So I'm into battling DP finally, and since I like modded servers (RMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
I've decided to make my debut RMT which includes both the current CAP Pokemon, Revenankh and Syclant.

Now, here's just one reaction I've received from this team:

HHH1: FUCK YOUR WHATEVER THAT IS
HHH1 has left the room.
kholdstaire wins!

anyway, here's the team :justin2:

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 108 HP/220 Atk/126 Def/56 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Fang
- Stealth Rock

Has good resistances with Rock typing and that 50% Special Defense boost is grand. Stealth Rock at the start of the match if I think they will switch.

Garchomp (M) @ Brightpowder
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 18 HP/252 Atk/240 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang

Yes, I am an asshole for using Brightpowder on Garchomp. I've had Ice Beams miss just when I needed them to (since 100% accurate moves have 72% accuracy against Sand Veil+Brightpowder). I don't know what would go over Fire Fang if I were to change it. And opinions?

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 188 HP/190 Def/32 Spd/100 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Oh sweet baby Jesus do I love Zapdos. He can play offense or defense. And this set is defensive. Thunder Wave makes sure shit stays slow so I can sweep with Garchomp or Syclant at the end of the match. HP: Ice to buttfuck the dragons. AND OMG ROOST IS BEAUTIFUL :D

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 196 HP/100 Atk/214 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Spikes

Everyone's favorite iron chicken. Brave Bird is the better attacking option imo as a 180 base power move off of 220 Attack isn't anything to take lightly. And any recoil can just be healed with Roost. Spikes instead of Stealth Rock since I can stack Spikes and Skarmory is more defensive than Tyranitar.

Revenankh (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 124 HP/36 Atk/98 Def/252 SDef
- Bulk Up
- Hammer Arm
- Shadow Punch
- Rest

Fuck. Just fuck. He's a beefy sombitch. And lol Shed Skin activating the turn I Rest (after my opponent has JUST gotten my health down below 30%), holy shit that's so satisfying. That's like just shitting in their mouth and then assaulting them with a big purple dildo.

Syclant (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Mountaineer
EVs: 92 HP/166 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Tail Glow
- Bug Buzz

And just when you thought 1 Opponent-1 Cup was done with, Syclant is like "What's a Blissey? What's a Cresselia? What's a Garchomp?"

Now, since I should be giving feedback about the CAP Pokemon...

Syclant is fine as is.
Whatever Revenankh's non-Shed Skin trait is, it needs to be Sand Veil. Mummies were found in the... DESERT. Then he'll fit perfectly into Sandstream teams :O

Just max speed on Syclant. Everyone uses it, so you'll want the speed tie. Same for Garchomp, except it's not used as much.

I prefer Shadow Sneak over Shadow Punch. Priority > 20 base power.

Thunder Fang Tyranitar....yeah...use Thunderbolt. Does more against everything. I think even Roar would be better than that, given the presence of Spikes and Stealth Rock on your team. tbh that Tyranitar set just looks like a jack of all trades, master of none.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Maxing Revvys HP will give it better overall durability and max gain from Leftovers. Def and Atk are afterthoughts when it comes to EVs with Bulk Up.

To build on what mekkah said...

The main advantage of Shadow Punch over Sneak is the ability to hit flyers and cress harder. Of course, flyers are generally bad news for you anyway regardless of which of those two moves are picked. I don't know if a power boost of 20 will save you from psychic cress either. Meanwhile Shadow Sneak is valuable against gengar, azelf, starmie, just about anything that resists fight yet isn't flying.

About Rev's ability, the other one is Air Lock so it can use moonlight in sandstorm weather. This was often considered the superior choice to shed rest before anybody tested it.

Yes, khold, but CAP is not about what you think, but what the community thinks. I would have advocated Sand Veil over Air Lock for the simple reason that Air Lock should have remained Rayquaza only, but it wasn't that way.

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
I understand that. I am only voicing my opinion because if this server IS about what I think it's about, I don't see a reason for me not to share my view on something this project board has created. I don't think that just because we're on the 3rd round of the CAP project we can't discuss possible changes to the previous outcomes of the CAP project.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Tyranitar
maybe put EQ over Tfang, and CB over Leftys

Garchomp
Brightpowder is not needed, try our yache or LO. Fire Blast could work over Fang.

Skarmory
More HP evs, less def?

Revenankh
More HP evs, Shadow sneak.

Syclant
max speed. try out Focus sash, but otherwise fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)