so I decided to test out my team on Pokemon Showdown in the hail meta and such. Little did I know that this team was way better on PS than PO. I ended up hitting the #1 spot in 2 days while going on a 54-3 record. I don't like to play stall so therefor I decided to make a Hyper Offense team which is my preferred play style. The team is based on a SubCM Uxie + Hone Claws Durant core. The teams goal is to just hit as hard as possible until Uxie or Durant can come in and ensure a cleanup. I have dropped from #1 to straight hax but it's alright cause i'll try to get it back I guess. The explain the title of the RMT Snacktime w/ Chipdip at first I wanted to name the RMT Snacktime but then some of my buddies told me to name it Snacktime w/ Chipdip cause Chipdip is what they call me. So I present you Snacktime w/ Chipdip...oink dee oink dy oink

@

Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

Druddigon is easily recognized as one of the best Pokemon in the RU metagame. It can have many roles such as getting up SR and Wallbreaking. Every team needs a Pokemon that can get up Stealth Rocks reliably and Druddigon is a perfect fit for this position. Druddigon's Dragon typing is amazing in RU as it is very uncommon and resists a lot of common types in the tier. Once Druddigon has gotten up SR I usually just click outrage to do massive damage to anything but of course of the opponent has a Steelix, Ferroseed and pretty much any other Steel type I will have to play more carefully. Sucker Punch is amazing on Druddigon as getting a hard priority hit on anything that sets up is very beneficial and will save me from getting swept. Sucker Punch is mainly used on things such as Uxie, Mesprit and Cryogonal which all take a significant amount of damage from it as they can all outspeed me. Earthquake is there to hit Fire types such as Entei and Steel types such as Steelix and Aggron. I am considering changing Outrage for Dragon Claw as it is much safer and it won't get revenge killed with ease. Speed EVs are meant to speed creep on other speed creeping Druddigons.

@

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Let me go ahead and say it right now, Rotom-C is the best scarfer in the RU tier. This lawn mower is amazing. It can scout with Volt Switch, do massive damage with Leaf Storm/T-bolt and cripple annoying threats with Trick. Rotom is usually used as my revenge killer unless I have a free opportunity to set up with Uxie or Durant. I try to always keep Rotom for late game as it can easily clean up with its great speed and with the correct move locked in late game. If I lose Rotom early game and my opponent has a Moltres you can say that I am Screwed. Rotom is the only thing I have that can outspeed and OHKO Moltres so it's very crucial to keep this thing late game at all costs. Rotom can cause switches very easily when it comes in and with the correct prediction I can easily Volt Switch and set up with Uxie or Durant on the correct Pokemon. Rotom checks some threats to my team such as Feraligatr, Kabutops and it can easily wear down Slowkings. The best part of using Rotom is all the momentum you get when you predict correctly and are able to Volt Switch to the correct Pokemon and just wreck from there. Overall, Rotom-C plays a very crucial part on my team and it is a necessity for this team to succeed.

@

Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- ExtremeSpeed
- Stone Edge
- Sleep Talk

The hardest and scariest attacker in the entire metagame, we got the beast itself, Entei. This is an amazing wallbreaker that destroys many threats to my team. Entei is my main switch in against Pokemon that don't resist fire as they will get completely annihilated. It's the only thing i have to OHKO Tangrowth without a boost which comes really hand most of the time. Extremespeed is great with Banded Entei as it can OHKO two frail threats to my team after rocks which are Galvantula and Cincinno (after 1 LO hit). It is also amazing for late game as usually my opponents team will be weak enough to the point where E-Speed will destroy everything. Stone Edge is literally used once in 10 battles aha. There is no better move to change it for so I just keep it on the set. Sleep talk is used to switch into Spores/Sleep Powders and attack back with a powerful hit while sleeping. Overall, Entei is great at breaking walls and making a sweep much easier for Uxie and Durant.

@

Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Foresight
- Rapid Spin

Well, every team needs a spinner and reliable one. Hitmonchan has proven that it is very reliable with it's great speed and Drain Punch + Mach Punch Iron Fist + Fist Plate boosted attacks. The entire set is actually from New Breed, had destroyed me on PO ladder once and I liked this set so I decided to give it a try and it has been working out great. The extra HP EVs are there to take some hits a bit better. To explain my moveset I have the obvious Rapid Spin, Drain Punch to hit things amazingly hard with the Fist Plate boost, Mach Punch is to hit things that outspeed me but are x2 weak to fighting. Some of these Pokemon include big threats such as Cincinno, Klingklang and Omastar. Foresight is used for hitting ghost types on the switch in to make spinning a lot easier. So now let's move on to the base of the team.

@

EVs: 96 HP / 188 SAtk / 224 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

Ah, here it is Standard SubCM Uxie. This is such a threat in the current metagame. When I played on Pokemon Online Uxie wouldn't put in too much work because the metagame was so different. On Pokemon Showdown Qwilfish and Amoonguss aren't banned in RU which has a significant impact on the metagame. I usually bring Uxie in to set up on Pokemon such as Defensive Tangrowth, Qwilfish, Amoonguss, any fighting type and on Pokemon that simply cannot touch Uxie. I was thinking of changing Psychic to Psyschock for Clefables but as you can see, Clefable is not a threat to my team at all so I just stuck to the more powerful move. Thunderbolt is there to hit Slowkings, Sigilyph and anything that resist Psychic. There isn't much to say about this as once my opponent let's it set up to +3 you can guarantee I will be killing more than 2 Pokemon. Overall, SubCM Uxie is just an underrated threat in the metagame that can cause a shit load of destruction.

@

Trait: Hustle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Hone Claws
- X-Scissor
- Superpower
- Iron Head

The second part of the core I decided to make this team around, Durant. After a Hone Claws boost can OHKO or 2HKO almost everything in the RU tier. I carry Lum Berry so when I switch into Uxie I don't have to fear a Yawn/T-wave and when I switch into Slowking I don't have to worry about a Scald burn. This defines a perfect late game cleaner, as if there is one misplay made by my opponent I can just bring Durant in, set up and start to destroy the opposing team. X-Scissor and Iron Head are used as Durant's 2 main stab moves. Superpower is used to hit steels which can be pretty annoying. Durant is what I use to kill opposing Druddigons if my own is dead. We all do know how terrible Durant's special defense is so Rotom-C can OHKO with T-bolt which is pretty annoying so I usually don't set up when it is alive.

Conclusion

So there is my most successful RU team so far on the ladder. Hope you guys enjoyed my bad English. Overall, I am very happy with how this team has turned out and the team has made RU fun for me. So expect more from me some time soon :]. Any changes/suggestions are appreciated and I will take all to consideration. I will leave importable below for anyone who wants to test/steal the team.
Shoutouts:
Kiyo for watching me ladder and get haxed outta #1.
Santuga for helping me with my bad English and the team :]
ThunderBlunder for being powerful
Shards for being stronger than Blunder

Durant (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Hustle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- X-Scissor
- Superpower
- Iron Head

(Uxie) @ Leftovers
EVs: 96 HP / 188 SAtk / 224 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

Hitmonchan (M) @ Fist Plate
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Foresight
- Rapid Spin

(Entei) @ Choice Band
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- ExtremeSpeed
- Stone Edge
- Sleep Talk

(Rotom-C) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

(Druddigon) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Great team you've got here Pwn, I hope more users take some time to rate seeing as I'm the first. You've absolutely hit the nail on the head using CM Uxie and HC Durant together as they synergize so well offensively. Uxie also has the benefit of setting up on many pokemon inside the top 20 in usage (The main ones being Slowking, Amoonguss, and Qwilfish)

I understand you probably play around them well enough but strong hitting special attackers such as Moltres and Rotom-F get a free kill pretty much everytime they come in, and you only have the means to check them with the combination of priority and speed. I don't really see anything I can suggest to immediately fix this weakness, but if somebody else can that'd be sweet.

Keep up the good work friend, and keep spamming Entei and Rotom-C on the ladder imo. GO CANADA... sike :]

Yo WePwn, this is a solid team and congrats on the peak man :]. As Kiyo mentioned strong Special Attackers like Moltres can really trouble this team if it gets a free switch in and generally most Fire types like Choice Band Entei can give this team a bit of trouble. I think you could try Lum Berry Kabutops over Hitmonchan, Lum Berry is generally better on Kabutops atm due to residual damage from Hail/Toxic Spikes and just gives you alot more survivability. Kabutops would give you a solid switch in into things like CB Entei and can allow you to play around LO Moltres by pivoting to Kabutops to take Fire Blast/Hurricane and then to Rotom-C to take the HP [Grass]. Obviously this change isn't completely necessary since you already peaked #1 and whatnot but I think it does patch up a couple of holes.

Summary of changes

Hitmonchan --> Lum Kabutops

Set(s)
Kabutops (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin

Of course you don't mention me anywhere when I've beat this team like twice.

This is a pretty nice team though. The only real nitpick I have is that your Durant can potentially have trouble with defensive Moltres, due to it not having one super effective move against it, or even a neutral hit for that matter. I think that dropping the move Superpower for Stone Edge would better allow you to deal with it. I know that Entei has Stone Edge as well, but in that One V. One situation, it will better enable you to come out on top.

Nice team Pwny, Luvdisc, imo.

tldr;

Stone Edge -> Superpower

Hey WePwn, cool team and congrats on the peak ^_^ Its also really nice to see 'mons like SubCM Uxie and Lum HC Durant used well, both are stupidly underused tbh haha.

Anywho, I would have to agree with New Breed that Kabutops would patch up issues with strong Fire-types rather nicely while providing spin support, and the additional check to Flying-types is nice as well. The loss of a Mach Punch user isn't overly crucial, as most of the Pokemon you mention don't get very many opportunities to set up considering the offensive output of your team (maybe Oma v.Entei or something, but Smash Oma is significantly less common than it was / should be, so it isn't too bad :P ). I'd consider the use of Waterfall > Swords Dance however, as realistically SD 'Tops doesn't really benefit your team too noticeably, and the consistent Water STAB it provides is quite nice for getting off damage on 'mons like Steelix immediately.

Also, and this may just be a personal preference, but I feel as though the use of Thunder Fang over Iron Head would really help Durant. Quite frankly Iron Head's coverage is restricted to Dusknoir / Misdreavus (bad and uncommon, respectively) and the chance mono-Poison like Weezing or Garbodor (again, rare). Thunder Fang allows Durant to pick off weakened Qwilfish and Moltres after SR, and lets it KO weakened Poliwrath without compromising its stats by using Superpower. This change would not only improve Durant's overall sweeping abilities, but it would also limit Moltres' ability to switch in and threaten your team just a little bit more, which is pretty chill imo. Of course this change may not improve your performance on the mighty showdown ladder due to the overuse of Pokemon such as Dusknoir, but in effort of improving the team overall I felt the need to mention it x_x

--->

• Iron Head ---> Thunder Fang

Small subjective changes, but there wasn't a whole lot to say haha, good luck in the future =)

Oh, and you never explained the Snacktime part of the title, I'm kinda curious '-'

@New Breed & Kiyo
Hey guys thanks for the rates, really appreciate it. New breed, I think you nailed it with me being weak as shit to fire and I usually have to fodder something to come in and revenge kill. So Kabutops seems like a great suggestion and I will get a solid FWG core out of it. Thanks bud :]

@Leftovers;
Hey buddy, I know where your getting at to run SE over Superpower on Rotom for Moltres. But the thing is that it isn't really needed. If Moltres is still alive on my opponent's end I'm not gonna be stupid and decide to set up with Durant, I usually keep my Rotom-C alive for Moltres as it gets straight OHKO'd by T-bolt. Also I don't think I have ever played against a defensive Moltres and don't see why people will use it.

Btw, I never battled you with this team lol. Thanks for the rate and Luvdisc :]

@col49
Hey col, thanks for the rate man, appreciate it. About Kabutops as New breed did mention, I am definitely going to give it a test and see how it goes as it does seem better looking at it on paper. I completely agree that Dusknoir is way too overused in this metagame as it is terrible lol. But Thunder fang seems like a strong idea. As even after a HC boost stone edge still has a chance to miss so T-Fang will definitely do the job to kill Moltres.

And about the name, I have no idea how i came up with snacktime lol. Thanks for rate man :]

TheSpecialOne

formerly Santuga
Hello PWN! This team seems very good and very solid, so there's not much that can be said. The only thing, other than what other people have already notepicked, that I can see as a potencial annoyance is Escavalier seeing as it can OHKO 4 of your team members and it can take any hit barring a Flare Blitz. You have it somewhat covered with Entei, but smart players can always save it for the right occasion.

Congratz on the peak buddy :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)