So I'm doing this challenge in Emerald...

So, I'm doing this challenge in Emerald that I partly made up. The rules are as follows:

-You must only have the six lowest leveled Pokemon in your possession in your party at any given time, and you must switch them out if you are in close enough proximity to a Pokemon center (which means that if you're in a cave, you can wait until you have access to a Pokemon Center to switch). The lowest leveled Pokemon must be at the front of your party, followed by the second-lowest leveled, etc.; if two Pokemon are the same level, then the number of EXP. points they need to level up will determine the order. The exception is that if you catch a Pokemon that is TOO under-leveled, you can store it until you get the EXP. Share, at which point you must include it in your party with the EXP. Share attached until it is of a sufficient level.
-Like Nuzlocke, if a Pokemon faints, it cannot be used again. Unlike Nuzlocke, however, each time you defeat the E4, you can choose to bring back six Pokemon... minus any Pokemon that fainted during your E4 challenge. Also, if you white out, game over.

My current party in Emerald is:
-Skitty, Lv. 7
-Shroomish, Lv. 8
-Marill, Lv. 9
-Taillow, Lv. 9
-Zigzagoon, Lv. 9
-Lotad, Lv. 9

Pokemon in my box:
-Wingull, Lv. 2
-Ralts, Lv. 4
-Treecko, Lv. 9

The victims:
-Wurmple, Lv. 5: Fell to the first Aqua Grunt
-Poochyena, Lv. 6: Fell to Rich Boy Winston after a series of lucky crits.

So yeah. I'll update this challenge as I play.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Errrm, pretty sure this should be impossible to complete...

The highest level Pokemon you can outright catch is Lv 44 Mawiles. I doubt you're going to be able to beat the E4 with a bunch of those. The level difference is probably significantly worse in other games, especially Gen 2/HGSS who we all know has terrible level distribution and no grinding spots pre-E4...

...good point. Maybe I'll make an exception for the E4.

Also, note that I didn't say that I can't switch out Pokemon.

EDIT: So I decided that Skitty was at too low of a level to be worth much right now, so I switched it out. I got the first badge and have beaten the second Aqua Grunt and the second battle with May (the optional one in Rustboro).

My current party in Emerald is:
-Lotad, Lv. 10
-Zigzagoon, Lv. 11
-Marill, Lv. 11
-Shroomish, Lv. 11
-Treecko, Lv. 11
-Taillow, Lv. 12

Pokemon in my box:
-Wingull, Lv. 2
-Ralts, Lv. 4
-Skitty, Lv. 7
-Whismur, Lv. 7
-Nincada, Lv. 7

No additional victims, thankfully.

Also some fun facts: Apparently, a level 9 Treecko out-speeds a level 12 Geodude even after 2 Rock Tombs. Also, Lotad must either have crap Defense or I got one with a Def- nature.

This doesn't seem like a particularly fulfilling challenge to me. If you were to do it properly, it would just be a hideous grind-fest to get every Pokemon you've caught up to a useable level. As it stands, you just seem to be playing through normally, leaving weak Pokemon in the PC instead of using them. I don't get it.

why bother caatching pokemon wouldn't it be easier to just go with 6 pokemon that way they would be your 6 lowest leveled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)