Gen 2 Something that works. Maybe. Haven't tried.

Been wanting to make something like this for a while to show how broken LK Lax is. Untested [for obvious reasons], so not really tried and true.

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
- Crunch
- Dynamicpunch
- Pursuit
- Thunderbolt

Part 1 of 2. Handles Ghosts, that otherwise give Snorlax trouble. Dynamicpunch so I don't end up being walled by something as stupid as Blissey, or some brave Snorlax. Doubles as a mixed sweeper against lesser teams.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
- Belly Drum
- Body Slam/Return
- Lovely Kiss
- Rest

Part 2 of 2. LK should be bannable on Snorlax. This is why.

Starmie @ Leftovers
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Reflect
- Surf

Baits said Ghost, if there is one behind that spiker. Reflect allows for reckless drum. Covers everything Machamp. Still stick with Surf > Psychic because I don't care about Gengar switch-ins, or if Tentacruel tries to setup against me, and with Reflect, it still handles Machamp just fine. This lets me do something against the odd Marowak setup, or Rhydon, or whatever other hard hitter Raikou had to switch out against.

Raikou @ Leftovers
- Reflect
- Rest
- Roar
- Thunderbolt

Standard phazer part 1. Walls a surprisingly large number of mixed sweepers, especially with Reflect. Also, more reckless drum. An electric is needed on any team that doesn't want to be last Poke Vaporeon'd. Contemplating between this and Ttar as the starter.

Skarmory (M) @ (No Item)
- Drill Peck
- Rest
- Thief
- Whirlwind

Standard phazer part 2. Steals from something useful, hopefully. Maybe Curse instead. Idk, untested.

Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
- Body Slam/Return
- Growl
- Heal Bell
- Milk Drink

Utility. This also walls a surprising number of mixed sweepers.

There's not too many holes that let offensive Pokemon setup. My Snorlax/Ttar both hit your common sweeper hard, Raikou/Starmie both pass screens, no physical sweeper sets up against Skarm, and Miltank handles every curser just fine (and Return does more than enough to a Drumlax to prevent it from drumming). LK Nido gives me problems. Tyranitar/Starmie would generally be the best sacrifice depending on their team.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Oh God no, not LK Drumlax! It's going to kill us all!

You probably know more than I what you're doing, but I can try to throw some remarks at you regarding your uncertainties:

Is Ttar really a good lead? Personally, I can't think of any lead at the moment that he matches up against better than Raikou. Raikou even gets to set up Reflect, while Tyranitar is met by Suicune or something else that walls/threatens it as it launches off a (probably) resisted attack. Perhaps I'm underestimating the fact that his movepool can scare people into making silly predictions from turn 1, and overestimating the number of good switch-ins to Ttar, I'll let you be the judge of that. However, my vote goes to lead Raikou, though I guess since this is GSC, it doesn't matter too terribly much.

BS/Return on Lax: Personally, I'd go with the power. Ideally, Skarm will be put to sleep anyway, and isn't BS most useful if you have a Marowak waiting to capitalize off of combined FP/Flinch Hax? Besides, it'd be pretty annoying if you were to paralyze Skarm on the switch instead of sleeping it, forcing you to rely on FP to incapacitate Skarm.

My vote is curse for Skarm. Gives you that extra bit of Defense you'll need for Drumlax and Clubwak as you try to phaze them. Thief has the potential to ruin either one of these guys, and can lead to very nasty mindgames, but at the end of the day, it takes a hella lot of prediction to not ultimately be a waste of a moveslot. I've been disappointed by Thief skarm's performance in the past, as it more often than not stole lefties from something less than game-breaking, such as Raikou, Cloyster, or even the odd Forry.

I really wouldn't know whether to put BS or Return on Miltank. Probably Return to guarantee that Drumlax won't set up on you, and because everyone expects Miltank to try to paralyze with BS anyway.

Also, an idea I had while thinking about Ttar: is Tbolt, the bog standard for the ghostbuster set, really the best choice? It's meant to hit Skarm and Suicune, right? Well, Skarm shouldn't be switching into Ttar anyway, and ST Cune doesn't mind Tbolt too much, though it can be an effective deterrent at low %'s. Still, I feel that this Ttar set leaves him open to a possible Marowak switch-in, and frankly, I'd rather give Suicune a free switch than give Marowak an easy switch. I realize that Crunch does ~1/3 to Marowak, but is that enough? Or does it not matter, since you'll likely be using Pursuit to kill the ghost as your opponent switches to Marowak, and then you'll just bring in Skarm anyway?

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
pokemon master coming through stand back

Better rethink your resiliency against the true offensive powerhouses of this generation. Reflect + Surf Starmie combined with Skarmory actually do a good job relative to what most teams have but you only get one chance to steal Marowak's Thick Club and Curse/Meditate Machamp still kicks your ass. There's not much you can do about it though, they beat everything given the proper support.

Tbolt is fine on T-Tar there, Dynamicpunch is what needs to be dumped. Blissey isn't "walling" T-Tar anyway unless it has Growl, in which case Dynamicpunch won't help unless you hit first shot and it hits itself in confusion. (Woo, 25% chance good work.) Just use Rock Slide or Ice Beam or whatever.

An Electric pokémon without Hidden Power is not worth using, yo.

Go ahead and use Body Slam on Miltank. You're already using Growl, might as well use Body Slam for the PAR chance or you're just using a moveset that is better done by Blissey.

@Mr.E: Wait what? Stealing Thick Club definitely isn't a priority. I'll settle with Leftovers from Suicune/Skarmory/Snorlax/something that doesn't heal.

Curse Machamp running Cross Chop has less than a 1/4 (?) chance to KO Starmie before its PP runs out (assuming all 8 goes towards hitting Starmie). And half (?) the time it's successful doing that, it won't have enough to KO anyone else. Machamp needs CH hits, consecutive ones, at the correct time to get starmie off Reflect. Then it needs to connect at least 2 more CCs to kill Starmie. I don't remember how I got these values, but it's in the right ballpark -- odds are definitely against Machamp. Try it if you don't believe me. One running Vital Throw just doesn't do enough damage. All the while, Starmie 3HKOs with a CH.

DP is more so for Snorlax, and the odd mirror match. Mostly for the former. Thinking about Rock Slide.

Ignoring the Smogon ban on HP legends, you're still wrong.

Growl Blissey certainly does not do a better job than Miltank. I don't even think that statement makes any sense. Your first option against a Curselax should not be an active Blissey by any stretch.

@Magnuss: DE is an option too. But assuming you sleep Skarmory, I don't think that really matters.

@Jorgen: The lead thing is really up for grabs. Ttar does give me some early damage, chip damage if you will. Raikou does a better job scouting.

Paralysis always comes in handy for a team that's not terribly fast. I can't think of an exact example atm, but there probably are several instances where it may prove to be better. Both are, more or less, 3HKOs on Skarm, but it's still really a tossup between the three I guess.

Tbolt is hardly the standard for Tyranitar, if he even has a standard. If anything, I'd say Fire Blast is. Tbolt has a horrendous chance of killing Suicune (never, bar CH). Rock Slide might prove to be better though, for Tyranitar. Might even end up with Crunch, Pursuit, Rock Slide, Rest should I go even more defensive with this team. I'm not sure yet.

On the whole, I just realized this is a horrible example of how dominant LK Snorlax could be. Fire Blast/Flamethrower would probably be more effective than LK on a team like this.

havoc

pottlepalooza
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
two Reflects AND Growl is a bit overkill. I know you want to "reckless Drum" and all, but I mean, it's not like you're using weak pokemon or anything. is Raikou really that useless besides being fast and having high SpDef? are you really that paranoid of fast sweepers?

with only one real status move (which isn't much of a surprise anymore), ie without any kind of "real" paralysis and no poison support, and without Spikes, you may have two Reflects and Growl, but you're, in a way, prone to Explosion teams which kind of thrive off of paralysis. Explosion teams have the advantage when THEY get to decide when to Explode, and when you don't have anything that can really force them to do anything drastic, they can switch back and forth just as much as you do.

also, it's my opinion that every GSC team needs a Sleep Talker. otherwise one of your pieces is completely out of commission when I switch in Exeggutor on Starmie or Raikou--and when you lead with Tyranitar, it's not like you have some crazy surprise waiting for me. or when I match your Tyranitar lead with my Nidoking lead (both Nidoking and Exeggutor are prevalent on Explosion teams). or when I bust out natalie (LK/ML/IB/Nightmare Jynx for the uninitiated) on your team.

you might be able to contain most mixed attackers, but there are some that will still give you problems--you mentioned Nidoking already, but he isn't quite the only one. a great one is the underrated Porygon2; Cursing isn't his job doncha know! I think his best set is Recover/DE/Thunder Wave/ElecAtk--Ice Beam is the most popular but I think Thunder(bolt) is better, Steelix isn't wreaking havoc on teams and Rhydon isn't popular anymore (he should be though). it's great because your team is actually pretty fast--Starmie, Raikou, and Miltank heavily rely on their Speed to be effective--and the only thing that can really counter it is Tyranitar, which is relying on a 50% accurate move with 8 PP and no recovery! P2 could even sit there and let Tyranitar miss a couple of times since it has Recover, and should you opt for Rock Slide, P2 definitely wins. everything else is either crippled by Thunder(bolt), hit for an always decent chunk by DE, or they could just get hit with Thunder Wave! paralysis is making a comeback in this hypothetical GSC metagame I gotta speculate!

also that Porygon2 set I mentioned is great for those pesky Suicunes who think they can just wall mixed attackers!

all of these teams are looking very same-y these days...and it seems like they rely on everyone using standard sets. I guess it's effective, but making an effective counter pokemon isn't exactly too hard...

Raikou really doesn't do too much after being a premier special wall, especially not without spikes support. Sure I could throw on Crunch instead of Reflect, but does that really make Raikou that much of an offensive threat. Albeit, I do agree, clocking in at 7 offensive attacks is a bit low, and it's horrendously Snorlax reliant, I don't think I can do too much without sacrificing a whole lot more. Ditching Starmie for Cloyster might a possibility, but that just lets Machamp run absolutely rampant. Starmie for Egg? Perhaps, that gives me status, but Egg without a spiker is still very lackluster. Raikou/Miltank would have to go to open up a slot for a spiker, but losing Miltank slows Snorlax down a whole lot, and losing Raikou makes me Snorlax dependent against special attackers. Go figure. And this certainly isn't the fastest team in the world to be comfortably allowing so many openings. The lack of offense is really hindering the effectiveness of this team. In my two hasty practice runs (very hasty mind you), I found myself with no option to turn to to force the switches I needed, to bring an advantageous matchup to let me bring in Snorlax. That was definitely the biggest problem. Raikou was also a huge opening, giving a free switch to grounds (which in this case, was Nidoking), whom I had little answer for.

I don't think Sleep Talkers are an absolute necessity. Apart from Suicune, there's really no Pokemon that could reliably take sleep from both Exeggutor and Nidoking (and certainly not Snorlax, which I guess is the point of this thread). You're always playing a risk anyway, and since you're willing to take that risk (assuming your STer isn't aforementioned Suicune), you might as well gamble that someone on your team is dispensable in a given battle.

I've definitely been underrating paralysis lately. It's dropped off the map of GSC for me in recent years. I've never been a huge fan of Twave after dropping it back in 04 on Zapdos (for WW), then eventually Starmie, I miss it some. I've had a brief fetish in 08 for the 30% moves (thunder/BS) and haven't really looked back since. Maybe it's time to bring sexy back, who knows.

Should I opt for Rock Slide, I'd end up opting for Rest as well. I bet Crunch will make pgon2 switch before IB/Tbolt/DE does ttar. But that's beside the point, because I won't opt for RS/Rest over DP/Tbolt. Making an already gruesomely slow, one-dimensional offensive team more defensive is counterproductive.

Funny thing about you mentioning that bit on tbolt vs ice beam on pgon2. You make the decision, on paper, that tbolt is the obvious choice. But in the end, I'm willing to bet that in an anonymous poll for most players, after looking at team composition, 10% freeze vs 10% paralyze, and the whole nine yards, ice beam will win out on more teams than tbolt. From a defensive perspective, what's more dangerous, an active Rhydon or an active Suicune? That IB will thwart any Rhydons trying to switch-in, whereas because of the numbers Tbolt offers (just falling short of 3HKO), some might gamble with Suicune. That leads to KOs. Sometimes. On the flip side, IB might lure audacious Skarmory to play the same numbers game, perhaps not on the same level as Suicune, but still a probability nonetheless. And that freeze thing is definitely just butter.

I'm probably te last person remaining that sitll really cares about... "these days". And even then, it's very little. I'll have my days where I just feel like talking about Pokemon, but that's getting rarer and rarer. And it only lasts some 30 minutes tops (this post has been sitting in notepad for about 3 days). I just don't care anymore. Well that's a lie. And I wouldn't exactly consider that pgon2 a counter pokemon, but it's definitely giving me a new look on the whole paralysis thing that's been lost in time.

I haven't really sat down and thought about the team and its problems (or Pokemon in general). Bleh, it's getting hard to find the free time, and even harder to dedicate that rare free time to... nostalgia. But my guess is that the most effective way to go with it is just FB over LK. Replacing Starmie's move some with a combination of either Surf, IB, Tbolt/Thunder, Psychic, pick 2, dropping Reflect. Then Raikou with another offensive threat (maybe, this change isn't necessary, depending on your pace). But that's not of interest to me. I've wanted to make something that really slows how broken LK Snorlax can be. Oh well. I'm all Nyquiled out at the moment.

I'll whip up some more in-head teams. I'm trying to recall my "overcentralize" series of teams, namely the drumzard one. And the Vaporeon one too. Those were fun. Super high risk, medium reward.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
Well, it's hard to demonstrate something is broken that isn't. :P The standard Curselax can't pull a surprise kill out of nowhere but it's extremely dangerous precisely because of the defense boost Curse gives it. Marowak can no longer 2HKO (or switch into Belly Drum and OHKO, lol), Machamp can only threaten a 25% crit while getting its ass beat the rest of the time, Exploders can't just come in and kill it while it sets up. Curse Skarmory is the only thing that can straight-up beat it... which is the only reason Skarmory ever became OU at all.

Snorlax is resilient but not quite enough to make using Belly Drum easy, as the premier special attacks can still hit for 20-25% on it and even weak physical attackers (e.g. Miltank) do that much. It's difficult to ever profitably Belly Drum. The best Drumlax can usually do is nab a surprise kill on unsuspecting Blissey, or trade with Gengar as it suicides with Explosion/DBond.

@Mr.E: Wait what? Stealing Thick Club definitely isn't a priority. I'll settle with Leftovers from Suicune/Skarmory/Snorlax/something that doesn't heal.
Just taking something's Leftovers isn't worth wasting a move slot, especially when you're not even using Spikes to further wear them down on switch-ins. Stealing Thick Club should be your priority. It sucks at doing that anyway (hence why I will never recommend anybody using Thief on Skarmory in the first place) but if that's not even your major concern, then don't waste your time. Use Curse, or another pokémon entirely.

Curse Machamp running Cross Chop...
Using HP Bug or HP Ghost. Those doofy Sleep Talk, mono-attacking Machamps I've seen random people using lately (because I have to pay attention to this stuff, playing GSC in SPL) are stupid and will also do nothing against your Starmie. I'm more just saying that you can never truly be impervious against Marowak or Machamp, unless you used Psychic on this same Starmie. Never Marowak, though...

You're correct, I'm technically wrong about Hidden Power thing. Raikou is "acceptable" with Crunch. :P It hits Eggy and can wear things down with special defense drops. But no Electric pokémon should be completely unable to hit Ground pokémon. Marowak is just too dangerous and Nidoking looks like it can cause your team trouble as well, you'd welcome the ability to wear them down over time (or kill them at low health). Growth-passing Eeveelutions are rare and typically not that big of a threat anyway, so I don't know why you think you need two pseudo-hazers. You're not even using Spikes, so there's no advantage to it that way either. Whirlwind is fine on Skarmory, as it deals with all the relevant things you might think about blowing away, but Roar on Raikou is weak. Crunch or Hidden Power will serve you much better in that move slot and, thanks to yours truly, HP is no longer banned on legendaries either FYI.

Growl or not, neither Miltank nor Blissey should be your first option against Snorlax. Growl is more like "I don't want Curselax switching into me and doing mean things." You don't use it so you can switch into Curselax, you use it so Curselax can't switch in against you. Blissey does Growl better because it already deters special attackers from coming in, ensuring Growl hits something relevant when they switch. Miltank is just as liable to be met by Zapdos or some other primarily special attacker. Body Slam gives you some advantage over Blissey, the ability to spread paralysis, so use it.

Return isn't even necessary as "Drumlax protection." It doesn't 2HKO Snorlax anyway (after a Belly Drum + Leftovers), it just leaves it at ~6% instead of ~15% after two hits. If it chooses to attack (and kill Miltank), it's weak enough to be killed anyway. If it Rests, you just bring in Skarmory and Whirlwind it away. Who knows, with Body Slam you might even PAR/fp and end up killing it!

Raikou/Miltank would have to go to open up a slot for a spiker, but losing Miltank slows Snorlax down a whole lot, and losing Raikou makes me Snorlax dependent against special attackers.

Raikou was also a huge opening, giving a free switch to grounds (which in this case, was Nidoking), whom I had little answer for.
See: Blissey. SAlso: Using Hidden Power on Raikou like I told you. >:o

Well, it's hard to demonstrate something is broken that isn't.
It is. Snorlax is easily a top 4 Pokemon in GSC (factoring in Ubers), top 3 really (in a tie with Lugia, who's more useful in an Uber environment than Snorlax, but probably less useful in an OU environment). Now what justification could you possibly have for making the best, better? And a 192 accuracy gamebreaking sleep move of all things. Apart from single-turn recovery, there really isn't any other move that would make Snorlax better. And we don't need to make snorlax better.

Curse Skarmory is the only thing that can straight-up beat it... which is the only reason Skarmory ever became OU at all.
I don't know what your definition of "beat" is, but Skarmory doesn't "beat" anything, let alone Snorlax. Although, I'll agree that Snorlax definitely put Skarmory on the map, which in turn put Fire Blast on the map. Chicken-Egg. Too bad Aerodactyl couldn't have its defense and speed stats switched.

I'll let you know if I ever have trouble with Blissey though.

Just taking something's Leftovers
I'll start the match with a 3 move Starmie or Skarm if it means a non-leftovers Snorlax any day. Stealing Thick Club CAN'T be a priority because Marowak is pretty low end on the whole list of OUs. Useful as it is, it isn't "splashable" like Raikou, Snorlax, Miltank, Starmie, Suicune, and Skarmory. And when has Skarmory ever needed a 4th move to be useful?

Do you mean the Rest, Curse, CC, HP Ghost Machamps? Have you ever used one? It's an on-paper waste of a slot without heavy support, far better in theory than in practice.

Eggy isn't as big in GSC as in RBY, hitting Eggy is hardly justification for Crunch. Granted, that's assuming I tack on a ST-er somewhere. And there's Tyranitar. Plus, Reflect indirectly "deals a blow" to Ground pokemon. Go figure.

Because I don't like something like Thunder/attract missy/Gengar messing up a perfectly fine battle. Lose to those often? And because Raikou is far more impervious than you make it seem. And it's a absolute godsend early on through scouting. And it makes Snorlax/other stuff think twice if they see him as a free setup. IDK, Light Screen or something. Roar Raikou is definitely better than you make it seem.

Yeah... so Blissey's like. Garbage? I don't see how your example substantiates anything. With Miltank, I can switch into Curse not-necessarily-Lax-but-something, and with Blissey I can't. Purpose not fulfilled. On the flip-side, I end up growling Zapdos, who really doesn't do anything to me in the first place.

It doesn't 2HKO Snorlax anyway (after a Belly Drum + Leftovers), it just leaves it at ~6% instead of ~15% after two hits.
It's rather odd when people use arguments. The only key values that really matter are 100% (obviously), 56% (2HKO, meaning impossible to switch against), and 38% (3HKO, meaning it can't Rest-stall you). All other percentages between 1-99 are taken at face value. In all other instances, there's unfactored "chip" damage that may be the difference maker. Why are you assuming the Drumlax is at full HP? What if it took a Starmie Surf early, or a Crunch/Pursuit? What's keeping the Snorlax from being 86<x<94?

thanks to yours truly, HP is no longer banned on legendaries either FYI.
Awesome. It never did make sense anyway, too bad it's a tad half-decade late. But you are giving yourself a lot of credit aren't you? If I had to pinpoint one specific argument that triggered the change, it'd have to be the fact that people didn't give a shit anymore about GSC. Or at least the original advocates of said ban.

What would YOU change about this team? It seems like it'd be an absolute disaster if I followed all of your suggestions and ended up with ST Raikou, Curselax, Growl Blissey, Curse Skarmory, Starmie, Tyranitar. It'd be a God-awful generic stall team that won't do shit to break even the worst of other stall teams. And it's certainly slow as balls, with plenty of holes for anything mildly offensive.

These tips sound like they're from 2004. Ever play a Cursedrumlax?

havoc

pottlepalooza
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's rather odd when people use arguments. The only key values that really matter are 100% (obviously), 56% (2HKO, meaning impossible to switch against), and 38% (3HKO, meaning it can't Rest-stall you). All other percentages between 1-99 are taken at face value. In all other instances, there's unfactored "chip" damage that may be the difference maker. Why are you assuming the Drumlax is at full HP? What if it took a Starmie Surf early, or a Crunch/Pursuit? What's keeping the Snorlax from being 86<x<94?
I'm really tired, but I don't really know what your conclusion is from this paragraph; I think I agree with you, but please clarify just so I can be certain.

As for what I highlighted: if there are only three ultimate values, let's make sure we get them correct: 100%, 53.125% (nitpicking, 54% if we like integers that guarantee a 2HKO), and 39.59% for a 3HKO after rounding to two places, 41% rounding technically; as a rule of thumb (not absolute fact mind you), if the game says 40% damage, you're pretty much guaranteed a 3HKO. For the last statement, I don't know how/when the game rounds its numbers, plus we'd have to examine the pokemon attacking, the pokemon defending, and the attack being used, which is just too tedious for this discussion.

So yes, magic numbers are 100/54/41, and that 41 could probably be a 40.

I'd actually opt for Thunder over Thunderbolt on Porygon2; guaranteed 3HKO on Suicune, guaranteed 2HKO on Starmie, OHKO on Cloyster if it's taken any damage beforehand, all things not given with Thunderbolt. 10% freeze chance is cool (pun intended), but keep in mind that if you're relying on that, you're almost always going to be disappointed. you can freeze something, but unless it's the Heal Beller, you may have well just slept it.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
Hidden Power wasn't even banned on Legendaries at the outset of GSC. It just sorta came about somewhere mid-late in the game's lifespan for no particular reason whatsoever. ("It's hard to catch the legendary beasts with legit Hidden Power IVs," with no regard to how simple it was to catch the legendary birds otherwise... People also just hated Hidden Power Raikou, etc.) The change came about recently because I bitched about it with the start of the Smogon Premier League (SPL), where I'm largely playing GSC for my team and I use HP Water Zapdos. It's partially self-interest but also because it's just a poor rule. I'm glad to see it gone again.

On poor rules, I also argued to remove the ban on Hypnosis / Mean Look / Perish Song movesets. (And I don't use that.) That didn't work very well, I only got it changed to "no sleep perish trapping," which basically means Missy/Gengar can have Hypnosis on the same moveset now but it still can't sleep a pokémon they're actually perish trapping. :P

Relevant stuff:

Why are you assuming the Drumlax is at full HP? What if it took a Starmie Surf early, or a Crunch/Pursuit? What's keeping the Snorlax from being 86<x<94?
I'm assuming the Drumlax is at full health because that's the only time you can even hope to get off a Belly Drum successfully. If you're not at full heath, you'll be 2HKOed by strong special attackers after using Belly Drum and most physical hitters prevent it regardless. ("Chip damage" only supports my argument in favor of Body Slam on Miltank anyway!) Blissey is basically the only pokémon in OU you can "easily" Belly Drum against. Even then you'll rarely kill more than one pokémon, as you'll be dangerous low on health after cutting 50% off yourself and eating an attack or two. If you use Rest after the Belly Drum, you're only inviting them to pseudohaze you (or Encore, or Marowak / Machamp) and make your set-up a waste... Save yourself time and use Selfdestruct instead.

That's pretty much exactly why Curselax is better than Drumlax. Drumlax has a hard time ever successfully using its boosting move at all, it's practically a delayed Selfdestruct in almost all instances you manage to get a kill using it. And in my opening statement there, I only meant Drumlax isn't broken. It's inferior to Curselax. Curselax, or Snorlax in general, may well be broken. It's certainly overpowered. Banworthy? *shrug* Not really... There's at least one way to reliably beat most any Snorlax and a plethora of other ways to effectively deal with it depending on moveset.

Curse Skarmory can definitely finish off a battle once choice pokémon are weakened or eliminated. Back in the day when I used it, for example... Gengar blows up on Raikou and Starmie gets Paralyzed? Oh yeah, Curse Skarmory can clean up from there. Some teams are more susceptible than others, of course, but that's Pokémon. It would be terrible against your particular team here.

I'll start the match with a 3 move Starmie or Skarm if it means a non-leftovers Snorlax any day. Stealing Thick Club CAN'T be a priority because Marowak is pretty low end on the whole list of OUs. Useful as it is, it isn't "splashable" like Raikou, Snorlax, Miltank, Starmie, Suicune, and Skarmory. And when has Skarmory ever needed a 4th move to be useful?
That's silly talk. Starmie is much better off with Reflect and Skarmory can have Curse or Whirlwind, which help you fight Snorlax more than just making it lose its Leftovers. Losing Leftovers is a minor annoyance. Stealing Marowak's Thick Club completely cripples it. The most desirable reason to use Thief, especially on Skarmory, is quite obvious. Besides, you're not stealing Snorlax's Leftovers anyway. Snorlax doesn't switch into Skarmory. What even learns Thief that Snorlax usually wants to switch in against... Alakazam I guess?

Why the hate for Marowak? Marowak is the most dangerous pokémon in GSC solely because it's the only thing without a completely safe switch-in. Few pokémon can survive two hits from it even unboosted (of which Skarmory is one of them) and Swords Dance shores up those "problems" quickly. Machamp is the next closest thing to "uncounterable" but it's not quite so. Reflect + Psychic Starmie is a hard counter, if anyone chose to use it for some reason, and it kinda needs five move slots to cover all its options. (i.e. Earthquake, the least obvious necessity, is required for Nidoking.)

Yeah... so Blissey's like. Garbage? I don't see how your example substantiates anything. With Miltank, I can switch into Curse not-necessarily-Lax-but-something, and with Blissey I can't. Purpose not fulfilled. On the flip-side, I end up growling Zapdos, who really doesn't do anything to me in the first place.
Curse what? Snorlax? You don't want to switch in either one. Curse Machamp? You don't want to switch in either one. Now, lesser Curse users... Steelix, Kangaskhan, Porygon2, Skarmory? *shrug* Blissey isn't substantially worse, as they don't threaten SURPRISE BELLY DRUM and have lower base Attack scores. P2's propensity for using T-Wave and special attacks actually makes Blissey the stronger option there and Steelix threatens Explosion, making Starmie a better initial chocie than either Heal Beller.

@havoc: Whoops, my numbers were off quite a bit. 100%, 54%, and 38% (not sure how you got 40, it's 113/3). But yes, the point is, people often justify one attack over another just because it's the "same 4HKO". That's a misconstrued argument.

I wouldn't exactly call Pgon2 a "guaranteed 3HKO on Suicune", that's pushing it a bit. Afterall, the odds of that are just ~34% under ideal circumstances (e.g. it wouldn't do you any good if the 3 consecutive thunders were interrupted by a Rest).

@Mr.E: HP ban came sometime in 05-06 I would think, my off years. Imagine my surprise. Celebi's promotion too.

I'm not necessarily going against your suggestion because of merit, but rather the argument itself. BS should be used for paralysis. End. Stating that the damages are negligible is false. Chip damage hardly supports Body Slam, since most people would be far more willing to Drum a snorlax at 93% than 84%, which is just suicide.

Not necessarily Blissey mind you, I can Belly Drum on any Pokemon that has to Rest/is Resting. And are you forgetting LK? But ideally, I'd like some more paralysis to give me more options. Twave.

Even then you'll rarely kill more than one pokémon, as you'll be dangerous low on health after cutting 50% off yourself and eating an attack or two. If you use Rest after the Belly Drum, you're only inviting them to pseudohaze you (or Encore, or Marowak / Machamp) and make your set-up a waste... Save yourself time and use Selfdestruct instead.
You sound like you have very little experience with Drumlax. Heal Bell is there so you have plenty of opportunities to drum, no such thing as a wasted setup. It's not a 5 turn curse, then sweep team pokemon. It's a force misplay, drum, take one out, switch, rest, repeat. Do this once or twice, and you're probably in a good position to win. I take it everything you just said is all from theory?

Curselax hasn't been a threat to most teams for a couple years now. Drumlax is far riskier, and the rewards are far greater. Curselax is slow and ineffective. Umbreon was seeing less and less use because Curselax has died off. Sure it can make a comeback, but there's ever so many HARD counters to Curselax that makes it probably the worst version of Snorlax (bar something ridiculous like Splash, Sleep Talk, Ice Beam, Belly Drum) on a competitive scale. I don't know how you can argue otherwise? I'm hardpressed to really label a team a curselax would excel against really. You don't see stuff like Alakazam, Kingdra, Smeargle, Scizor, Jumpluff on teams anymore like the days of 0.9.2 or whatever. People realized certain Pokemon just plain sucked.

Snorlax is easily grounds for banning if it wasn't for the long, intricate history it has with the metagame itself. From a completely neutral perspective, Snorlax is banworthy. From a nostalgic, accepted, this-is-the-way-it's-always-going-to-be level, that's preposterous. Snorlax is the metagame.

Skarmory should never be able to win a game on its own. If he does, that's just a case of poor opposing teams. Starmie has a far better chance of sweeping a team than Skarmory does.

Snorlax doesn't switch into Skarmory, Skarmory switches into Snorlax. And why not, especially if I come in on... curselax? Anyway, stealing Leftovers from Suicune puts it in 3HKO range for Tyranitar. That's cool. Stealing it from an opposing Skarmory is always awesome. You're definitely downplaying Leftovers.

Marowak is the most dangerous pokémon
Let's not go that far. I'll give it third, MAYBE a tie for second (with Gengar) but only factoring in per hit basis. Snorlax nabs top spot unanimously, Gengar is the most unpredictable Pokemon in GSC with a plethora of gamebreaking moves, and Marowak has 500+ base attack. There's very little hate for Marowak here mind you. I'm saying it's not "splashable" like the others aforementioned, do you disagree?

I'd argue HP Ghost is the most dispensible of the moves in a 4-attack Machamp, followed by RS.

CC: Obvious.
FB: Forretress, Skarmory, Steelix, Heracross, Egg
EQ: Nidoking, Gengar, Misdreavus
RS: Zapdos
HP Ghost: Gengar, Misdreavus, Egg, Starmie

HP Ghost really only covers Starmie, who Machamp has a long shot of KOing anyway. But RS isn't that much different, but it has Flinch, which is always nice.

Curse what?
That was worded poorly by mean. What I mean is, I can switch into most cursing pokemon (-machamp obviously), Tyranitar (not the Crunch kind, but if it has Crunch, it lacks Roar, so Skarm answers it), Pgon2, Snorlax, among others. If you're switching Blissey into any of these, you're doing it wrong. If you switch in Miltank, you're not doing it wrong. And you're forgetting Curse runs on a 16-pp clock anyway, and it goes by faster than you think it does, especially if the opponent is curse-baiting just to paralyze.

A cursing p2 will never run Twave... what?? And Miltank doesn't exactly take heavy damage from unstabbed special attacks, even if it's running off 308.

Steelix's Explosion does lackluster damage to Miltank.

Blissey is a poor growler. There's little case to be made. I'd go as far as to label Blissey's a poor Pokemon in GSC. She'd beast RBY, but in GSC? She's overhyped and has been for half a decade.

And again, how would you change this team?

@anona: Because no one plays anymore.

there is one kind of team curselax is better than drumlax that you would never see in competitive gsc, a team full of mixed sweepers

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
The only reason Curselax isn't always a threat is because people forced themselves to use otherwise shitty, useless pokémon (Skarmory, Umbreon) in desperate attempt to fend off the damn thing. Hell, Umbreon is so useless there's no reason to use it even if 100% of teams contained Curselax. (There's better counters available that actually do something.)

With regard to Drumlax, now, keep in mind it's probably getting hit twice before getting a chance to attack unless you bring it in after a KO. (On the switch, Drumming, then before your attack. Assumption is you ate an attack switching in and forced a switch on the turn you Drum.) It's not really a big deal that 2x Miltank Body Slam doesn't straight-up kill a Drumlax in this scenario and 2x Return does have a chance. BS does "enough" that trying to Belly Drum in your face is still suicidal for it, even if it switched in at 100%. Chip damage only exacerbates the situation by allowing even BS to "2HKO." The real point is that nobody is Belly Drumming in front of a Miltank regardless of which move you carry, which was your original statement. "Miltank handles every curser just fine (and Return does more than enough to a Drumlax to prevent it from drumming)."

For the hundredth time, Alakazam is still totally bitchin' regardless of what you think. I don't know where you get the idea it sucks. Nothing short of Snorlax truly scares it... but Snorlax scares practically everything and Alakazam at least hits it harder (with 100% accuracy) switching in than any other special attacker in the game. It then effectively deters Snorlax from using a non-attack move, with the threat of not switching and using Encore, making the switch out more safe than normally. There's also T-Tar... which it actually beats if it Encores Pursuit and carries a neutral or super-effective second move (TPunch, Ice Punch, Hidden Power). Not like Gengar fares much better against those two anyway, among quite a few others 'Zam handles better, and you seem to love him in comparison. Not that I'm dogging Gengar... Alakazam can also learn Reflect, if you wish to make the switch-out gravy, but I prefer a second attack because Psychic PP tends to drain quickly.

But okay, fair enough on Snorlax being more dangerous than Marowak. I guess it depends what we mean by "dangerous." Snorlax is absolutely the overall best Pokémon -- Marowak isn't close -- but Marowak is the most capable at being an immediate threat to the widest range of enemies. The first time Marowak comes in is especially dangerous since it's fully capable of tanking a Surf for 80% of its health in exchange for straight-up killing the Starmie or Suicune that fired it, still alive to take advantage of PAR support or sleeping pokémon in the late game. The only pokémon whose explosiveness even comes close is... Drumlax, lol. ;/ But Marowak doesn't have to exercise so much caution with its boosting move -- it doesn't halve its own health -- and hits twice as hard when you can't or don't boost. It also has immunity to a common attacking type to switch in for free. Marowak's problem is simple fragility, what with not being able to carry the Leftovers so coveted by everything else, but its sheer indefensibility makes it undeniably viable. No other pokémon has that raw threat factor, not even Snorlax.

On that note, Leftovers are very important... but I think you're downplaying having four moveslots. :P It's like the people that use a suicide lead in DPP. Yeah, okay, get your silly Stealth Rock down Turn 1. I'll gladly play 6-5 pokémon. Curse makes Skarmory a potential late-game threat, otherwise it's just another Umbreon that does nothing except "not-die." (And no, Umbreon isn't even good with Curse. Skarmory is a decent Curser because Whirlwind stuffs other pseudohazers and Drill Peck is actually a decent attack.)

With Earthquake, Machamp doesn't need HP Ghost. (I guess it doesn't matter though, it needs Hidden Power anyway.) HP Bug hits Eggy harder and hits the other Psychics all the same, HP Ghost is just the "compromise" move that also hits Ghosts when you forgo EQ. (Fire Blast and Rock Slide are slow to wear down Gengar, Earthquake hits it hard on the switch and +1 OHKOs.) The fifth move is actually Curse, not Fire Blast, so it has the power to break Starmie in combination with Hidden Power. But alas, five moves can't be done and Machamp is indeed less "dangerous" than Marowak. :P

edit to note the irony of me calling umbreon terrible considering my avatar

havoc

pottlepalooza
@havoc: Whoops, my numbers were off quite a bit. 100%, 54%, and 38% (not sure how you got 40, it's 113/3). But yes, the point is, people often justify one attack over another just because it's the "same 4HKO". That's a misconstrued argument.

I wouldn't exactly call Pgon2 a "guaranteed 3HKO on Suicune", that's pushing it a bit. Afterall, the odds of that are just ~34% under ideal circumstances (e.g. it wouldn't do you any good if the 3 consecutive thunders were interrupted by a Rest).
Ah, again I was tired and not thinking correctly. I stand corrected on the first argument (I took an extra turn of Leftovers into account by accident). As for the Porygon2 bit, I meant that it's a 3HKO given that Thunder hits, shame on me for not clarifying. Rest may interrupt the Thunders, but Suicune IS faster than Porygon2, so assuming it's not paralyzed, on the turn it Rests it would get hit for 35%-42% net damage.

Miltank doesn't take heavy damage from Thunder OR Double-Edge, but that's not what you're aiming to do with Miltank--definitely Thunder Wave it. Miltank's most underrated aspect is its Speed which allows it to Growl anything that Curses before they can fire a +1 attack (not true with Blissey) or Growl certain strong attackers before they can attack, like 3-attack Snorlax, or even something like Heracross. What I'm trying to say is: would you leave your Miltank paralyzed and switch it out? Probably not. -1 Heal Bell. Just like in your battle with Bob where you said you'd use every Heal Bell specifically to make sure one particular pokemon isn't paralyzed, you'd probably do the same here for your any of your Miltank/Skarmory/Raikou holy trifecta of defense.

just a quick note

last gsc uber tourney ive attended (and won) lax was in every single team
lugia wasn't
nor were mew, or mew2

consider the following changes
umbreon > ttar, possibly the zap cannon version (sure umbreon's not going to lose so badly against dpgar)
either eq or surf > growl on miltank
curse skarm
psychic starmie

people forced themselves to use otherwise shitty, useless pokémon (Skarmory, Umbreon)
Skarmory walls Marowak too, kind of. It's your best bet. And it's pretty good against Heracross too. Cursegon2, the IB kind. Ursaring, Kangkaskhan, among other things that Skarmoy drove to the end of extinction. I don't think you'll get very far in terms of arguing against Skarmory's usefulness in the game. I never liked Umbreon though, but I'd make a 1 for 1 trade against a snorlax anyday. And it does pursuit stuff I guess, which is always awesome.

The assumption of two attacks is right, once before the drum, and once before the attack that kills said Pokemon. Why would you switch it into an attack? With the sheer amount of switching going on in GSC, it's easy to switch it in on an opposing switch. Queue the list of pokemon that can 4HKO Snorlax. It's pretty damn short.

Snorlax can be passed Reflect too.

My mistake, I meant Alakazam is overhyped, Blissey flatout sucks (except the Sing kind, those are mediocre, sort of, if you nab something cool like an opposing Blissey/Miltank, or if you face a 0 ST team like this). Alakazam needs more moveslots to really be effective. Psychic, Recover, then Tpunch/Fpunch/Ipunch/Encore/ST/DP/Counter/Reflect/Toxic/Thunderwave. Pick only four and it's pretty clear why it's not as good as on paper. Toxic/FP is probably the most reliable two options you could go with. Encore is the gamebreaking options. But it's moves like twave/reflect that make it annoying to deal with, and it's counter that actually kills stuff.

If you use Gengar, you should know its purpose. An assassin really. It should always give you AT LEAST a 1 for 1 switch, maybe 2 for 1. And it's the best Pokemon at doing that. Alakazam is not in the same conversation. In this instance, Counter Snorlax, then dbond ttar for a 2 for 1? Hell, maybe sleep something in between? Gengar is about creativity. If your opponent knows your Gengar's moveset, Gengar will suck. It wouldn't even place in the top 15 of threats. But with unpredictability, at least one of Gengar's 6 or so gamebreaking moves will end up playing a huge part. It's by no means a easy Pokemon to use, nor play against.

In what instances would Marowak really get a free switch and not take any damage against a team like this? Reflect Raikou? Ultimately getting Marowak in without suffering damage is similar to getting Snorlax in without suffering damage: on an opponent switch/rest/heal bell or something.

Curseskarmory is never a threat until endgame (e.g. when you've already won). On average, you'll have 3-4 Pokemon on a team that'll successfully thwart Skarmory's sweeping potentional on all teams. And given that it's GSC, all it takes is really 1-2 KOs for you to "win" the game in most cases. Curse is another defensive move on Skarmory, giving it drumlax coverage, as well as SD wak coverage. Arguing its lackluster offensive merits is spewing out empty words.

@havoc: What I meant was, should you end up Thundering before the turn it needs to rest, then on the turn, then the turn after. That's 3 Thunders and no KO. But that's all irrelevent, most would switchout after 2 consecutive hits, but just saying.

Yeah those odd sets definitely work. Thunderwave has been a forgotten move for a while now, and it's a little underappreciated.

last gsc uber tourney ive attended
Didn't even know those existed.

But if it did, there are several reasons for this. People are familiar with Snorlax, they're not with the other three. And because of that, they used common sets that just don't work. Cursegia is a terrible idea, it should be used as a phazer wall thing. Mewtwo should probably be exploding... and other stuff.

Umbreon change makes the team slower than it already is. And it's pretty damn slow. And there's no spikes or anything for it to benefit from. It's a shame ZC only has 5-8PP. But this could work. It makes the Big 3 into the Big 3 + Rondo. And it answers havoc's pgon2. I remember I considered Umbreon, but dropped it in favor of ttar for a reason. I just don't remember what it was. This still doesn't solve the sleep issue, albeit it gives me a safe switch against Nidoking, who I guess I can just bore to death?

EQ/Surf change doesn't make any sense to me. Explain.

It's a tossup between Thief/Curse really. Thief is more offensive, Curse is more defensive.

Psychic > Surf? Or Psychic > Reflect. The former doesn't make sense. The latter can be only determined in practice, assuming Reflect would underperform with comparison to theory. Starmie sees Snorlax switch-ins a lot.

changes i've suggested have to be considered as a whole
umbreon implies a counter to cursers; therefor, you can drop growl in order to gain a move supereffective on the rock types that miltank baits out: putting them in the ko range of bellylax actually saves your lk for other things, like a roar cune. those changes are exposing you to opponents' bellylax, as such curseskarm should be preferred. dropping reflect for psychic is a personal prefernce of mine, nothing absolutely necessary; i'd do it in order to gain better defenses against machamp, specifically body slam machamp, altough i recognize the overall usefulness of reflect.

just for the record, my mew2 was the selfdestructing kind; most were kind of mixed with recover, altough my opponent in wf had a sd mew2 too. there were no curselugias. in fact, the lugias were all kind of toxic+whirlwind+ rest/recover+???. laxes were mostly drummers; personally i've used a surf+tbolt+bs+sd lax in a team centered around growthjolt, and a curse+sd lax in a team centered around swords dancing mew.

There's no reason why Mew wasn't on every team but snorlax was. That's a case of poor competition, and not really a basis for anything. And somehow I do doubt your statement (this is where you cite physical evidence of your claim). Hypothetically though, I can guarantee that should an uber metagame ever exist and stabilize, these will be the rankings:

1. Mew
2. Mewtwo/Snorlax/Lugia
3. Mewtwo/Snorlax/Lugia
4. Mewtwo/Snorlax/Lugia
5. irrelevent, but probably Zapdos or Blissey or Raikou.

well, now the only "evidence" i can think of are the logs of tournament, which are quite a lot of bytes; i'll post mine since you are interested. I'll avoid posting battles against total jerks though.

Battle Log:
Battle Mode: Gold/Silver/Crystal
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Freeze Clause
Rule: Self-KO Clause
Rule: Apply PP Ups
Rule: Battle Timeout
Rule: Unrated
Rule: Evasion Clause
Gran Suca Cazzi vs Shenron [GSC Uber]. Begin!
Gran Suca Cazzi sent out Venusaur (Lv.100 Venusaur)!
Shenron [GSC Uber] sent out Jolteon (Lv.100 Jolteon)!
gsc uber has started watching.

Begin Turn #1
Jolteon used Baton Pass!
Shenron [GSC Uber] sent out Zapdos (Lv.100 Zapdos)!
---------------------------------
Venusaur used Giga Drain!
(36 damage)
It's not very effective...
Zapdos had its energy drained!
Zapdos's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #1
Gran Suca Cazzi's Venusaur: 100% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Zapdos: 371 HP

Begin Turn #2
Zapdos used Drill Peck!
(65% damage)
It's super effective!
Venusaur used Sleep Powder!
Venusaur's attack missed!
Venusaur's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #2
Gran Suca Cazzi's Venusaur: 41% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Zapdos: 383 HP

Begin Turn #3
Zapdos used Drill Peck!
(42% damage)
It's super effective!
Venusaur fainted!
Gran Suca Cazzi sent out Snorlax (Lv.100 Snorlax)!
End of turn #3
Gran Suca Cazzi's Snorlax: 100% HP

Begin Turn #4
Zapdos used Drill Peck!
(24% damage)
Snorlax used Lovely Kiss!
Zapdos fell asleep!
Snorlax's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #4
Gran Suca Cazzi's Snorlax: 82% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Zapdos: 383 HP (Slp)
Specser has started watching.

Begin Turn #5
Gran Suca Cazzi withdrew Snorlax!
Gran Suca Cazzi sent out Mewtwo (Lv.100 Mewtwo)!
Shenron [GSC Uber] withdrew Zapdos!
Shenron [GSC Uber] sent out Mewtwo (Lv.100 Mewtwo)!
End of turn #5
Gran Suca Cazzi's Mewtwo: 100% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Mewtwo: 415 HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]: nooo

Begin Turn #6
Gran Suca Cazzi withdrew Mewtwo!
Gran Suca Cazzi sent out Lugia (Lv.100 Lugia)!
Mewtwo used Ice Beam!
(36% damage)
It's super effective!
Lugia's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #6
Gran Suca Cazzi's Lugia: 70% HP

Begin Turn #7
Mewtwo used Ice Beam!
(33% damage)
It's super effective!
Lugia was frozen solid!
Lugia is frozen solid!
End of turn #7
Gran Suca Cazzi's Lugia: 43% HP (Frz)

Begin Turn #8
Gran Suca Cazzi withdrew Lugia!
Gran Suca Cazzi sent out Houndoom (Lv.100 Houndoom)!
Mewtwo used Ice Beam!
(17% damage)
Houndoom's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #8
Gran Suca Cazzi's Houndoom: 89% HP
gsc uber: non vale .-.
Shenron [GSC Uber]: scusa btw

Begin Turn #9
Mewtwo used Submission!
(59% damage)
It's super effective!
Mewtwo is hit with recoil!
Houndoom used Crunch!
(234 damage)
It's super effective!
Mewtwo's Special Defense fell!
Mewtwo's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
Houndoom's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #9
Gran Suca Cazzi's Houndoom: 36% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Mewtwo: 155 HP

Begin Turn #10
Gran Suca Cazzi withdrew Houndoom!
Mewtwo used Submission!
(16% damage)
A critical hit!
End of turn #10
Gran Suca Cazzi's Mewtwo: 91% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Mewtwo: 165 HP

Begin Turn #11
Mewtwo used Fire Blast!
(165 damage)
Mewtwo fainted!
Shenron [GSC Uber]: azz
Shenron [GSC Uber] sent out Snorlax (Lv.100 Snorlax)!
End of turn #11
Gran Suca Cazzi's Mewtwo: 97% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Snorlax: 523 HP

Begin Turn #12
Gran Suca Cazzi withdrew Mewtwo!
Gran Suca Cazzi sent out Houndoom (Lv.100 Houndoom)!
Snorlax used Body Slam!
(36% damage)
Houndoom fainted!
Gran Suca Cazzi sent out Heracross (Lv.100 Heracross)!
End of turn #12
Gran Suca Cazzi's Heracross: 100% HP

Begin Turn #13
Shenron [GSC Uber] withdrew Snorlax!
Heracross used Megahorn!
(97 damage)
End of turn #13
Gran Suca Cazzi's Heracross: 100% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Zapdos: 310 HP (Slp)

Begin Turn #14
Zapdos is fast asleep.
Zapdos used Sleep Talk!
Zapdos used Drill Peck!
(100% damage)
A critical hit!
It's super effective!
Heracross fainted!
Gran Suca Cazzi: ma fu
End of turn #14
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Zapdos: 334 HP (Slp)
Shenron [GSC Uber]: crepa anche senza ch comunque
Shenron [GSC Uber]: :p

Begin Turn #15
Mewtwo used Psychic!
(125 damage)
Snorlax's Special Defense fell!
End of turn #15
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Snorlax: 431 HP
Gran Suca Cazzi: ma ha anche il 30% di andare a segno

Begin Turn #16
Mewtwo used Submission!
(181 damage)
It's super effective!
Snorlax used Body Slam!
(26% damage)
Mewtwo is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
Shenron [GSC Uber]: 33 direi
End of turn #16
Gran Suca Cazzi's Mewtwo: 69% HP (Par)
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Snorlax: 283 HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]: u_u

Begin Turn #17
Snorlax used Selfdestruct!
(69% damage)
Mewtwo fainted!
Snorlax fainted!
Gran Suca Cazzi: cambia molto
gsc uber: 33,3 periodico
gsc uber: ù.ù
Gran Suca Cazzi sent out Snorlax (Lv.100 Snorlax)!
Shenron [GSC Uber] sent out Mew (Lv.100 Mew)!
End of turn #17
Gran Suca Cazzi's Snorlax: 89% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Mew: 403 HP

Begin Turn #18
Mew used Explosion!
(89% damage)
Snorlax fainted!
Mew fainted!
Gran Suca Cazzi sent out Lugia (Lv.100 Lugia)!
End of turn #18
Gran Suca Cazzi's Lugia: 49% HP (Frz)
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Jolteon: 333 HP

Begin Turn #19
Jolteon used Thunderbolt!
(43% damage)
It's super effective!
Lugia is frozen solid!
End of turn #19
Gran Suca Cazzi's Lugia: 12% HP (Frz)
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Jolteon: 333 HP
gsc uber: nuuu

Begin Turn #20
(12% damage)
It's super effective!
Lugia fainted!

End Battle! Shenron [GSC Uber] wins!
Score: 0 to 3
Gran Suca Cazzi: http://netbattle.forumfree.it thanks you for the good game
Shenron [GSC Uber]: gg

NetBattle v1.1.1
Log saved 14/05/2010 at 16.24.18

Battle Log:
Shenron [GSC Uber] vs Absol e un figo. Begin!
Absol e un figo sent out Zapdos (Lv.100 Zapdos)!
persona giesci' ubah has started watching.
Absol e un figo: avete gia giocatop tu e abry dunque
Absol e un figo: x)
Dandy has started watching.
Shenron [GSC Uber]: sì

Begin Turn #1
Jolteon used Growth!
Jolteon's Special Attack rose!
Zapdos used Thunderbolt!
(72 damage)
Jolteon's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #1
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Jolteon: 282 HP
Absol e un figo's Zapdos: 100% HP
persona giesci' ubah: shenron
persona giesci' ubah: ti esprimo un desiderio
persona giesci' ubah: mio dragone

Begin Turn #2
Absol e un figo withdrew Zapdos!
Absol e un figo sent out Snorlax (Lv.100 Snorlax)!
Jolteon used Hidden Power!
(15% damage)
End of turn #2
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Jolteon: 303 HP
Absol e un figo's Snorlax: 91% HP
persona giesci' ubah: POLVERIZZA QUESTO SCHIFO DI ESSERE SEMI UMANO
Absol e un figo: sese

Begin Turn #3
Jolteon used Baton Pass!
Snorlax used Earthquake!
It doesn't affect Zapdos...
End of turn #3
Absol e un figo's Snorlax: 98% HP

Begin Turn #4
Zapdos used Thunderbolt!
(35% damage)
(383 damage)
Zapdos fainted!
Snorlax fainted!
Absol e un figo sent out Steelix (Lv.100 Steelix)!
End of turn #4
Absol e un figo's Steelix: 100% HP

Begin Turn #5
Mewtwo used Ice Beam!
(35% damage)
Steelix used Body Slam!
(69 damage)
Steelix's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #5
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Mewtwo: 372 HP
Absol e un figo's Steelix: 72% HP

Begin Turn #6
Shenron [GSC Uber] withdrew Mewtwo!
Shenron [GSC Uber] sent out Tyranitar (Lv.100 Tyranitar)!
Steelix used Body Slam!
(27 damage)
Tyranitar's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #6
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Tyranitar: 401 HP
Absol e un figo's Steelix: 78% HP

Begin Turn #7
Absol e un figo withdrew Steelix!
Absol e un figo sent out Cloyster (Lv.100 Cloyster)!
Tyranitar used Fire Blast!
(44% damage)
Cloyster's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #7
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Tyranitar: 403 HP
Absol e un figo's Cloyster: 62% HP
Gran Suca Cazzi has started watching.

Begin Turn #8
Cloyster used Spikes!
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s team had Spikes scattered around it!
Tyranitar used Crunch!
(62% damage)
A critical hit!
Cloyster fainted!
Absol e un figo sent out Marowak (Lv.100 Marowak)!
End of turn #8
Absol e un figo's Marowak: 100% HP

Begin Turn #9
Shenron [GSC Uber] withdrew Tyranitar!
Mew is hurt by Spikes!
Marowak used Earthquake!
(211 damage)
Mew's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #9
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Mew: 167 HP

Begin Turn #10
Absol e un figo withdrew Marowak!
Absol e un figo sent out Steelix (Lv.100 Steelix)!
Mew used Explosion!
(36% damage)
Mew fainted!
Tyranitar is hurt by Spikes!
End of turn #10
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Tyranitar: 378 HP
Absol e un figo's Steelix: 48% HP

Begin Turn #11
Tyranitar used Fire Blast!
(48% damage)
It's super effective!
Steelix fainted!
Absol e un figo sent out Marowak (Lv.100 Marowak)!
End of turn #11

Begin Turn #12
Tyranitar used Crunch!
(33% damage)
Marowak used Earthquake!
(362 damage)
It's super effective!
End of turn #12
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Tyranitar: 66 HP
Absol e un figo's Marowak: 67% HP

Begin Turn #13
Tyranitar used Crunch!
(35% damage)
Marowak used Hidden Power!
(66 damage)
It's super effective!
Tyranitar fainted!
Jolteon is hurt by Spikes!
End of turn #13
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Jolteon: 282 HP
Absol e un figo's Marowak: 32% HP

Begin Turn #14
Jolteon used Hidden Power!
(32% damage)
It's super effective!
Marowak fainted!
Absol e un figo sent out Gengar (Lv.100 Gengar)!
End of turn #14
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Jolteon: 303 HP
Absol e un figo's Gengar: 100% HP

Begin Turn #15
Jolteon used Growth!
Jolteon's Special Attack rose!
Gengar used Thunder!
(56 damage)
End of turn #15
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Jolteon: 268 HP
Absol e un figo's Gengar: 100% HP

Begin Turn #16
(63% damage)
Gengar is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
Gengar used Explosion!
(268 damage)
Jolteon fainted!
Gengar fainted!
Snorlax is hurt by Spikes!
Absol e un figo sent out Zapdos (Lv.100 Zapdos)!
End of turn #16
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Snorlax: 491 HP
Absol e un figo's Zapdos: 100% HP

Begin Turn #17
Zapdos used Thunderbolt!
(116 damage)
(100% damage)
Zapdos fainted!
Snorlax fainted!

Score: 1 to 0

NetBattle v1.1.1
Log saved 14/05/2010 at 16.32.11

Battle Log:
Rule: Disallow Spectators
IL TIRANNO [GSC] vs Shenron [GSC Uber]. Begin!
IL TIRANNO [GSC] sent out obeso (Lv.100 Snorlax)!
IL TIRANNO [GSC]: buona Fiortuna

Begin Turn #1
Mewtwo used Submission!
(33% damage)
It's super effective!
obeso used Lovely Kiss!
obeso's attack missed!
obeso's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #1
IL TIRANNO [GSC]'s obeso: 74% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Mewtwo: 399 HP

Begin Turn #2
IL TIRANNO [GSC] withdrew obeso!
IL TIRANNO [GSC] sent out MASSUKA (Lv.100 Tyranitar)!
Mewtwo used Selfdestruct!
(40% damage)
Mewtwo fainted!
Shenron [GSC Uber]: ho
Shenron [GSC Uber]: sbagliato tasto
Shenron [GSC Uber] sent out Heracross (Lv.100 Heracross)!
MASSUKA's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #2
IL TIRANNO [GSC]'s MASSUKA: 66% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Heracross: 363 HP
IL TIRANNO [GSC]: xd
IL TIRANNO [GSC]: sisi

Begin Turn #3
IL TIRANNO [GSC] withdrew MASSUKA!
IL TIRANNO [GSC] sent out fu 'na croce (Lv.100 Heracross)!
Heracross used Megahorn!
Heracross's attack missed!
End of turn #3
IL TIRANNO [GSC]'s fu 'na croce: 100% HP

Begin Turn #4
Shenron [GSC Uber] withdrew Heracross!
fu 'na croce used Megahorn!
(96 damage)
End of turn #4
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Zapdos: 311 HP

Begin Turn #5
IL TIRANNO [GSC] withdrew fu 'na croce!
IL TIRANNO [GSC] sent out MASSUKA (Lv.100 Tyranitar)!
Zapdos used Thunder!
(43% damage)
MASSUKA's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #5
IL TIRANNO [GSC]'s MASSUKA: 29% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Zapdos: 335 HP

Begin Turn #6
Zapdos used Thunder!
(29% damage)
MASSUKA fainted!
End of turn #6
IL TIRANNO [GSC]'s obeso: 80% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Zapdos: 359 HP
IL TIRANNO [GSC]: era + proabile
IL TIRANNO [GSC]: che fallissi

Begin Turn #7
Zapdos used Reflect!
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s team's Reflect raised Defense!
obeso used Lovely Kiss!
Zapdos fell asleep!
End of turn #7
IL TIRANNO [GSC]'s obeso: 86% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Zapdos: 383 HP (Slp)

Begin Turn #8
IL TIRANNO [GSC] withdrew obeso!
IL TIRANNO [GSC] sent out ciccione (Lv.100 Mewtwo)!
End of turn #8
IL TIRANNO [GSC]'s ciccione: 100% HP

Begin Turn #9
ciccione used Submission!
(122 damage)
It's super effective!
ciccione is hit with recoil!
Tyranitar used Crunch!
(45% damage)
It's super effective!
ciccione's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #9
IL TIRANNO [GSC]'s ciccione: 54% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Tyranitar: 306 HP

Begin Turn #10
Tyranitar used Pursuit!
(45% damage)
It's super effective!
IL TIRANNO [GSC] withdrew ciccione!
End of turn #10
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Tyranitar: 331 HP
IL TIRANNO [GSC]: nooo

Begin Turn #11
(104 damage)
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s team's Reflect wore off!
End of turn #11
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Snorlax: 452 HP

Begin Turn #12
(213 damage)
Snorlax's attack missed!
End of turn #12
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Snorlax: 272 HP

Begin Turn #13
(104 damage)
Heracross's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #13
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Heracross: 282 HP

Begin Turn #14
Heracross used Seismic Toss!
(28% damage)
(94 damage)
fu 'na croce's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #14
IL TIRANNO [GSC]'s fu 'na croce: 79% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Heracross: 211 HP

Begin Turn #15
(19% damage)
End of turn #15
IL TIRANNO [GSC]'s obeso: 73% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Heracross: 234 HP

Begin Turn #16
Heracross used Megahorn!
(40% damage)
obeso used Selfdestruct!
(234 damage)
Heracross fainted!
obeso fainted!
IL TIRANNO [GSC] sent out ciccione (Lv.100 Mewtwo)!
ciccione's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #16
IL TIRANNO [GSC]'s ciccione: 15% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Tyranitar: 356 HP

Begin Turn #17
ciccione used Submission!
(273 damage)
It's super effective!
ciccione is hit with recoil!
ciccione fainted!
End of turn #17
IL TIRANNO [GSC]'s fu 'na croce: 85% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Tyranitar: 108 HP

Begin Turn #18
(85 damage)
End of turn #18
IL TIRANNO [GSC]'s fu 'na croce: 91% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Zapdos: 322 HP (Slp)

Begin Turn #19
IL TIRANNO [GSC] sent out aborto (Lv.100 Mew)!
Zapdos is fast asleep.
End of turn #19
IL TIRANNO [GSC]'s aborto: 100% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Zapdos: 346 HP (Slp)

Begin Turn #20
aborto used Swagger!
Mew's Attack sharply rose!
Mew became confused!
End of turn #20

Begin Turn #21
Shenron [GSC Uber] withdrew Mew!
aborto used Transform!
aborto transformed into Snorlax!
End of turn #21
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Snorlax: 305 HP

Begin Turn #22
aborto used Lovely Kiss!
But it failed!
aborto fell asleep!
End of turn #22
IL TIRANNO [GSC]'s aborto: 100% HP (Slp)
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Snorlax: 338 HP
IL TIRANNO [GSC]: OPS

Begin Turn #23
IL TIRANNO [GSC] withdrew aborto!
IL TIRANNO [GSC] sent out verde merda (Lv.100 Celebi)!
Snorlax used Double-Edge!
(35% damage)
Snorlax is hit with recoil!
verde merda's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #23
IL TIRANNO [GSC]'s verde merda: 71% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Snorlax: 336 HP

Begin Turn #24
verde merda used Curse!
verde merda's Attack rose!
verde merda's Defense rose!
verde merda's Speed fell!
End of turn #24
IL TIRANNO [GSC]'s verde merda: 77% HP

Begin Turn #25
Mew used Swords Dance!
verde merda used Baton Pass!
End of turn #25
IL TIRANNO [GSC]'s fu 'na croce: 98% HP

Begin Turn #26
Mew used Explosion!
(98% damage)
fu 'na croce fainted!
Mew fainted!
IL TIRANNO [GSC] sent out verde merda (Lv.100 Celebi)!
End of turn #26
IL TIRANNO [GSC]'s verde merda: 83% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Tyranitar: 133 HP

Begin Turn #27
verde merda used Curse!
verde merda's Attack rose!
verde merda's Defense rose!
verde merda's Speed fell!
Tyranitar used Crunch!
(47% damage)
It's super effective!
End of turn #27
IL TIRANNO [GSC]'s verde merda: 42% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Tyranitar: 158 HP

Begin Turn #28
Tyranitar used Crunch!
(42% damage)
It's super effective!
verde merda fainted!
IL TIRANNO [GSC] sent out aborto (Lv.100 Mew)!
End of turn #28
IL TIRANNO [GSC]'s aborto: 100% HP (Slp)
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Tyranitar: 183 HP

Begin Turn #29
aborto is fast asleep.
Tyranitar used Crunch!
(95% damage)
A critical hit!
It's super effective!
aborto's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #29
IL TIRANNO [GSC]'s aborto: 12% HP (Slp)
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Tyranitar: 208 HP

Begin Turn #30
aborto is fast asleep.
Shenron [GSC Uber]: yo
Tyranitar used Crunch!
(12% damage)
It's super effective!
aborto fainted!
IL TIRANNO [GSC]: .

NetBattle v1.1.1
Log saved 14/05/2010 at 16.44.58

Battle Log:
Shenron [GSC Uber] vs gsc uber. Begin!
gsc uber sent out Mew (Lv.100 Mew)!

Begin Turn #1
Mewtwo used Ice Beam!
(27% damage)
Mew used Reflect!
gsc uber's team's Reflect raised Defense!
End of turn #1
gsc uber's Mew: 79% HP
insane has started watching.

Begin Turn #2
Mewtwo used Ice Beam!
(25% damage)
Mew used Ice Beam!
(76 damage)
End of turn #2
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Mewtwo: 365 HP
gsc uber's Mew: 61% HP

Begin Turn #3
Mewtwo used Ice Beam!
(28% damage)
Mew used Explosion!
(365 damage)
Mewtwo fainted!
Mew fainted!
gsc uber sent out Marowak (Lv.100 Marowak)!
End of turn #3
gsc uber's Marowak: 100% HP

Begin Turn #4
Zapdos used Reflect!
Marowak used Swords Dance!
Marowak's Attack sharply rose!
End of turn #4

Begin Turn #5
Marowak used Rock Slide!
(124 damage)
gsc uber's team's Reflect wore off!
End of turn #5
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Heracross: 262 HP

Begin Turn #6
Heracross used Megahorn!
(97% damage)
A critical hit!
Marowak used Rock Slide!
(126 damage)
End of turn #6
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Heracross: 159 HP
gsc uber's Marowak: 3% HP

Begin Turn #7
(3% damage)
Marowak fainted!
gsc uber sent out Mewtwo (Lv.100 Mewtwo)!
End of turn #7
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Heracross: 182 HP
gsc uber's Mewtwo: 100% HP

Begin Turn #8
Shenron [GSC Uber] withdrew Heracross!
Mewtwo used Psychic!
(146 damage)
Snorlax's Special Defense fell!
End of turn #8
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Snorlax: 410 HP

Begin Turn #9
gsc uber withdrew Mewtwo!
gsc uber sent out Tyranitar (Lv.100 Tyranitar)!
Tyranitar fell asleep!
End of turn #9
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Snorlax: 443 HP
gsc uber's Tyranitar: 100% HP (Slp)

Begin Turn #10
gsc uber withdrew Tyranitar!
gsc uber sent out Gengar (Lv.100 Gengar)!
End of turn #10
gsc uber's Gengar: 100% HP
Absol e un figo has started watching.

Begin Turn #11
gsc uber withdrew Gengar!
Zapdos used Thunder!
(43% damage)
Mewtwo is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
End of turn #11
gsc uber's Mewtwo: 63% HP (Par)

Begin Turn #12
Zapdos used Light Screen!
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s team's Light Screen raised Special Defense!
Mewtwo used Recover!
Mewtwo regained health!
End of turn #12
gsc uber's Mewtwo: 100% HP (Par)

Begin Turn #13
Zapdos used Reflect!
Mewtwo used Psychic!
(71 damage)
End of turn #13
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Zapdos: 336 HP

Begin Turn #14
Mewtwo used Ice Beam!
(52 damage)
End of turn #14
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Mew: 376 HP

Begin Turn #15
gsc uber sent out Snorlax (Lv.100 Snorlax)!
Mew used Swords Dance!
End of turn #15
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Mew: 401 HP
gsc uber's Snorlax: 100% HP

Begin Turn #16
Mew used Submission!
(66% damage)
It's super effective!
Mew is hit with recoil!
(265 damage)
Snorlax fainted!
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s team's Light Screen wore off!
End of turn #16
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Mew: 75 HP

Begin Turn #17
Shenron [GSC Uber] withdrew Mew!
Gengar used Shadow Ball!
(16 damage)
End of turn #17

Begin Turn #18
gsc uber withdrew Gengar!
Tyranitar used Crunch!
(12% damage)
End of turn #18
gsc uber's Tyranitar: 95% HP (Slp)

Begin Turn #19
Tyranitar is fast asleep.
Tyranitar used Dynamicpunch!
(95% damage)
It's super effective!
Tyranitar fainted!
End of turn #19

Begin Turn #20
Tyranitar used Crunch!
(51% damage)
It's super effective!
Mewtwo is paralyzed! It can't move!
End of turn #20
gsc uber's Mewtwo: 55% HP (Par)

Begin Turn #21
Tyranitar used Crunch!
(49% damage)
It's super effective!
Mewtwo's Special Defense fell!
Mewtwo used Recover!
Mewtwo regained health!
End of turn #21
gsc uber's Mewtwo: 62% HP (Par)

Begin Turn #22
Tyranitar used Crunch!
(65% damage)
It's super effective!
Gengar's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #22
gsc uber's Gengar: 41% HP

Begin Turn #23
Gengar used Explosion!
(128 damage)
Gengar fainted!
End of turn #23
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Tyranitar: 300 HP
gsc uber's Mewtwo: 68% HP (Par)

Begin Turn #24
Tyranitar used Crunch!
(48% damage)
It's super effective!
Mewtwo used Dynamicpunch!
Mewtwo's attack missed!
End of turn #24
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Tyranitar: 325 HP
gsc uber's Mewtwo: 27% HP (Par)
gsc uber: gg

Begin Turn #25
Tyranitar used Crunch!
(27% damage)
It's super effective!
Mewtwo fainted!

Score: 5 to 0

NetBattle v1.1.1
Log saved 14/05/2010 at 16.54.15

Battle Log:
gsc uber vs Shenron [GSC Uber]. Begin!
IL TIRANNO [GSC] has started watching.

Begin Turn #1
Mewtwo used Ice Beam!
(50% damage)
A critical hit!
Mew was frozen solid!
Mew is frozen solid!
Mew was defrosted!
End of turn #1
gsc uber's Mew: 56% HP
IL TIRANNO [GSC]: lol
Shenron [GSC Uber]: TOO GOOD
Phetto [GSC] has started watching.

Begin Turn #2
Mewtwo used Ice Beam!
(24% damage)
Mew used Explosion!
(415 damage)
A critical hit!
Mewtwo fainted!
Mew fainted!
IL TIRANNO [GSC]: .
Shenron [GSC Uber]: noooo
gsc uber: non puoi frozarmi 8)
End of turn #2
gsc uber's Snorlax: 100% HP

Begin Turn #3
(363 damage)
Heracross fainted!
Snorlax fainted!
Shenron [GSC Uber]: NOOO
End of turn #3
Pyramid Head has started watching.

Begin Turn #4
(219 damage)
It's super effective!
Snorlax became confused!
Snorlax is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
End of turn #4
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Snorlax: 289 HP

Begin Turn #5
End of turn #5

Begin Turn #6
Mew used Swords Dance!
End of turn #6

Begin Turn #7
Mew used Explosion!
(100% damage)
Marowak fainted!
Mew fainted!
IL TIRANNO [GSC]: marowak used explosion
End of turn #7
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Snorlax: 322 HP

Begin Turn #8
(232 damage)
It's super effective!
Snorlax became confused!
Snorlax is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
End of turn #8
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Snorlax: 75 HP
gsc uber: si

Begin Turn #9
Mewtwo used Psychic!
It doesn't affect Tyranitar...
End of turn #9

Begin Turn #10
Mewtwo's attack missed!
End of turn #10

Begin Turn #11
Mewtwo used Ice Beam!
(383 damage)
A critical hit!
It's super effective!
Zapdos fainted!
IL TIRANNO [GSC]: nn sera capito
IL TIRANNO [GSC]: lol
gsc uber: sry
Shenron [GSC Uber]: porco
gsc uber: .-.
Shenron [GSC Uber]: dio
End of turn #11

Begin Turn #12
(326 damage)
It's super effective!
Tyranitar became confused!
Tyranitar is confused!
Tyranitar used Crunch!
(46% damage)
It's super effective!
End of turn #12
gsc uber's Mewtwo: 60% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Tyranitar: 102 HP
gsc uber: ho praticamente no guard
Phetto [GSC]: chi è che vince? xd

Begin Turn #13
Mewtwo used Ice Beam!
(102 damage)
Tyranitar fainted!
End of turn #13
gsc uber's Mewtwo: 67% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Snorlax: 108 HP
Pyramid Head: ma è la finale?
IL TIRANNO [GSC]: mewtwo13

Begin Turn #14
Mewtwo used Psychic!
(108 damage)
Snorlax fainted!

End Battle! gsc uber wins!
Score: 3 to 0
Shenron [GSC Uber]: merdas

NetBattle v1.1.1
Log saved 14/05/2010 at 17.16.06

Battle Log:
gsc uber vs Shenron [GSC Uber]. Begin!
Gran Suca Cazzi has started watching.
gsc uber: ora le prendo
IL TIRANNO [GSC] has started watching.
Phetto [GSC] has started watching.

Begin Turn #1
Shenron [GSC Uber] withdrew Mewtwo!
Mew used Explosion!
(183 damage)
Mew fainted!
Pyramid Head has started watching.
End of turn #1
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Tyranitar: 245 HP

Begin Turn #2
Marowak used Earthquake!
It doesn't affect Zapdos...
End of turn #2

Begin Turn #3
Zapdos used Reflect!
Marowak used Rock Slide!
(103 damage)
It's super effective!
End of turn #3
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Zapdos: 304 HP

Begin Turn #4
Zapdos used Drill Peck!
(25% damage)
End of turn #4
gsc uber's Marowak: 75% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Zapdos: 328 HP

Begin Turn #5
Zapdos used Drill Peck!
(25% damage)
Marowak used Rock Slide!
(230 damage)
It's super effective!
End of turn #5
gsc uber's Marowak: 50% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Zapdos: 122 HP

Begin Turn #6
Marowak used Rock Slide!
(100 damage)
End of turn #6
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Mewtwo: 341 HP
gsc uber: dios
gsc uber: me lo sentivo
IL TIRANNO [GSC]: dios

Begin Turn #7
gsc uber withdrew Marowak!
gsc uber sent out Lugia (Lv.100 Lugia)!
Mewtwo used Ice Beam!
(34% damage)
It's super effective!
Lugia was frozen solid!
End of turn #7
gsc uber's Lugia: 72% HP (Frz)
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Mewtwo: 367 HP
Gran Suca Cazzi: MA NON DEVI PARLARE
Gran Suca Cazzi: MEWTWO

Begin Turn #8
Mewtwo used Ice Beam!
(37% damage)
It's super effective!
Lugia is frozen solid!
End of turn #8
gsc uber's Lugia: 42% HP (Frz)
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Mewtwo: 393 HP
Gran Suca Cazzi: NON DEVI
Gran Suca Cazzi: PARLARE
IL TIRANNO [GSC]: xke??
Phetto [GSC]: HO INCONTRATO RAIKOU SELVATICO!
IL TIRANNO [GSC]: è simpa
gsc uber: è la prima volta che vedo abry sclerare...è un evento raro
gsc uber: ò.ò

Begin Turn #9
Mewtwo used Thunderbolt!
(38% damage)
It's super effective!
Lugia is frozen solid!
End of turn #9
gsc uber's Lugia: 11% HP (Frz)
IL TIRANNO [GSC]: 'ma vaffanculo' ora dice

Begin Turn #10
Mewtwo used Thunderbolt!
(10% damage)
It's super effective!
Lugia fainted!
Gran Suca Cazzi: ^
End of turn #10
gsc uber's Tyranitar: 100% HP

Begin Turn #11
Mewtwo used Submission!
(68% damage)
It's super effective!
Tyranitar used Crunch!
(194 damage)
It's super effective!
End of turn #11
gsc uber's Tyranitar: 38% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Mewtwo: 179 HP

Begin Turn #12
gsc uber withdrew Tyranitar!
Mewtwo used Submission!
(9% damage)
End of turn #12
gsc uber's Mewtwo: 97% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Mewtwo: 196 HP
IL TIRANNO [GSC]: tanto missi sub

Begin Turn #13
Mewtwo used Selfdestruct!
(90% damage)
Mewtwo fainted!
End of turn #13
gsc uber's Mewtwo: 13% HP

Begin Turn #14
Mewtwo used Recover!
Mewtwo regained health!
Snorlax used Earthquake!
(20% damage)
End of turn #14
gsc uber's Mewtwo: 50% HP

Begin Turn #15
Mewtwo's attack missed!
Mewtwo fell asleep!
End of turn #15
gsc uber's Mewtwo: 56% HP (Slp)
IL TIRANNO [GSC]: strano!!

Begin Turn #16
Snorlax used Double-Edge!
(37% damage)
Snorlax is hit with recoil!
End of turn #16
gsc uber's Snorlax: 70% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Snorlax: 508 HP
IL TIRANNO [GSC]: ha missato dynamicpunch!

Begin Turn #17
(508 damage)
Snorlax fainted!
Snorlax fainted!
gsc uber: lo so >_<
End of turn #17
gsc uber's Tyranitar: 44% HP

Begin Turn #18
Mew used Submission!
Mew's attack missed!
Tyranitar used Crunch!
(196 damage)
It's super effective!
End of turn #18
gsc uber's Tyranitar: 50% HP
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Mew: 232 HP

Begin Turn #19
Mew used Submission!
(50% damage)
It's super effective!
Mew is hit with recoil!
Tyranitar fainted!
End of turn #19
Shenron [GSC Uber]'s Mew: 207 HP

Begin Turn #20
Mew used Explosion!
(49% damage)
Marowak fainted!
Mew fainted!
Gran Suca Cazzi: sand veil tyranitar
End of turn #20
gsc uber's Mewtwo: 62% HP (Slp)
Gran Suca Cazzi: sisi
gsc uber: gg

Begin Turn #21
Mewtwo is fast asleep.
Heracross used Megahorn!
(62% damage)
It's super effective!
Mewtwo fainted!

Shenron [GSC Uber]: yee

NetBattle v1.1.1
Log saved 14/05/2010 at 17.18.51

No offense, but this is hardly the skill level that qualifies as a foundation to make any sort of claim. Some absurdly bad players and judgement there. That's not grounds to make ANY assumption, if anything, that's exactly how they shouldn't have played. I'd argue that most, if not all, aren't even competitive players on any level.

Can I dismiss any battle with Venusaur?

Both Mew and Mewtwo make an appearance here.

Swagger/Transform Mew discredits any legitimacy that this had of being a serious tournament. Regardless of how absolutely moronic that is, both Mew and Mewtwo make an appearance here as well.

None of these logs disproved any of my claims. Mew/Mewtwo will be on every team, followed by Snorlax/Lugia. Snorlax is NOT more popular/better than Mew (Mewtwo is slightly debatable, I'm curious to see how that one will play out). But the mere notion that we're putting Snorlax in the same sentence as the two most dominant pokemon that'll never make an appearance in competitive play tells you a little about how banworthy Snorlax is don't you think?

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
It's certainly admirable that Snorlax continues to be powerful in Ubers battles but you can't use that to justify that it deserves to be Uber itself. It's a different metagame. Umbreon would appear to be quite good in OU too if we let its capability in Ubers color our impressions (i.e. it's the only hard Mewtwo counter), yet it basically does nothing in OU but attempt to counter Curse users.

*gonna check out these logs now even though I hate Ubers and user Borat thinks they're scrubby...* Bored.

Miltank's most underrated aspect is its Speed which allows it to Growl anything that Curses before they can fire a +1 attack (not true with Blissey)...
It's almost as if Curse lowers the opponent's Speed or something... :toast: you silly billy. That's not to say Miltank's Speed is useless but this is not really the situation.

Skarmory walls Marowak too, kind of. It's your best bet. And it's pretty good against Heracross too. Cursegon2, the IB kind. Ursaring, Kangkaskhan, among other things that Skarmoy drove to the end of extinction. I don't think you'll get very far in terms of arguing against Skarmory's usefulness in the game. I never liked Umbreon though, but I'd make a 1 for 1 trade against a snorlax anyday. And it does pursuit stuff I guess, which is always awesome.
Skarmory doesn't really wall Marowak. If it did, it wouldn't have to resort to Thief to scare Marowak away. :P It loses switching into Swords Dance. The best pokémon against Marowak is really Cloyster or Suicune, who can survive a hit from full health and hit it hard. Suicune is more likely to die with Spikes down or even very minor chip damage, though. I guess Skarm can spam Drill Peck and obtain largely the same result (heavily injure Marowak but die in the process) but trying to Whirlwind is a losing battle.

P2 eh kinda, though it eventually wins when it forces a freeze or it just has Tbolt/Thunder from the get-go. Kangaskhan and its Cursing friends don't lose to Skarmory because Curse makes them slower, allowing them to out-phaze the now faster Skarmory. (They're "dead" because they're not that good and were just a brief fad, not because Skarmory appeared in the metagame.) Heracross... point taken but Zapdos does that while being a much better pokémon in general.

Umbreon's Pursuit is worthless. So are its Baton Passing capabilities, to pre-empt that response. The only pokémon who even remotely gives a crap is Gengar, who lacks the recovery and solid STAB special attack that both Alakazam and Starmie have, and Gengar will just suicide and trade if Umbreon somehow manages to threaten a KO. Umbreon just doesn't DO anything except shut down Cursers... which you can just as well do with Growl on Miltank/Blissey, Gengar/Missy, Reflect Forretress, or "counter" with your own Curse users. There are better pokémon for the job that also do more than just sitting there, looking pretty. Well, okay, Forretress doesn't do much either but it also lays Spikes and learns Explosion.

grr I hate alakazam and also blissey
Your hate is better directed at legitimately crappy OU pokémon, like Electivire in DPP. :P I'm done with this other than to mention that Encore is just that good. It effectively prevents the opponent from using non-attack moves against 'Zam and, surprise, it can win a slugfest against most pokémon when it's allowed to Recover and they aren't. (Well, they can, but then they get Encored and become set-up bait for Alakazam's teammates and/or PP drained quickly.)

Toxic is a bad move in general and it's even worse on a pokémon with such prolific offensive strength as Alakazam.

you can't use that to justify that it deserves to be Uber itself.
Snorlax suffers from a severe case of "overcentralizing the game" (isn't that the basis of argument for all bans?). In fact, Snorlax IS the metagame. It's the mere concept that people can't fathom GSC without Snorlax that's keeping it in play. Its fate intertwined in the web of GSC metagame.

Honestly, a no-snorlax OU environment would be a awesome breath of fresh air. This opens up countless different possibilities and a tournament like this involving the best minds GSC has to offer would be... epic.

The best pokémon against Marowak is really Cloyster or Suicune, who can survive a hit from full health and hit it hard.
Wrong. Those two take substantial damage from on the switch EQs (40% after leftovers), whereas on the switch RSes against Skarm are laughable(18% after leftovers).

So are its Baton Passing capabilities, to pre-empt that response.
Why would I ever advocate BP on anything that's not Growtheon/Jolteon? Albeit, ZC BPs work against Skarm only phazing teams.

Kangaskhan and its Cursing friends don't lose to Skarmory because Curse makes them slower, allowing them to out-phaze the now faster Skarmory.
You couldn't make the assumption that I understood this fact, and didn't have to specify the non-phazing kind? Snorlax cemented Skarmory's place in the OU environment, but that's not to say Skarmory was worthless in the first place.

I've stated Umbreon is worthless. It doesn't do anything other than "not die". Why are you arguing to agree?

Growl Miltank is good, but like havoc mentioned, it doesn't like being paralyzed. Umbreon's movepool is worthless and doesn't need its other slots for moves that actually do something (HB), and I even recall at one time the popularity of Rest/ST/Growl/Charm Umbreon.

Growl Blissey doesn't do anything to Cursers on an account of it can't switch into anything that packs curse.

Not sure what Gengar/Missy would do, enlighten me.

Or Forretress, against the fire special that a lot of cursers pack because of Skarm. You're not suggesting Forretress AND Gengar/Missy as an Umbreon replacement are you?

I don't know what DPP alliterations prove, but ok. Especially when you're high off your past. Encore is an exceptional move, gamebreaking if used properly, but Encore also runs off 8 PP. And Alakazam has the staying/switching power of a dehydrated frog. 100 def, 200 spc def, and 300 HP won't be switching into anything that's not already a switch/rest, not without screens anyway. But I guess you can delusion yourself and enjoy being wildly mediocre using sweeping Zam, that's your preference. And there's nothing here arguing the merits of Blissey, why? Perhaps it's the idea of evolution, that players no longer use one dimensional attacking Pokemon which is the only instance skarmbliss does anything other than die, or Blissey's inability to learn Reflect with HB (which would chang my view), that puts it at the losing end of every matchup. Ever try using Blissey against anything that's not completely stall? It's a hell of a crutch.

Welcome to 06-07.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)