ORAS NU Soon™

My name is MARCU5theBAW5 / BAW5theMARCU5 / awesomarcus / Dankslash / Fourteenth Doctor / BawFive.

After an unneeded pre-intro of who i am (even tho you should already know) I am here to present possibly my best team ever and it's been going ham. Like this team actually has been wrecking everything, and without any further bullcrap, I will proceed to--- In fact, i don't know why i'm still typing this out. whatever lets head straight into the team

Actually, this team's original intent was to try to counter all forms of weather without using my own weather. I don't actually think weather is that common, but one day I was left saltier than a bag of McDonalds fries after taking an L to a rain team I should have easily beaten. And I think I covered it decently with all of the priority and other stuff that I'll introduce in the team. I still have no idea why I haven't gotten right into the descriptions yet, but typing this out makes my RMT seem longer than it is.

Kadabra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Thunder Wave
- Signal Beam

Thunder Wave with Sash is actually a really cool way for this Kadabra to live with Sash and paralyze whatever I'm currently getting rekt by so that something else can just outspeed it and kill it. I usually flip a coin for Psychic or Psyshock but here is a different story because here, I just prefer Psychic. Then I threw on 2 useful coverage moves. Signal Beam takes out Shiftry and Malamar while HP Ground hits Skuntank and Klinklang. It's a great way to stop mid-game sweeps or something by clicking on the Thunder Wave button and hoping to god they're not Lum Berry or something.

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Leaf Storm
- Extrasensory
- Sucker Punch

This is a set i tried not too long ago and I was pretty impressed with the results. Shiftry almost always uses Knock Off over Dark Pulse on a set like this (with this team and a couple of my others being the exceptions), but with Dark Pulse I can focus on its Special Attack and just have Sucker Punch for priority. I've tested this team in a couple ladder games and I legit have yet to send it out on the ladder. However it has caught many people off guard in tourneys, and I like it. I could probably fit Hurricane on this set, I believe I've heard people talking about that, but for now, I'm leaving it like this.

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Aqua Tail

I really wanted Earthquake here but this team just straight dies to Rhydon if it sets up. If Rhydon was setting up on anything, it was this Kangaskhan as Earthquake doesn't do enough. I really liked Earthquake for Steel types, but I'm not actually looking too weak to them on this team. Double Edge combined with Scrappy takes lives from anything that isn't a Rock or Steel type. Fake Out is pretty cool priority, and so is Sucker Punch. I needed something physically offensive on the team, and this ended up being the right choice for me I guess.

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Atk / 208 Def
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Drain Punch
- Toxic Spikes

Next up on the roster (99.9% sure i said that on my last RMT but just roll with it) is a Garbodor with a slightly different EV setup than most. I kinda like ensuring my Drain Punches do enough damage. They probably already do, but I wasn't feeling like going NASCAR with the 96. speed EVs. Allows me to take more physical hits and do decent damage because I wasn't thinking I really needed the speed on a team like this one. Spike Stacking is really beneficial for a team like this one because the attackers on it are pretty great with Spike Stack support.

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out
- Knock Off

At this point I was hella weak to Fire types and was in need of something specially defensive, so I went with a Hariyama here as it's a pretty good answer to Fire types and Ice types with the Thick Fat ability and the AV. The Special Defense also helps me take on a lot of other random stuff as well, but answering Fire Types and Ice types was the main priority here. (lol git it priority cause it has 2 priority moves? im so funny.)

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Wave

Cradily isn't that great in NU, but this team's original intent was to counter multiple forms of weather, right? Yes. And how was I going to pull that off without a Water resist? That's right, I wasn't. This is one of the select few times Cradily fits onto one of my teams. I don't actually know what to use as the last move, but Sludge Wave hit Ludicolo harder than any other move, although it does leave me vulnerable to Steel types and Poison types, which I don't actually think matters too much since I'm not weak to them anyway.

Welp, that's the team. I actually don't know what to write here. God dang it, i'm doing that thing again where i just write stuff and I have no idea why.

SHOUTOUTS:
Me, myself, and I. For building this epic team.

Why do I need to put replays? You already know that i straight-up dominated with team. Don't believe me? here
(from /rank awesomarcus)

the only threat to this team is being haxed.

Looking for some crisp battle music? Look no further! Here are some cool battle theme songs I always play in battles.

That should be everything. Bye.

I feel like I forgot something.

Crap, that's right
Kadabra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Thunder Wave
- Signal Beam

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Leaf Storm
- Extrasensory
- Sucker Punch

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Aqua Tail

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Atk / 208 Def
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Drain Punch
- Toxic Spikes

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out
- Knock Off

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Wave

Last edited:
Hey MARCU5theBAW5

Sweet team you have here. It indeed has a very good matchup vs weather, so at least the initial purpose of the team is complete. I also like the amount of sheer wallbreakers you have + hazards, it makes it seem ridiculously hard to keep all these threats at bay all at once. As far as improvements are concerned, you have quite a good matchup actually vs majority of pokemon, however i feel like the mon thats letting you down at the minute is Cradily. Its an OK Stealth Rocker for what you are trying to achieve, but it isnt the best water resist in the world (i assume thats what you are using it for over other SR'ers), so we should probably replace that for a more reliable Stealth Rocker with better matchup vs Water Type pokemon. My other problem i have with this team is your lack of outright win-condition(aka mon with settup move). You have a shitton of wallbreaking presence, but nothing really to take advantage of it, so thats probably something we have to consider.

My intial change is gonna be Mixed Defenses Ferroseed > Cradily. The Reason i chose Ferroseed over other mons is because it is one of the better water resists in the tier, with its typing allowing it to take Neutral from Ice Beams as well as resist Grass Type coverage, the two most common coverage moves for the likes of Samurott. It also gives you a much better matchup vs standard SD Rotter, taking neutral damage from megahorn, and hitting it with leech seeds as well as iron barbs damage. I also noticed your team is relatively weak to fighting type pokemon. Cradily is complete fighting type fodder, however, ferroseed can scout with Protect vs the likes of banded Sawk, meaning you can often catch out a sawk predicting your garbodor by using protect to scout for its coverage moves. Other fighting types like Gurdurr dont enjoy switching into ferroseed (because leech seed is annoying, couple that with Rocky Helmet Damage from Garbodor, not fun), further improving matchup. Its also a natural resist to Klinklang, which your team is also quite weak to, so it makes sense to have something for it.

My second change is gonna be SD Shiftry > Mixed Shiftry. I explained in the intro that you need something to win you the game, and SD Shiftry gives you the ability to sweep in the late game, with +2 Sucker Punch being the strongest (fuck cacturne) relevant priority in the tier, its important that you use this set so you can either break walls for kanga / yama or vise-versa. Shiftry is a big sleeper mon at the minute, and i think although your set is really cool, its not really what your team needs.

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 156 Def / 56 SpD
Impish / Sassy / Careful / Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rocks
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off / Protect / Thunder Wave
- Gyro Ball / Protect / Thunder Wave

Swords Dance ---> Extrasensory
Leaf Blade ---> Giga Drain
Knock Off
Sucker Punch
@ Life Orb Shiftry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature

gl in the future
~HJAD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)