Moltres @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 40 HP / 216 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Help? What i have been noticing is once suicune gets blown up upon by metagross, the whole team falls to pieces ): I don't want to give up ninjask/ttar, as they're the heart of the team ( lure out skarm and taunt dd sweep to death) , but my team needs something somehow and i can't put my finger on it, so ANY comment at all is gladly appreciated, man.

Armaldo is simply not going to live through Rest. Swords Dance allows it to harm Skarmory, but most carry Toxic nowadays. Earthquake would be another good addition in that slot, or put Toxic on the Armadildo himself.

Suicune can avoid booms using Protect/Substitute, or live through them with Reflect. I don't think that old plain "Calm Mind up and Rest off the damage" really works well nowadays anyway, so try something like:

~ Reflect
~ Toxic
~ Rest
~ Surf

Helps your Dragon Dance Salamence troubles, shouldn't be too afraid of Metagross boom (if anything you can just switch in Moltres after reflecting), counters bulky waters, etcetera.

You could also use Blissey over Snorlax - Moltres simply isn't going to take status well all the time, and with Aromatherapy you could actually keep Rest on Armaldo. With Thunderbolt/Seismic Toss/Softboiled/Aromatherapy you have a chance to fend off Gyarados by surprise and you keep the theme of hurting Skarmory when he doesn't expect it.

Just some outside-the-box comments considering everyone else will tell you to use Swampert and whatnot because of the lack of Rock resist.

Pretty much agree with everything Mekkah said, and just wanted to add that you could consider using Miltank with heal bell and giving it curse, if you're dubious about sacrificing curselax. Also that another alternative move for Armaldo is knock off, which I find very handy.

Knock Off is illegal with Rapid Spin though, and he absolutely needs Rapid Spin unless he ditches Ninjask for something that can hurt Skarmory, which basically gives the flying tincan no more than one opportunity to lay down Spikes without dying. Unless it does so on Suicune of course...I suppose Surf damages a fair bit but not enough for my tastes, and Skarmory could always Spike on Rests.

love the suicune idea, but i can't ditch roar so im keeping it over toxic ): Also, are my ev spreads fine? I made the speed for suicune keeping taunters in mind, and i'd like to know if there was a way to keep ttar from getting ohkoed by an adamant dugtrio, if possible. I deal with tauros/other heavy normal hard hitters by switching in suicune and reflecting up, right? :s

Edit: looking at miltank, im kinda worried about the lack of special wall if i use it, or will it work out fine?

Double edit: i just had a brainwave. Vileplume for status remover/special wall? !

How about Articuno? With Smogon mods enabled, it gets heal bell too :) And it has a sexy 125 base SDef. Rock fire electric and steel weaknesses compared to plume's fire ice flying psychic. Might be able to roar too...

Suicune could also use more defense over SAtk... you'll be CM'ing anyways, and right now CBers take a big chunk out.

im sorry..i changed my cune to the one mekkah gave me, this is my team atm :

Ninjask (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Baton Pass
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 30 Def / 4 Spd / 224 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Rest
- Roar
- Surf

Armaldo (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Blast

Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Taunt

Vileplume (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Spd / 228 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Aromatherapy
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb

Moltres @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 216 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

@muchabi, i thought about articuno, but i dont have a single ground type even, and i don't want to enlarge my thunderbolt weak anymore than i have to, so vileplume works fine. Thanks for the input, though! ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)