So how bad of an idea would this be?

I've been thinking of doing this for quite some time, and I can't help but get other opinions about this. Maybe even another person who shared the same idea.

Anyway, remember those old events for FR/LG/E? Navel Rock, Birth Island, and the Old Sea Map event? You might, several people got to go to them(Bar the OSM event, it was japan only). Conversely however, several people did not.

Now, I've looked around some threads and the internet, and apparently some EU players were unable to get the event, perhaps location or some other reason. What did they do? They called Nintendo support and asked to have those events put onto their games(at least Navel Rock and Birth Island). Apparently a few had success with this.

Now, what if I called in Nintendo support and asked them to do this for my cartridge, almost 10 years later? Think they'd go for it? Think they would laugh at me?

For the record, I already feel a bit silly asking this question, so try not to shoot me down for it. It is a genuine question, and hell, maybe it'll work.

Thanks!

Heh, I had no idea people were so enthusiastic about this idea!

Alright, it's settled. I will call them on Monday or Tuesday! I think the support phone number is in any Nintendo game manual, right?

EDIT: Yes it is, silly me.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Wow, if this works I am going to REALLY regret breaking (and losing) my FireRed cartridge >_>

Feel free to message a mod so they can post the answer to your request to Nintendo in this thread.

Unlocked because:

Perfect Cell said:
If you don't mind, could you put the following in the thread(The "How bad of an idea is this?" thread?)

Also, while I hope it's not too much to ask, I feel that the thread should be re-opened because of this new information. I feel it adds some discussion to it. If not, still, please put the following quote in.

Thanks!

Well, I called Nintendo support and waited about 3 minutes before being put on the phone with a representative named Alex. The conversation was as follows.

Me: Hi, I was wondering if you could help me with an odd question I have?

Alex: Sure!

Me: Well, there were some old events for Fire Red, Leaf Green and Emerald that allowed people to obtain exclusive Pokemon. It was a live event from awhile ago.

Alex: Yes, I'm aware of those events.

Me: Alright, that helps out a bit. Now, I was aware that some people were unable to get to those events. But, if they sent in their cartridges to Nintendo, they could have the events put onto their games. I was wondering, is this still possible today?

Alex: We used to offer support for this issue, but we no longer have the equipment for this.

Me: Darn. Is there perhaps another method of getting those events?

Alex: Well, you could try contacting the support at the Pokemon website and see if they can help you out with this issue.

Me: Hmm, well it's better than nothing. Thanks for your help.

Alex: No problem. Have a nice day.

Me: Goodbye.

So this confirms a few things.

1:They DID help people get events that were over for the 3rd gen games.
2:They aren't robots.
3:There may be some hope left!

wow, those are EXCELLENT news. I wonder if I could send them my Silver version to get the event pokemons form NYPC....

Please tell us what response you get from Pokemon's website!

I don't think I'd be able to send a letter until a few days. If someone could go to the support page on the official Pokemon website, perhaps that would work better.

There's still a bit of hope to get those old events guys, but I'm probably stuck here. If someone wants to do it and gets a result, please by all means, go ahead.

This could be very essential news to us here in Smogon (although I don't think Game Freak is going to like this much). I don't see why they wouldn't let us, though, it's not like we're getting stuff before anyone else.

Hell, if enough people send in stuff, they may just do another GameStop promotion for funsies, potentially as a Pokemon celebration or something of the sort (although unlikely).

Idea that just popped into my head a second ago:

Why not try the same with the DS games? It's more likely that they'd still have the equipment for that lying around.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well we never got those events in Australia, and if we did I was too young to be aware of them, so it would be hella sweet to actually be able to do this (and could potentially be a reason to do it). Even if the DS ones worked would be good. I missed Jirachi and Shaymin so that would help!

I missed Jirachi, Shaymin, Deoxys, Manaphy, Phione, Mew, and Celebi (yes I know those last two have been available a lot and Manaphy, Phione, and Mew are still obtainable if I really wanted to put in the time/effort/money)

so please let this work. and actually I'll probably submit something myself anyways

^Jirachi is available through the US Colosseum Bonus Disk, Celebi is available through the Japanese Colosseum Bonus Disk (MUCH harder to get though), and Shaymin is available through the tweaking glitch on any copy of D/P. The only one you've missed that is currently impossible to obtain is Deoxys.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
^Jirachi is available through the US Colosseum Bonus Disk, Celebi is available through the Japanese Colosseum Bonus Disk (MUCH harder to get though), and Shaymin is available through the tweaking glitch on any copy of D/P. The only one you've missed that is currently impossible to obtain is Deoxys.
It all seems like a little bit of a hassle. If Nintendo was willing to do it that would just be oh so nice

AWWWWW YEAH

Why does everyone forget that you can get as many deoxy as you want from the last pokemon ranger game. The only legendary you can not get is Arceus Darkrai. besides that very one of them is getable

Idea that just popped into my head a second ago:

Why not try the same with the DS games? It's more likely that they'd still have the equipment for that lying around.
That actually would be a sick idea. I know Pokecheck exists now, but it would be nice to RNG some event mons of my own for trading. I mean, I definitely missed a lot of them because for a long while during the 4th gen days I thought I was done with this game.

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
New Deoxys? I accidentally deleted one I got several years back when restarting, so that is awesome news.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)