So Cute!!!!~

Thanks for reading my first RMT ever. This is more of a cute-themed rain team that proves that cute and beautiful Pokémon can still be extremely effective on the competitive stage, especially Pikachu!!!!

The team at a glance :

Rachi (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 SDef / 252 HP / 32 Spd
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Stealth Rock

Rachi is my stealth rock user. This cutie stop really common calm minders like Reuniclus and Latias by going for the ParaFlinch. It is also my answer to Latios’ Draco Meteor and also to stop my team from being stalled by Blissey, Chansey, and the Kyurems.

Polly (Politoed) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Protect
- Toxic
- Perish Song

The usual defensive Politoed. Perish song is for stopping last Pokémon stalls or set-ups. Protect allows me to scout for scarfed electric type moves for Chuchu. Perish song also is one of my hopes to catch and easily stop Ferrothorn and Jirachi by switching to Magnezone afterwards.

Zoey (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon

My one stop shop for stopping Scizor, hoping to switch into Celebi as it U-turns out. Zoey is also part of my plan for stopping steel types together with Politoed. Magnezone is also a key member of the voltTurn group with celebi that so happens to trap problematic steel types like Skarmony and Forretress.

Mimi (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock

My team’s main sweeper. My goal is to sweep the opponents team once Choice Scarfers and faster Pokémon are eliminated, and everything is easily OHKOed. Starmie easily deals with Venusaur once the sun is gone. Surf for powerful stab in the rain, Ice beam and thunder for coverage and Psyshock makes Blissey think twice before switching in.

Chuchu (Pikachu) (F) @ Light Ball
Trait: Lightningrod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Volt Tackle
- Return
- Brick Break
- Quick Attack

My real cutie of this team. Chuchu manages to stop many problems that are often seen on rain teams: bulky water types. Chuchu’s Volt tackle surprises Jellicent, Tentacruel, and Vaporeon hoping for a special attacker. Also Volt Tackle does over 70% to Ninetales; with stealth rocks down, rain is going to stay. Chuchu has at least an 18.75% chance of OHKOing the most physically defensive Tyranitar versions, and easily OHKOing the others.

Pixie (Celebi) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- U-turn
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Pixie is my status absorber. With U-turn and natural cure, it guarantees that whatever status the opponent gets on Pixie won’t stay. It is also my main counter for opposing Celebi’s, as it’s U-Turn does 50% to the conventional OU SpDef Celebi. Pixie also can switch into Earthquakes, and Water and electric attacks often assosicated with Rain Offense.

THREATS:

- Ferrothorn: currently, the only thing I can do is to Perish Trap it.

- Cloyster: Really becomes a threat if my Politoed is too weakened

- Choice Landorus(-T): I do not have a ground immunity even though Celebi can revenge it with HP ice

- Toxicroak: Sucker punch would hurt my psychic types...

Reactions: tab
Cute team :3 Maybe give magnezone hp fire for ferrothorn or change rachi to a sub calm mind set. Also you should put rapid spin on starmie! :]

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I can't really give this a full rate, but I guess I can stop by and give a couple suggestions.

- Change Magnezone to a Magneton. Magnezone might seem like it has a good Scarf set, but in reality Magneton is a far better user of Choice Scarf - with Hidden Power Ice, it can easily outspeed +1 Adamant Dragonite and Gyarados, something Magnezone can't even dream of doing. Hell, Scarf Magnezone can't even outspeed Starmie.

- Change Starmie to a Life Orb Latias. Right now, you have absolutely no way of dealing with a strong Ground-type - not only can Celebi not take too many hits due to the lack of bulk investment, but the most common users of Ground-type attacks can all deal heavy damage to Celebi with other moves (U-Turn on Lando-T, Outrage on Garchomp). Latias can easily take on both of these Pokemon (assuming it switches in on Earthquake) and dispatch them with the proper move. Latias also provides more resistances to common attacks from opposing Rain teams and checks Scarf Keldeo well. While it might seem like Latios would be better suited to an LO attacker, Latias's higher bulk lets it stay in and take more hits than Latios. On top of all that, it's the cutest Dragon-type in the game! (Altaria doesn't even come close.)

Latias )F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Psyshock / Thunder
- Roost
Note: Latias needs 148 Defense EVs to take less than 80% from Adamant LO Toxicroak's Sucker Punch, which will leave it with enough HP to deal two hits before succumbing to LO recoil. I wouldn't recommend this, however, as it compromises Latias's power too much.

- Replace Quick Attack on Pikachu with Focus Punch.This change means you have to lose Lightningrod, but Ferrothorn gets absolutely wrecked by Focus Punch, and if it's taken much prior damage it's going down right then and there. Focus Punch is a risky move, but if you can bring Pikachu in on something that it scares out (mostly slower Water-types like Jellicent or maybe a Skarmory) you should be able to nail it.
252 Atk Light Ball Pikachu Focus Punch vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 256-302 (72.72 - 85.79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I hope I could help - good luck with the team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)