Somewhat Successful Sandstorm Team

I'm having on and off success with this team. I've played about 10 matches in pokebank doubles and have won four. Ice seems to be a bit of a problem some games but others I do just fine against ice. Not sure what I would replace to offer some more resistance if it's needed. Well, I guess I'll just get to it, here's the team. Sorry about being sprite-less, can't figure it out

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Heavy Metal
EV: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 HP
Impish
-Heavy Slam
-Rock Slide
-Protect
-Power Up Punch

I'm a BIG fan of Mega Aggron. With his sky high defense and filter ability, he takes EQ's like a champ. Power Up Punch is here in the odd chance I get a free turn to set up and deal some damage. I mainly use protect to save myself from teammate's EQ's. Great physical wall with sweeping potential.

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EV: 252 HP / 204 Atk/ 52 Def
Sassy
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Protect
-Yawn

Here for Sand Stream, but I like having some attacking power behind it. Sassy nature for a little more resistance against special attacks. Not really much to say about it, don't use it for much besides Sand Stream and EQ.

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EV: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly
-Cross Poison
-Fly
-Haze
-U-Turn

I love using Crobat as a lure. Something wastes a turn trying to go for the easy KO on a Crobat that outspeeds and flies out of reach. Black Sludge to negate that nasty sandstorm damage. Also nice to have a Poke with haze to stop sweepers.

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EV: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Brick Break
-Crunch

Fragile physical sweeper. I opted to go with no setup so he could just deal as much Super Effective damage as possible before he died. Usually manages to take out at least 2 enemies per round as well as most dragons sent in to counter him.

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Suction Cups
EV: 252 HP / 12 Atk / 104 Def / 36 SpA / 104 SpD
Relaxed
-Giga Drain
-Rock Slide
-Stockpile
-Toxic

Now for the fun part. I love Cradily. Great mixed wall, and if given the chance to setup with stockpile, nigh unkillable. It took a Tyranitar with stone edge and a Heatran with eruption 4 turns to kill my 3 stockpiled Cradily using giga drain every turn. Throw in toxic and he can stall out for quite a while. And finally...

Whimsicott @ Mental Herb
Ability: Prankster
EV: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Bold
-Leech Seed
-Stun Spore
-Helping Hand
-Toxic

I use Whimsicott as my lead next to Hippowdon. Just try to inflict as many status conditions on as many Pokes as my opponent decides to switch in. Leech Seed goes a long way towards increasing the longevity of Whimsicott/ whatever I switch in for it. And if I get Whimsicott and Garchomp on the field at the same time, then Helping Hand plus EQ= KO on everything I've come across that doesn't resist (which Whimsicott does) or is an invested physical wall. Very useful pokemon for battlefield hijinx.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and for any help you can give me. Sorry again for not having sprites, I'll work on that.

If you're gonna set up sand, shouldn't you keep Sand veil instead of Rough skin on Garch?
Also, DON'T use fly. EVER.
1)Everyone can predict it and switch to a pokemon that resists it.
2)Almost EVERY pokemon in any metagame keeps protect. They can attack the first turn, and protect the second.
Summing it up, just use brave bird instead of fly. It's stronger, and MUCH better.

If you're gonna set up sand, shouldn't you keep Sand veil instead of Rough skin on Garch?
Also, DON'T use fly. EVER.
1)Everyone can predict it and switch to a pokemon that resists it.
2)Almost EVERY pokemon in any metagame keeps protect. They can attack the first turn, and protect the second.
Summing it up, just use brave bird instead of fly. It's stronger, and MUCH better.

Yeah after I posted this I played a few more games and realized how easily stone edge destroys a flying pokemon. And I would use sand veil but unfortunately it violates a rule on evasive abilities. But thank you for the advice!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)