1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

So how bad of an idea would this be?

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Perfect Cell, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Perfect Cell

Perfect Cell

I've been thinking of doing this for quite some time, and I can't help but get other opinions about this. Maybe even another person who shared the same idea.

Anyway, remember those old events for FR/LG/E? Navel Rock, Birth Island, and the Old Sea Map event? You might, several people got to go to them(Bar the OSM event, it was japan only). Conversely however, several people did not.

Now, I've looked around some threads and the internet, and apparently some EU players were unable to get the event, perhaps location or some other reason. What did they do? They called Nintendo support and asked to have those events put onto their games(at least Navel Rock and Birth Island). Apparently a few had success with this.

Now, what if I called in Nintendo support and asked them to do this for my cartridge, almost 10 years later? Think they'd go for it? Think they would laugh at me?

For the record, I already feel a bit silly asking this question, so try not to shoot me down for it. It is a genuine question, and hell, maybe it'll work.

Thanks!
  2. Matezoide

Matezoide

It is worth a shot. They are definetly not going to laugh at your face.
  3. Flareon

Flareon

You've got nothing to lose.

I say go for it!

Good luck.
  4. kaps

kaps

doesn't hurt to try. . .heck I might even do it myself
  5. Shiruba

Shiruba

tell us if it works! i might buy a gba from my retro games store and try it if it does.
  6. Perfect Cell

Perfect Cell

Heh, I had no idea people were so enthusiastic about this idea!

Alright, it's settled. I will call them on Monday or Tuesday! I think the support phone number is in any Nintendo game manual, right?

EDIT: Yes it is, silly me.
  7. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

If it works, report back to us and we can all get legit everythings.
  8. Hulavuta

Hulavuta They call me "The Rose of Martial Arts"
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

Wow, if this works I am going to REALLY regret breaking (and losing) my FireRed cartridge >_>
  9. Birkal

Birkal Now watch me tie it into a knot with my tongue
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    CAP Head Mod

10. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

trainee moderator birkal forgot to lock the thread
  11. RBG

RBG It feels like a perfect night to dress up like hipsters
    is a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Facebook Manager

Feel free to message a mod so they can post the answer to your request to Nintendo in this thread.
  12. RBG

RBG It feels like a perfect night to dress up like hipsters
    is a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Facebook Manager

Unlocked because:

13. d.hgss

d.hgss

wow, those are EXCELLENT news. I wonder if I could send them my Silver version to get the event pokemons form NYPC....

Please tell us what response you get from Pokemon's website!
  14. Perfect Cell

Perfect Cell

I don't think I'd be able to send a letter until a few days. If someone could go to the support page on the official Pokemon website, perhaps that would work better.

There's still a bit of hope to get those old events guys, but I'm probably stuck here. If someone wants to do it and gets a result, please by all means, go ahead.
  15. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

This could be very essential news to us here in Smogon (although I don't think Game Freak is going to like this much). I don't see why they wouldn't let us, though, it's not like we're getting stuff before anyone else.

Hell, if enough people send in stuff, they may just do another GameStop promotion for funsies, potentially as a Pokemon celebration or something of the sort (although unlikely).
  16. Zowayix

Zowayix

Idea that just popped into my head a second ago:

Why not try the same with the DS games? It's more likely that they'd still have the equipment for that lying around.
  17. cant say

cant say

Well we never got those events in Australia, and if we did I was too young to be aware of them, so it would be hella sweet to actually be able to do this (and could potentially be a reason to do it). Even if the DS ones worked would be good. I missed Jirachi and Shaymin so that would help!
  18. kaps

kaps

I missed Jirachi, Shaymin, Deoxys, Manaphy, Phione, Mew, and Celebi (yes I know those last two have been available a lot and Manaphy, Phione, and Mew are still obtainable if I really wanted to put in the time/effort/money)

so please let this work. and actually I'll probably submit something myself anyways
  19. Zowayix

Zowayix

^Jirachi is available through the US Colosseum Bonus Disk, Celebi is available through the Japanese Colosseum Bonus Disk (MUCH harder to get though), and Shaymin is available through the tweaking glitch on any copy of D/P. The only one you've missed that is currently impossible to obtain is Deoxys.
  20. kaps

kaps

NOT ANYMORE

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
  21. cant say

cant say

It all seems like a little bit of a hassle. If Nintendo was willing to do it that would just be oh so nice

AWWWWW YEAH
  22. duke3528

duke3528

Why does everyone forget that you can get as many deoxy as you want from the last pokemon ranger game. The only legendary you can not get is Arceus Darkrai. besides that very one of them is getable
  23. M. Rock

M. Rock

That actually would be a sick idea. I know Pokecheck exists now, but it would be nice to RNG some event mons of my own for trading. I mean, I definitely missed a lot of them because for a long while during the 4th gen days I thought I was done with this game.
  24. dcae

dcae naughty list

New Deoxys? I accidentally deleted one I got several years back when restarting, so that is awesome news.
  25. Lucario_Guy

Lucario_Guy

Ever wondered how they distribute event 'mons at GameStop and the like?

*cough* (open)
    [​IMG]

And apparently, there are a number of these things up for grabs on eBay.

Keldeo
    Meloetta
    Celebi

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)