1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Song Crisis

Discussion in 'Other Metagames' started by Djqubi, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Djqubi

Djqubi

Approved by Arcticblast

[​IMG]

What is Song Crisis?

1. When a Pokemon is sent out to the field, it will automaticly gain Perish Song.
    2. Perish Song now lasts for 5 turns.
    3. Shadow Tag, Arena Trap and Magnet Pull abilities are banned.
    4. Only 2 Pokemons in the party can learn either Mean Look, U-Turn, Volt Switch, Block, Imprision,Fire Spin, Bind, Wrap, Spider Web, Whirlpool, Clamp and Sand Tomb. (ex. If a team has a Sandshrew and Onix that know Sand Tomb, other Pokemons can't have trapping moves.)
    5. Only 2 Pokemons in the party can hold Eject Button.
    6. Only 2 Pokemons in the party can hold Shed Shell.
    7. Song Crisis is played on OU.
    This supports the idea of Hit&Run and also it increases the popularity of Hazards&Spinners even more.

I hope you have fun playing this meta!
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
    Prosecutor Godot likes this.
  2. Lyto

Lyto
    is a Pre-Contributor

This seems interesting.

I suppose with the perish song effect we aren't going to be seeing many boosters.
  3. WasSollDas

WasSollDas

lol, the first thing I realized is that toxic will almost be useless in this meta.

This looks pretty cool, I think entry hazards and choice-users will be the most dominant. (every team will need a spinner/magic bouncer)
    Also, I wonder if trapping moves will end up being a gimmick, or an actually viable move.
  4. Mylo Xyloto

Mylo Xyloto

I'd actually play this tier, looks p. fun ^_^
  5. Keep it Playful

Keep it Playful

Cool idea for a tier! I was wondering would Soundproof work upon entry so as to cancel the effect of the Perish Song for the Pokemon? In addition to what WasSollDas said about hazards and choice users, I see Magic Guard having some potential here.
  6. Djqubi

Djqubi

The thing with boosters seems about right, since no Pokemon can able to really set up and sweep now. (A.K.A. Volcorona now needs luck with scarf Fiery Dance)

Also, Bounce users can be taken advantage of with Roar/Whirlwind, since it will bounce back and make a switch for you, so I would rather keep them.

Also, it would be awsome if someone could implement this to PS. We could do some testings if it gets implemented.
  7. youngjake93

youngjake93

This meta seems like it would make Stealth Rocks even more centralizing
  8. Mulan15262

Mulan15262

Don't forget spikes.
  9. Pikachuun

Pikachuun

I like this metagame. It reinforces the concept of hit-and-run, but also allows Rapid Spin to have more usage. Also the pic in the OP. I do have a question though. What will happen if a Poke uses Perish Song while they already have it? will the length shorten to 3 turns, or will it stay the same?
  10. Djqubi

Djqubi

It will stay the same, however, it only matters for 1 turn so it is kinda useless just to get a 1 turn early switch.
  11. Sewa

Sewa

I'll renew his question since nobody replied.
  12. Djqubi

Djqubi

I missed that, sorry.

No, because it would break the meaning of the metagame itself.
  13. Keep it Playful

Keep it Playful

Thanks Sewa and Djqubi. I gotcha, just wondered if a few mons had an edge that had the ability.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)