Gen 3 someone fucking ban me already

Thought that would get your attention...

Snorlax (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Immunity
EVs: 172 HP / 142 Atk / 196 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brick Break
- Frustration
- Rock Slide
- Selfdestruct

Quite a bit defense to take hits while still hitting hard. Weird moveset but rock slide for Aerodactyl and Brick break for TTar, Earthquake is stupid because Meta will still beat me 1vs1. Rock slide does enough to Gengar.

Tauros (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 38 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Def / 156 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Iron Tail
- Return

Had CBgar before this but two normal CBers hit real hard.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 24 Spd / 88 SAtk / 98 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic

Before some people figure out the set half their team will be dead.

Heracross (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 232 HP / 16 Atk / 30 Def / 12 Spd / 220 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Megahorn
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This ruins so many teams and is one of the best Gengar counters in the game.

Magneton @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 228 HP / 136 Spd / 146 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic

As you can see Skarmory ruins my team so this is needed. Id usually use grass but alot of things on my team can handle Swampert but Flygon is very annoying so toxic/hp ice take care of him. Toxic can sometimes outstall Celebi if its the last poke and I have some other guys left, Protect is alot of fun.

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Protect
- Toxic
- Wish

Takes hits good, Annoys shit and recovers my team.

What do you think?

All I have got to say is that Salamence is the devil and the Heracross is a inspiration for me.

If you are going to CB Snorlax, why not just give it Focus Punch for tars? It's not like you're going to do a lot of switching lax straight into a tar and then brick breaking...are you?

Not every Tar runs from Snorlax.
Uh...so?

His Lax is Choice Banded, if he picks anything but Brick Break on the switch and Tar stays in he is screwed because he is Choice Banded.

The ONLY circumstance in which brick break is more useful than focus punch is switching lax into tar, and that is generally not a good idea.

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
It's for starter Tyranitars basically. Most of them will be CBed and use Focus Punch, predicting a switch.

Uh...so?

His Lax is Choice Banded, if he picks anything but Brick Break on the switch and Tar stays in he is screwed because he is Choice Banded.

The ONLY circumstance in which brick break is more useful than focus punch is switching lax into tar, and that is generally not a good idea.
You are opperating under the assumption that focus punch is a fail proof 150 BP fighting move that will hit whenever you want it to.

Yes, Its obvious that its for lead ttars since Im leading with Lax. Also, Alot of people on netbattle have a stupid habit of leaving the dumbest shit in so brick break is a bit safer.

This team is also a bit weak to ttar so I dont want to take any chances.

Pretty bad McGar problem; not sure if a recoverless Celeby and a SDEF Heracross can take the abuse.

Looks great. The only thing that I might change is putting Fly over protect on salamence. But I can understand why you chose not to. I just like using fly because it generally works for me. Holy shit! This is actually my first post on Evergrande city forums! I've been skulking in uncharted territory.

Ps. Fantastically witty thread title. I will steal it. Don't try to stop me.

this team could really use a rapid spinner since spikers can come in fairly easily and lay down a couple layers before they are dealt with. curselax can also be a bit troublesome if it is not dealt with as soon as it comes in.

this team could really use a rapid spinner since spikers can come in fairly easily and lay down a couple layers before they are dealt with. curselax can also be a bit troublesome if it is not dealt with as soon as it comes in.
He has Magneton and Wish support, so what exactly is the problem with Spikes?

He has Magneton and Wish support, so what exactly is the problem with Spikes?
because if he cant get magneton without a lot of serious prediction, then itll be hard to get skarmory. also, the lack of a spinner means that even if the spiker is dead, whatever spikes are out stay there. also, if the opponent is likely to kill something that hes trying to heal, then he ends up sacrificing.

because if he cant get magneton without a lot of serious prediction, then itll be hard to get skarmory. also, the lack of a spinner means that even if the spiker is dead, whatever spikes are out stay there. also, if the opponent is likely to kill something that hes trying to heal, then he ends up sacrificing.
The first sentence is either verbally screwed up or then I missed your point how Skarmory is hard to get with Magneton who traps it.

And what if the opponent has a Dusclops to block spin anyways? You're just making assumptions of fictional situations that, of course, could happen.

Wow, would it be possible that the opponent is trying to kill one of his mons? :o He can heal pretty safely with Salamence, because it has Protect. The sacrficing only comes from bad/good prediction from either side and shouldn't really be noted.

To some point, I do agree with you on the lack of a Spinner, because Forry is free to Spike even when Magneton is present and nothing can really hurt the aforementioned Dusclops except HP Ghost from Tauros, which is pretty predictable.

Avery, Medicham needs Rock Slide to get past Mence/Cross.

Not me dude, but it's not like that attitude gets you anywhere...

DDmence isn't going to have a very hard time with this team though.

Not me dude, but it's not like that attitude gets you anywhere...

DDmence isn't going to have a very hard time with this team though.
Sorry about that....Well I added Slaking over Tauros and if Lax/Slaking/Salamence are healthy enough I can take care of ddmence.
However, I do have a huge problem with special attacking salamence.

ive actually taken the basics of this team, and have been using it, and must commend you BLJ on it, since it's been working extremely well. i havent lost with it for 20 battles or so, and about half of those have been verse decent battlers.

problems ive encountered:
-hard hitting special attackers, but elemence specifically, as you mentioned. wish is always a bit sketchy, but being careful with lax i guess is the key.
-spikers not named skarm. eg forry, cloyster. i put HP fire over ice on maggy, just for forry, its working well, and just toxicing flygon on the switch is enough, since its walled by mence i found, and cant really do anything vs mence unless it has HP ice/dragon claw (rare)
-bad prediction with magneton WILL hurt, but its pretty easy to just switch from cross to magneton, predicting the switch to skarm.

theres just a lot of reliance on getting skarm with magneton, because otherwise, skarmbliss rapes. my last lost came from magneton being trapped by duggy (stupid move, could have been avoided), then skarm totalling walling 3/5 remaining pokes.

-im liking iron tail tauros
-2 intimidators work very nicely!
-celebi set is sexy, i like killing blisseys with it half the time (with no status move), even without recover--> giga drain is enough.

im sure you know these things though, just my take

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)