Solo-mon Challenge Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashe has Pikachu, Lance has Dragonite, and me? Well I own a cat. But that's beside the point. I introduce, the Solo-mon Challenge Series

What is the Solo-mon Challenge Series?
The Solo-Mon Challenge Series will essentially be a sort of mini-tournament. Each participant will get a Single Pokemon of their choice. They will register with that pokemon for the tournament. When the tournament commences, the players will know their opponent and their opponent's choice of pokemon. The two combatants will then compete in a best of 3 round set, each with only their chosen pokemon. However, between each round, the trainers will get to alter their pokemon in every way OTHER THAN the actual pokemon itself. Items, moves, EVs and IVs are all up for changing.

The purpose of this would be, of course, for fun, but also to see just how much of an impact item selection and pokemon customization can go to specify countering a single pokemon. Exactly how big of a difference does that berry change make? How much does that 252 EV in Defense help you against Scizor?

This is just the inquiry post at this point, if people are interested I'll certainly flesh out the post and be interesting in running it, I think it would be fun. However, if they're no interest there's no point in wasting the time.

Other ideas I have include limiting the total number of IVs allotted, just to add a further element of customization. However, I don't know if that's a good idea or not.

Concerns would be, yes, sometimes there will be a simple pokemon outclass. If you chose Tyranitar as your Pokemon and you're going against a Conkeldurr, you're probably going to lose. However, just how close to winning can you come with this disadvantage? It'll be luck of the draw, strategic pokemon choosing in the first place, and cunning customization at its best.

Let me know if you have ideas, thoughts, or interests into this. If it's the dumbest thing you've ever heard, I want to hear that.

Thank you all for your time!

We do have a 1v1 meta, I think. This would kind of be more of a cup, a tournament off of the 1v1 meta, and more centered around diversifying your pokemon to win rather than just having one set and hoping you beat your opponent. Whimsicott, for example, could potentially be beaten through having a multi hit move. (Not to say that Whimsicott wouldn't be banned from the tournament or something along those lines). I don't know if that made sense a lot. It's more about using your pokemon to its best ability against exactly one other pokemon, and you know which pokemon. Unlike 1v1, where you would have to have a slightly broader set going in, as you don't know which pokemon you'll be facing.

Don't we already have a 1v1 meta? And doesn't whimsicott break that meta?
1v1 doesn't let you plan ahead to change your pokemon, knowing your opponent ahead of time.

also Whimsicott is hard walled by Alakazam, Reuniclus, Sigilyph and all other grass types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)