Some drawings by thelaytonmobile

Hi, I'm thelaytonmobile, and I just started an art thread!
I'd say I have no fixed style, especially considering I like to go back and finish stuff I did ages ago.

Anyway, on to the art:

Cyndaquil, done on tablet:

A sharpie drawing of Giratina I scanned in over a year ago and then tweaked:

A recent graphics tablet drawing of Sneasel (improved version):

Absol vs Gardevoir, a quick drawing which was scanned and coloured:

Some sprites for the Amethyst Sprite Project:

These ones haven't panned out so well, for various reasons:

Some revamp sprites:

And a drawing of Natalie Portman I did in art club!:

Alakazam, with textures:

Anyway, feel free to comment, criticize, request, suggest, etc.!

Your revamps should go in the General Spriting Thread
The use of colour on the sneasel is lovely, but the shading looks a bit flat for that colouring style. Maybe blending it a bit would help with that. Also, I'm interested to see what the Absol and Gardevoir pic would look like with shading; the pose is lovely and dynamic but the piece feels a bit flat from just the plain colours.
Good luck with your thread :)

Your revamps should go in the General Spriting Thread
The use of colour on the sneasel is lovely, but the shading looks a bit flat for that colouring style. Maybe blending it a bit would help with that. Also, I'm interested to see what the Absol and Gardevoir pic would look like with shading; the pose is lovely and dynamic but the piece feels a bit flat from just the plain colours.
Good luck with your thread :)
Thanks for the feedback!
The sneasel probably could do with a bit more work, yeah.
And the Absol/Gardevoir pic was for the battle thread, so I was working as fast as I could. Perhaps I'll go back to it sometime!

I am guessing you're asking for critique too, so let me help myself.
I see a lot of potential in your Graphic tablet art work, It looks great. But perhaps you should consider making your colors run more smoothly next to each other, because they are looking kind of rough. I'd suggest working on that, if not, stick with flat coloring.

Well I'm not too good with my graphics tablet yet, and I'd never really tried that style before. But you're right, and I tried to make it better here:

Also here's a pencil drawing I did in my art club, though it hasn't scanned in very well:

Yeah, one of the guys at the club likes Natalie Portman, so... we drew her!

Another go at using a tablet. I went for simpler shading this time:

Again, comment, criticize, request etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)