Suicune @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Tailwind
- Extreme Speed

I decided to use Suicune as my Extreme Speed contributor as it doesn't lose anything from not having extreme speed, and I've never used it before, it was an added bonus when I could improve on his resto-chesto set, with him able to pull it off multiple times with recycle, while also being able to trap mons it walls with galvantula's spider web

Diggersby @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Recycle
- Spikes

This thing is gonna be scary, REALLY scary, as seen in STABmons, to be perfectly honest, I think it needs a suspect, it's ability to destroy so much of any meta is ridiculous, while not being a deadweight, as it is able to pass on some pretty good moves itself.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Belly Drum
- Soft-Boiled

This thing has improved in someways, as it can now serve as a lead as well as a wall, though it doesn't have any reliable recovery anymore, as I couldn't find room in its set, but, I think it will be quite good at hazard stacking with its amazing bulk, and it now having one of the best moves in the game in scald

Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Scald
- Calm Mind

The one thing that really hurt alomomola was the fact it had no reliable recovery asides from switching out, which meant that the opponent, if it got hazards up, could really tear through alomomola providing they got some damage off while it was in, but that's been fixed by clefable, giving it soft-boiled to restore health.

Dragalge @ Draco Plate
Ability: Adaptability
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Scald
- Haze

This thing is here mainly for its move passing, but it's wall breaking potential is huge, dealing massive damage with adaptability sludge wave and Draco, and now able to set up with calm mind from alomomola, and also provide momentum through galvantula so volt switch, this thing is a great specially attackng wallbreaker to complement diggersby

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Sticky Web
- Volt Switch
- Spider Web

This is my alternative lead option to clefable, able to set up webs, or come in late game on a set-up sweeper and stop it in its tracks, while also providing good move passing in momentum and trapping to dragalge and suicune respectively

So, this team started off with me wanting to use belly speed diggers by, and evolved from there

Last edited:
If you like crazy setup sweepers, here's a list of the power setup moves and some viable users (especially bolded ones):

Shell Smash
Omastar
Shuckle

Barbaracle
Carracosta
Cloyster
Crustle
Gorebyss
Huntail

Quiver Dance
Volcarona
Masquerain
Venomoth
Vivillon

Belly Drum
Azumarill
Charizard
Clefable
Slowbro

Chesnaught
Darmanitan
Magmortar
Politoed
Snorlax

EDIT: Could've mentioned Shift Gear, but only Klinklang (lol) and Genesect (banned) get it.

Maleovex

Lt. Col. of The Kyergrzstan Killer Beez
If you like crazy setup sweepers, here's a list of the power setup moves and some viable users (especially bolded ones):

Shell Smash
Omastar
Shuckle

Barbaracle
Carracosta
Cloyster
Crustle
Gorebyss
Huntail

Quiver Dance
Volcarona
Masquerain
Venomoth
Vivillon

Belly Drum
Azumarill
Charizard
Clefable
Slowbro

Chesnaught
Darmanitan
Magmortar
Politoed
Snorlax

EDIT: Could've mentioned Shift Gear, but only Klinklang (lol) and Genesect (banned) get it.
And if you were more into the wall side of things *cough* Adrian Marin *cough*
Here's some cosmic power users

Claydol
Clefable

Jirachi
Lopunny
Sigilyph
Starmie

I was gonna do Swords Dance, but just do /ds swords dance, all and you'll see why I couldn't be bothered xD

Notably, Mew gets Transform while not being useless like Ditto. Could make an interesting pass to some high HP mon (CHANSEY).
Why does everyone want a pseudo imposter chansey? It just won't be as good knowing it requires a turn to set up.

See, the problem with Boomburst is that you don't have very good Pokemon if you use it. Honestly, the only two users that are halfway decent that aren't neutered without it are Flygon and Noivern. I can see Noivern being popular though. It has blazing fast speed so you might be able to give it some nice support options. I can't help but think it has most of the moves it needs for attacking.
The question is what Noivern combos well with. As far as Boomburst-passing, your options are basically: Sylveon, Aurorus, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Glalie, Mega Altaria. (Preferably one being given Quiver Dance by something for the latter two) Mega Gardevoir can pass some interesting stuff, including Will O Wisp -Infiltrator Will O Wisp is actually cool- Destiny Bond, screens, Healing Wish, Heal Bell, and Thunder Wave. Which is another interesting pairing with Infiltrator) If you're passing something like Quiver Dance to Noivern, it can also be an interesting Stored Power user.

Sylveon has a similar movepool, but two things leap at me: Baton Pass and Magic Coat. Also Psychic Up I guess.

Aurorus... doesn't actually offer a lot for Noivern not offered by one of the prior two. Stealth Rock is about it.

Altaria can actually donate a lot of interesting Status moves, but the biggest one is if you're running Special Mega Altaria and Physical Noivern then Altaria can freely donate Dragon Dance.

Glalie provides some interesting options in Disable, Hex, Freeze Dry, Frost Breath, Icy Wind...

Overall I think Mega Gardevoir and Sylveon tend to mesh best with Noivern, even though Mega Glalie has some uniquely cool moves.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Belly Drum
- Soft-Boiled
You can't have Unaware and Softboiled on Clefable at the same time. Clefable has to either be Magic Guard or settle for passing Wish or Moonlight.

I have a team and am hanging out in othermetas, it probably sucks but I'd like to test it :)

on that note, Manaphy and Mega Pinsir are cool mons, confirming

Maleovex

Lt. Col. of The Kyergrzstan Killer Beez
The question is what Noivern combos well with. As far as Boomburst-passing, your options are basically: Sylveon, Aurorus, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Glalie, Mega Altaria. (Preferably one being given Quiver Dance by something for the latter two) Mega Gardevoir can pass some interesting stuff, including Will O Wisp -Infiltrator Will O Wisp is actually cool- Destiny Bond, screens, Healing Wish, Heal Bell, and Thunder Wave. Which is another interesting pairing with Infiltrator) If you're passing something like Quiver Dance to Noivern, it can also be an interesting Stored Power user.

Sylveon has a similar movepool, but two things leap at me: Baton Pass and Magic Coat. Also Psychic Up I guess.

Aurorus... doesn't actually offer a lot for Noivern not offered by one of the prior two. Stealth Rock is about it.

Altaria can actually donate a lot of interesting Status moves, but the biggest one is if you're running Special Mega Altaria and Physical Noivern then Altaria can freely donate Dragon Dance.

Glalie provides some interesting options in Disable, Hex, Freeze Dry, Frost Breath, Icy Wind...

Overall I think Mega Gardevoir and Sylveon tend to mesh best with Noivern, even though Mega Glalie has some uniquely cool moves.

You can't have Unaware and Softboiled on Clefable at the same time. Clefable has to either be Magic Guard or settle for passing Wish or Moonlight.
Oh, so are move illegalities still in place? jackm

cri

canno

formerly The Reptile
Serperior is an interesting Pokemon in this meta. The obvious choice would be something that can give it Overheat, as it provides good coverage and also boosts Serperiors SpA. Serperior also has some interesting things to give to its teammates as well, such as Taunt, Pursuit, Glare, Leech Seed, Coil and some strange coverage moves such as Aqua Tail, Iron Tail, Leaf Blade, and Knock Off. An example of this is Talonflame, who can give Serperior Overheat while gaining either Leaf Blade (hits Rotom-Wash and Tyranitar) or Aqua Tail (hits Heatran and Tyranitar), both of which hit Rock-types SE or even Coil (to abuse with a more inaccurate coverage from another teammate). Another interesting option is Victini, as your opponent has to guess whether you have V-Create or Overheat.

Shedinja @ Focus Sash / Lum Berry
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Baton Pass/filler
- Shadow Sneak
- Endeavor
- Camouflage/Conversion

Have fun ;)

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Shedinja @ Focus Sash / Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Baton Pass/filler
- Shadow Sneak
- Endeavor
- Camouflage/Conversion

Have fun ;)
Conversion/Camoflage doesn't sound like a good move to run on this. Something that would be cool, however, would be this:

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Def (makes Download boost Atk)
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Baton Pass
- Shadow Sneak
- Endeavor
- Recycle

That way, when your sash is busted, you can switch out and then come back in on something which can't touch you to recycle your sash.

What are you recieving Endeavor from? And what will you provide in return? I suppose Black Kyurem is a good donor of Endeavor, but Shedinja has little options about what moves to pass over. I suppose Trick works for Kyu-B. Azumarill or Starmie could give Camouflage. Shedinja should hand over Baton Pass to Azumarill, as it could turn an E-Speed user into a monster using DrumPass (while still being beastly itself). Starmie could possibly benefit from Giga Drain.

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Electrify
- Focus Blast

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ice
- Ice Beam / Focus Blast
- Electrify

Yep. It's back. The only downside is that neither of these Pokemon have any moves worth giving to Heliolisk.

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Electrify
- Focus Blast

Yep. It's back. The only downside is that neither of these Pokemon have any moves worth giving to Heliolisk.
Leafstorm (or any other grass move) could be decent I guess, for ohkoing mons that surf cant kill.

Not sure that Jolteon is worth it though, since you dont get any more special attack after using electrify

These sets are all on different teams BTW

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Spore
- Recover
Better hope you have a grass type

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Timid Nature
-
-
-
- Boomburst
BOOOOOOOOOM

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
-
- Hurricane
- Inferno
- Zap Cannon
Spread the status

Noivern @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Boomburst
- Dragon Pulse
- Air Slash
Fear the tail

Diggersby @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance / Earthquake / Knock Off
- Extreme Speed

Support needed: Teambuilding: Extreme Speed donor, SD/EQ/Koff donor (a huge number of Pokemon can do this). In-battle: Speed control against Rock/Ghost/Steel-types, possibly a pivot switch (or it just comes in on a teammate fainting).
Support provided: Teambuilding: Donor of Agility, Bulk Up, Elemental Punches, Foul Play, Grass Knot, Gunk Shot, Hammer Arm, Iron Head, Koff/EQ (whichever isn't donated to it), Sludge Bomb, Spikes, Stone Edge, Superpower, Surf, U-Turn, and/or Wild Charge. In-battle: Revenge killer, setup sweeper, cleaner, wallbreaker.

Counters: None. At +2, it has the power to 2HKO the whole (non-Uber) game short of, like, fully defensive Skarmory that's already lost its item but is somehow at full HP. Against which Diggersby can set up another Swords Dance if it gets cheeky and tries to use anything but Whirlwind. Short of that, nothing can consistently switch in on all of Diggersby's moves.

Checks: Gengar switches in on Espeed or Earthquake and can OHKO with a Super-Effective move. Faster Steel-, Rock-, and Ghost-types in general can all take on Extreme Speeds and hit Diggersby back. Pre-mega Sableye doesn't care about Extreme Speed and can put Diggs to sleep, Topsy-Turvy it, etc. Faster Espeed users such as Mega Lopunny/Altaria/Glalie/Pinsir outprioritize it, but can't switch in (except for Mega Pinsir on EQ). Defensively-EV'd Intimidators that aren't weak to any of Diggersby's moves (Gyarados and Lando-T come to mind) can do the job too.

A more powerful (but much less consistent) option for Diggersby is to have Knock Off and Earthquake naturally and donate it Extreme Speed and Belly Drum. I prefer Swords Dance just because I can afford to mess up a little by using that at an inopportune time; Belly Drum, not so much.

Anyways, Diggersby's ability to fulfill almost every role on offensive teams (and give Spikes or Super Fang to a potential hazard stacker :o) makes it so that, as far as I can tell, there needs to be a compelling reason for your team to NOT run it.

Now, onto a more FUN set!

SKILL (Togekiss) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Scald
- Moonblast

A scarfer with defensive utility: 60% chances to inflict burns or drop Special Attack (the latter on a STAB move), on top of Togekiss's signature skillful 60% flinch rate; all of this can help Togekiss launch more attacks, making up for its low power. Not to mention that this set has stellar Super-Effective coverage, which also circumvents its low power and increases its swag.

Good Moonblast donors are Mega Altaria, Cresselia, Mega Gardevoir, Jirachi, Sylveon, and Whimsicott; I find Manaphy to be the best Scald donor, as with Tail Glow it isn't banking on Scald burns anyways and can just run Surf. Plus, Togekiss can give it Baton Pass :o

----

Another thing I want to highlight is Shuckle. Traditionally held back by its utter passivity and lack of recovery, Something Borrowed can fix that by granting it instant recovery, a status move like Will-O-Wisp, Super Fang or Pain Split to inflict damage, you name it! And in return, Shuckle provides a few usable physical moves, Sticky Web and Stealth Rock, and Shell Smash. Looks like it could be a great addition to Hyper Offense and Balanced builds.

And by the way, if you're looking to just run one Espeeder and be done with it, your best bet is Mega Lopunny, as it cleanly outspeeds all other viable users and can pair it with Fake Out and a Fighting STAB.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What are you recieving Endeavor from? And what will you provide in return? I suppose Black Kyurem is a good donor of Endeavor, but Shedinja has little options about what moves to pass over. I suppose Trick works for Kyu-B. Azumarill or Starmie could give Camouflage. Shedinja should hand over Baton Pass to Azumarill, as it could turn an E-Speed user into a monster using DrumPass (while still being beastly itself). Starmie could possibly benefit from Giga Drain.
Well, seeing as it is primarily seen on defensive teams, Shedinja could take Endeavor from Chansey while passing it Final Gambit (guaranteed OHKO on anything bar Blissey/HP-invested Chansey from full health; useful if you desparately need to eliminate something), and it takes Recycle from Gothitelle in exchange for Heal Block (which is big considering it lets Gothitelle do its job even better/quicker)

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed

Support needed: Teambuilding: Extreme Speed donor, SD/EQ/Koff donor (a huge number of Pokemon can do this). In-battle: Speed control against Rock/Ghost/Steel-types, possibly a pivot switch (or it just comes in on a teammate fainting).
Support provided: Teambuilding: Donor of Agility, Bulk Up, Elemental Punches, Foul Play, Grass Knot, Gunk Shot, Hammer Arm, Iron Head, Koff/EQ (whichever isn't donated to it), Sludge Bomb, Spikes, Stone Edge, Superpower, Surf, U-Turn, and/or Wild Charge. In-battle: Revenge killer, setup sweeper, cleaner, wallbreaker.

Counters: None. At +2, it has the power to 2HKO the whole (non-Uber) game short of, like, fully defensive Skarmory that's already lost its item but is somehow at full HP. Against which Diggersby can set up another Swords Dance if it gets cheeky and tries to use anything but Whirlwind. Short of that, nothing can consistently switch in on all of Diggersby's moves.

Checks: Gengar switches in on Espeed or Earthquake and can OHKO with a Super-Effective move. Faster Steel-, Rock-, and Ghost-types in general can all take on Extreme Speeds and hit Diggersby back. Pre-mega Sableye doesn't care about Extreme Speed and can put Diggs to sleep, Topsy-Turvy it, etc. Faster Espeed users such as Mega Lopunny/Altaria/Glalie/Pinsir outprioritize it, but can't switch in (except for Mega Pinsir on EQ). Defensively-EV'd Intimidators that aren't weak to any of Diggersby's moves (Gyarados and Lando-T come to mind) can do the job too.

A more powerful (but much less consistent) option for Diggersby is to have Knock Off and Earthquake naturally and donate it Extreme Speed and Belly Drum. I prefer Swords Dance just because I can afford to mess up a little by using that at an inopportune time; Belly Drum, not so much.

Anyways, Diggersby's ability to fulfill almost every role on offensive teams (and give Spikes or Super Fang to a potential hazard stacker :o) makes it so that, as far as I can tell, there needs to be a compelling reason for your team to NOT run it.
Diggersby doesn't need a Knock Off donor. It already has Knock Off. Honestly, if possible I'd arrange to grant it Shell Smash from something that doesn't want it -Shuckle, say. Or some obnoxious utility move -like Scarfing it and having something pass it Trick/Switcheroo- or whatever. Donating Knock Off only makes sense if you can't do better in replacing something else. (eg even Dragon Dance would arguably be an overall improvement over Swords Dance)

Diggersby doesn't need a Knock Off donor. It already has Knock Off. Honestly, if possible I'd arrange to grant it Shell Smash from something that doesn't want it -Shuckle, say. Or some obnoxious utility move -like Scarfing it and having something pass it Trick/Switcheroo- or whatever. Donating Knock Off only makes sense if you can't do better in replacing something else. (eg even Dragon Dance would arguably be an overall improvement over Swords Dance)
Shell Smash is a meme a good option, though I personally hate how fragile it makes you -- I almost feel like I would have to run White Herb or Focus Sash with it if I want to ever sweep, which then makes unboosted Diggersby weaker. Dragon Dance is nice I guess, but it has more trouble with scarfers and walls, since many scarfers outspeed it at +1 and can at least take one +1 Espeed, but not a +2 Espeed, while walls obviously hate +2 Diggersby more than +1. I like Swords Dance the most, TBH.

Trick-Scarf is a fun option to cripple a wall, but Diggersby can also pretty reliably do that by attacking, so idk.

As a technicality, though: if you only want to give it one move it doesn't already have, though, then you do need something to give Diggersby one of the moves it learns naturally -- if not Knock Off, then SD or EQ or whatever. It donates two slots whether it wants to or not.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-278050266

Akumeoy and I played an inaugural match today (in which I managed to get 6-0'ed lol). Unfortunately, a unlucky Freeze threw the game dynamic for a loop and led to it not being really as interesting as it could have been, but anyways, here's the team I was using:
Kingdra @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Energy
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Overheat

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Drill Peck
- Dragon Dance

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Volt Switch
- Spore
- Stealth Rock

Amoonguss @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Metal Burst
- U-turn

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Bolt Strike
- Synthesis

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Waterfall
- Megahorn

If anyone else wants to play or test teams, hit me up on Showdown when I'm on.

Conversion/Camouflage doesn't sound like a good move to run on this. Something that would be cool, however, would be this:

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Def (makes Download boost Atk)
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Baton Pass
- Shadow Sneak
- Endeavor
- Recycle

That way, when your sash is busted, you can switch out and then come back in on something which can't touch you to recycle your sash.
Recycle honestly does not sound that great (unless you also run camouflage, but then you lose out on endeavor). The problem with recycle is that even though you can theoretically be impervious to attacks by continually recycling your focus sash, you won't actually be doing anything other than wasting your opponent's fire blasts. And since Shedinja is so ridiculously slow, once it's hit by a super effective attack and doesn't use recycle on the same turn, it cannot save itself other than by switching out - although agility can somewhat remedy this, not only that but your recycle attempts will be shut down by taunt. To make matters worse Shedinja is weak to 5 of the MOST COMMON attacking types in the game, meaning there's not a lot of stuff Shedinja can stay in against. Lastly, what happens if your opponent uses the omnipresent knock off? Recycle essentially becomes a wasted moveslot.
However if you run camouflage, most if not all of these problems are eradicated. You won't need to constantly recycle your focus sash because a sole weakness to fighting is several magnitudes better than weaknesses to rock, fire, flying, dark and ghost (especially an immunity to knock off).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)