1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

SOS is for Sorry, Offensive Sun

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Starm, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Starm

Starm

[​IMG]I)

I) INTRODUCTION

Hello to all and welcome on my RMT.I hope enjoy reading about my RMT. It's my first one on this forum. I will present my best team on BW and the most efficace. I play this generation since the begening. After tests all type of team, I decided use a Sun team because it's the most deceived climate if the Weather War is win. I prefer Offense than Stall because Stall is really long and hard to play. It's my competitive team so I can use it for little tournament on Smogon. Actually, I built this team for the ST8 but I haven't got the time for do it but I can use this team for little tournament on Smogon server.

Enough talk, I will present my team, it can seem a classic team because of Pokemon who are common on a Sun but I did some changements for have this result. The team has had a long story, it's here the final version. Now the analys of the team.

II) IN DEPHT

[​IMG]
    Mr. Sun @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drought
    EVs: 156 HP / 252 SAtk / 100 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Protect
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]
    - Fire Blast

Ninetales has of course a major mission on my team because of Drought. He has an important offensive pressure because of his doubled stab. With Ninetales, I nearly all use WoW and Protect on the begening of the match for weak Polioted and Tyranitar. I lead with him when it isn't a Sand Sorm,a Rain and a Sun with Dudtrio, I use Protect on the begening for know what adverse Pokemon would use. I chose Will-O-Wisp and Protect for easy weak the Tyranitar and Politoed, they are common switch-in, with Protect I win a turn with Leftovers, I can weak Tyra and Politoed because of the burn and I can scout Choice user. The burn is too useful again Dragonite, he often switch on Ninetales, the Dragon Dancer loose his Lum Berry and if it's the Choice Bander, he is useless. It's help to again Haxorus who is outspeed and another physical who often come on Ninetales. HP Fighting is here for weaken Heatran, his Air Ballon is break and Tyranitar, they take on 30%. Fire Blast is here for have a powerful stab.

Evs in Speed and the Timid nature are for outspeed Jolly Mamoswine, Nite and Adamant Haxorus. I would a big pressure so I puted the maximum Evs in Special Attack. And the rest goes in HP for have a more important bulk. I prefer use Leftovers becaus of Ninetales' important mission and even without it, he has a great power with Fire Blast.

[​IMG]
    H├ęphaistos (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 36 HP / 244 SAtk / 228 Spd
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Stealth Rock

Heatran is an important member on my team, he helps again another Sun, he can absorb all fire moves and can sweep with an incredible Fire Blast. He helps a lot again Volcarona Heatran because of his resistance to stab and the Air Baloon. Heatran also puts Stealth Rock for help the sweep of my sweepers. All moves are classics on Heatran, Fire Blast is for the stab with an incredible power, even Rotm-W Scarf takes behind 60 and 70%. Earth Power is here for the coverage and another Heatran. HP Ice is here for Dragon, especialy Dragonite and Latios, Gliscor and Landorus. Stealth Rock is an important support for help my team. ​

Evs in Speed are for outspeed Adamant Toxicroak. Maximum Special Attack for have a powerful sweep. The rest is in HP for have more bulk. The Air Ballon is an exellent item, it helps me again Landorus, Gliscor, another Heatran, Dugtrio and Volcarona with HP Ground.

[​IMG]
    Florizarre (Venusaur) (M) @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 76 HP / 252 SAtk / 180 Spd
    - Sunny Day
    - SolarBeam
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Sleep Powder

Venusaur is just the best Sun abuser and one of the best choice for a Sun. With his doubled speed, he can outspeed anything and revenge kill. He is my only solution again Landorus because if the Heatran's Air Baloon is break, she can't do something. He is also my counter to Volt-Turn, he can easy come on Rotom-W, destroy him with SolarBeam and take out Scizor with HP Fire. Venusaur is of course my main solution for Rain because of his type and his bulk. He is often my Late Game Sweeper because of his incerdible speed because of Chlorophyll, his good bulk and his power. Moves are classics except Sunny Day. Solar Beam is for the powerful stab, I prefer use SolarBeam over Energy Ball because I have Sunny Day . HP Fire is for help again Scizor, Ferrothorn and another Steel. Sleep Powder is for help again threat which Venusaur can't do something such as Dragonite, Latios and Heatran, it helps to use Sunny Day because I'm dependant of the Climate, I use this move, when Ninetales is died or when he is really weak.

Evs in Speed with the Timid Nature are for outspeed Scarf Latios for use Sleep Powder and Scarf Terrakion, a major threat. I prefer use the Timid Nature over the Modest for outspeed Terra and Tios. I puted the maximum Evs in Special Attack for have an easy sweep. The rest is in HP for have a better resistance to all moves and make profitable of Venusaur's good bulk. I prefer use Black Sludge over Life Orb because of Venusaur's important role and for have a better resistance to Scizor's Bullet Punch. I also prefer Black Sudge over Leftovers for tricker.

[​IMG]
    Phan Mummy (Donphan) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Rapid Spin
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Ice Shard

Because of Victini and Dragonite, I need a Spiner. I tested all Spiners in OverUsed and Donphan was the best. The Spin support is really important for the team because I can't switch a lot with Ninetales, Victini can't use Final Gambit and Dragonite loses Multiscale. He can help a lot again SandStorm, especialy for Tyranitar and he will be my lead. He can also revenge kill powerful Dragon. Rapid Spin doesn't need explications. Earthquake is for the stab, with this move, I can sometimes 2HKO Jellicent with this move. Because of Heatran's Stealth Rock, I can use a last Offensive move, I choosed Stone Edge for Gengar, he often come on Donphan because of the low power of Ice Shard and the immunity to Earthquake and take a powerful Stone Edge, after I can finish him with Ice Shard. This move is for revenge kill common Dragon on OU.

I don't want break the Offensive sweep of my team, it's the reason of maximum EVs in Attack and the Adamant Nature. I would outspeed Saasy Tyranitar for easy lead with Donphan. The rest is in HP for better take hits.

[​IMG]
    Nostalgic (Dragonite) (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Outrage
    - Fire Punch
    - Earthquake
    - ExtremeSpeed

With the addition of Multiscale, Dragonite became the best Pokemon on BW OU, he can resist to nearly all moves even Outrage, Draco Meteor and boost Ice move. His Outrage is devastating, even Steels can be 2HKO with, Heatran and Jirachi who has an excellent bulk are easy 2HKO with Outrage. Dragonite is with Heatran, my best solution again Sun team, he has got a resistane to Grass and Fire moves. Because of his power, Dragonite is my Stall Breaker, he helps a lot again Reuniclus, one on the biggest threat for my team. Dragonite is too a counter to Volcarona who can be a pain with HP Ground when Heatran's Air Baloon is break. Dragonite is my lead again Rain because a lot of players use Perish Song again Dragonite because of the DD and Politoed takesa powerful Outrage and if he switches, I can use Earthquake/Fire Punch for the opposite Steel. It's a first reason to use the CB, the second reason is Heatran, his Air Ballon is break by Ninetales and take a surprising Earthquake. Moves are really classics. Outrage is for the destructive stab. Fire Punch boost by the Sunshine is really terraible. Earthquake for the coverage and Heatran. Extreme Speed is for have a powerful priority move.

Evs are self-explanory. Max Attack and speed for sweep really hard. I prefer maximise Speed for speed tie with another Adamat Dragonite and Adamant Mamoswine.​

[​IMG]
    Fortuna (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Victory Star
    EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spd
    - V-create
    - U-turn
    - Fusion Bolt
    - Final Gambit

Last but not least, Scarf Victini @ Final Gambit. Victini can seem reserve for UnderUsed but he is really efficace in OverUsed. His V-Create in Sun 2HKO anything even resistances except Nite when Multiscale is activate. Victini is my revenge killer, he can revenge kill nearly anything. Victini can be my finisher again Rain because of Fusion Bolt. Moves except Final Gambit are commons on Victini in UU. V-Create for the incredible stab, nothing without resistances can resist to this move when SR are put, even after one, Victini has a good speed, enough for outspeed neutral nature with 90 of base in Speed. U-turn is for scout, especialy Tyranitar for after get free placement. Fusion Bolt is for finish a Rain and for easy revenge kill Gyarados on +1. Final Gambit is the surprise, with the Spin, Victini does a lot of damages, it's more powerful than an Explosion so it isn't the definition of joke especilay when a Pokemon with a base of 100 in HP uses this move.

Evs in Speed are for outspeed Scarf Rotom-W and have a great speed after one V-create. I maximised Attack and I puted an Admant Nature for do a lot of damages with V-create. I puted the rest in HP for have more power with Final Gambit and more bulk.

III) CONCLUSION

The presentation is finished, it's the end of the RMT. I hope enjoy when you was reading the RMT. If you don't understand something, you can ask questions, if you have suggestions or advices, don't hesitate to say that.

Good bye.
  2. Scytherslash

Scytherslash

Dragon Dance Tyranitar seems like it could be a problem to the team, in a sand storm. After setting up, and with rocks on the field, it can beat all your pokes with Stone Edge/Earthquake/Ice Punch. And with the special defense boost from sand storm it should be able to take an Earth Power from Heatran. I think replacing Final Gambit with Brick Break would help with him, and give a little more coverage.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)