ORAS OU Soulmates 4 Eternity

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
~ѕσυℓмαтєѕ 4 єтєяηιту~

Hey everyone, it's Nostalgia here and welcome to my third RMT here! I decided to one of these for my hundredth post on Smogon since what else could I do >.< So this team originates back to early ORAS when Greninja was still around, and the original purpose of this squad was to test out Gothitelle. Someone suggested a Lopunny + Gothitelle core, so I did some building around it and managed to reach 1500 on my main alt before wanting to try out doughboy's rain team, and tilt and decay landed me back to 1400, right before the suspect ladder went up. I took that opportunity to do some more testing on the ladder, because frankly, idgaf about where Metagross ends up so I'm not laddering :] Outside of that, I've also won a tour with an earlier version of this team, and this has proven to be one of my more successful teams so far.
But anyway, words aside, let's get into the team!

And here's a nice song to listen to, I was building this team when listening to this song for ukelele practice in music class, and I thought it would fit the theme of the team nicely.

Lopunny was added first as the mega for the team. As I said, Gothitelle+Lopunny is a killer core, with the former disposing of counters to Lopunny such as Mega Venusaur, Amoonguss, Slowbro, Skarmory etc., whilst Lopunny in turn gets rid of Dark types that may threaten Gothitelle. Manaphy was subsequently added as a secondary win-con and stallbreaker, and again has excellent offensive synergy with Gothitelle, with Gothitelle beating the likes of Amoonguss and Ferrothorn for Manaphy.

Landorus-T was added as my pivot and revenge killer, and could also soak up VoltTurn directed at Gothitelle, as well as an important Mega Metagross check.

The Celetran core was then implemented into the squad. Heatran checked Talonflame and Celebi provided a secondary Megagross check as well as rain check. This was version 1 of the team.

Scizor replaced Landorus-T since Mega Altaria was a big threat to my team, and Scizor can revenge kill with banded Bullet Punch. Rotom-W replaced Celebi because I needed something for Stallbreaker Talonflame and also Mega Pinsir, as well as forming the ScizorWash VoltTurn core.

My most recent change, Zapdos took Rotom-W's place as my stallbreak T-flame check, Mega Pinsir counter and also providing much needed Defog support. Discharge is also fun :] So there we go, this is version 2 of the team.

~ιη ∂єтαιℓ~

Playboy (Lopunny-Mega) (M) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Baton Pass

Mega Lopunny is my second favourite mega released in ORAS, just a bit below Mega Gallade, and for good reason. Residing in a fantastic base 135 speed outspeeding common metagame threats such as Lati@s, Mega Metagross, Thundurus etc. as well as having an above-average 136 attack all wrapped up with two unresisted dual STABs, it's hardly surprising Lopunny rose from zero to hero, from PU to a former S rank position in OU.
Fake Out ensures Lopunny can safely mega evolve, and chip damage is always nice, turning 2HKOs into OHKOs such as Fake Out + Frustration beating Latios whilst Frustration solely does not. High Jump Kick is Lopunny's STAB fighting move, hitting Chansey, Ferrothorn etc. for supereffective damage. High Jump Kick is used over Drain Punch mainly because of the power difference. Frustration is used over Return for opposing Dittos, but otherwise there isn't a difference. Normal STAB alongside with Fighting STAB and Scrappy hits everything in the tier for at least neutral damage, and it also means I get to revenge kill Pokemon such as Gengar and Lati@s. Baton Pass is in the last slot to escape from satan Gothitelle's grasp, as well as pivoting to Gothitelle to trap would-be counters of Lopunny if necessary. The given EVs are standard, maxing out attack to hit as hard as possible and speed to tie with Mega Manectric and outspeed anything slower than that, such as Choice Scarf Tyranitar.

Literally Satan (Gothitelle) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Gothitelle rounds up the Lopunny + Gothitelle core, being capable of trapping and eliminating counters and a few checks to Lopunny such as Slowbro, Skarmory, Amoonguss, Tangrowth etc. with Shadow Tag. Psychic is Gothitelle's main STAB, chosen over Psyshock for it's higher base power as well being able to hit Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss for more damage. Thunderbolt demolishes Skarmory, Slowbro as well as weakened Azumarill and Manaphy. Hidden Power Fire is the chosen HP because it can deal with Scizor and Ferrothorn. Trick is the last move, as it can cripple opponents such as Chansey and Clefable who may give the team trouble. The EV spread is quite standard, 88 speed in tandem with the 30 IVs for speed required for HP Fire outspeed 0 speed Mega Scizor as well as everything slower such as Clefable and Azumarill. Max special attack is required to hit as hard as possible whilst the rest of the EVs are dumped into HP to maximise Gothitelle's bulk as well as avoiding the 3HKO from Chansey's Seismic Toss. Choice Specs is the item to hit as hard as possible.

Not a Prince (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Energy Ball

Manaphy here is my secondary stallbreaker as well as my win-con. Gothitelle successfully traps many of Manaphy's counters such as bulky grasses like Ferrothorn and Mega Venusaur, paving a way for a possible Manaphy sweep. Tail Glow is the boosting move of choice, making Manaphy immediately threatening after only one boost. Rain Dance boosts Scald and also activates Hydration, leaving Manaphy immune to status whilst having a rain-boosted, Tail-Glow boosted Scald under it's belt. Scald is used Surf because 10 damage isn't much power difference and the burn chance is very much appreciated to wear down switch-ins to Manaphy such as Latios. Lastly, Energy Ball let's Manaphy get past Water types such as Azumarill, Keldeo and Slowbro.
Leftovers is the item of choice, increasing Manaphy's longevity, and the EVs are quite standard. 160 speed with Timid outspeeds Jolly Excadrill and everything slower such as Bisharp, Breloom and Mamoswine. Max special attack pumps up Manaphy's special attack to insane levels particularly after a Tail Glow boost, and the rest is put into HP for more overall bulk.

Krimzen (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Scizor here is my revenge killer as well as fairy check. Bullet Punch coupled with Technician allows Scizor to get past threats such as D-dance Mega Altaria, Rock Polish Mega Diancie, weakened CM+MG Clefable etc. Revenge killing the likes of BD Azumarill is also possible. U-Turn is Scizor's bug STAB, gaining momentum on the countless switches that Scizor forces, as well as hitting the likes of Celebi, Slowbro and Latios for super effective damage. Pursuit is next, allowing Scizor to pursuit trap fleeing Gengar and Lati@s. With Scizor's typing, it's a decent Pursuit user since it can switch into HP Fire-less Latios. Superpower is last, letting Scizor OHKO Heatran as well as deal heavy damage to Ferrothorn and Magnezone.
The EVs are standard, 248 HP to reduce entry hazards damage, max attack with a Choice Band to hit as hard as possible. 30 IVs in speed makes sure opposing Scizor outspeed my Scizor so they U-Turn out first.

Stripes (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge / Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Zapdos is my newest member on the team, as well as my stallbreaker Talonflame, Mega Pinsir, Mega Gyarados check all in one, as well as providing defog support. Discharge is first since the 30% chance to paralyse is really handy, letting Zapdos slow down attackers such as Mega Charizard X. Thunderbolt can also be used for more power, but I personally like Discharge more for the paralysis chance. Roost is next as incredibly reliable recovery, letting Zapdos shrug off hits more easily as well as increasing overall longevity. Defog gets rid of hazards that cut the lives of my team shorter, so the switching that happens will not take too much of a toll. Lastly, Hidden Power Ice hits Gliscor and Landorus-T who are immune to Discharge, but otherwise HP Ice is more of a filler move.
The EVs are self-tailored to give Zapdos as much bulk as possible. 248 HP reduces Stealth Rock damage, 16 speed outspeeds Adamant Bisharp and slower, and the rest is put into Defense to maximise Zapdos' bulk. Leftovers is used of course used for more longevity.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Eh no taunt so no speed :]
Heatran is my special wall, Clefable counter as well as phazer. Lava Plume makes sure Heatran isn't completely taunt-bait, as well as spreading burns to Pokemon that may switch in to Heatran such as Keldeo and Latios, cutting down their lifespan. Stone Edge is kind of odd, but it beats Talonflame and Mega Charizard Y who would otherwise trouble this team. Even with a Calm Nature Stone Edge hits harder than Ancient Power on both Talonflame and Mega Charizard which is why I chose it over Ancient Power. Misses are a part of life though. Anyway, Stealth Rock is next up, whittling and punishing switches that my opponent makes. Not only do I deter Talonflame, Charizard and Volcarona from switching in, I also make sure my opponent wastes a turn defogging/spinning and rocks also turn some 2HKOs into OHKOs. Finally, Roar is a nice phazing move in general, beating CM+MG Clefable who is otherwise a big threat to the team.
I went with a max max spread, if there's something more efficient then let me know :]

~ƒιηαℓ ωσя∂ѕ~

Threatlist added.

Playboy (Lopunny-Mega) (M) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Baton Pass

Gothitelle (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Energy Ball

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Creator of Chaos qwazz Teeny Victory Rainbow + Karxrida Kurona Recreant ty frens for making me feel welcome at smogon ily all :]

Thanks for your time looking through this, really appreciate this, and feel free to make any comments on it! Peace, Nostalgia out.

(Also tagging Rainbow + so she can rate my team)

Last edited:

DarkNostalgia

is a Contributor Alumnus
Reserved for threatlist.

Mega Manectric
Thundurus
Mega Gyarados
Specs Sylveon

Eh dunno if there's anything else, just added some stuff I had trouble with. (The Sylveon in question had HP Ground, QQ)

Last edited:

Pent

dumb broad
Mfw tagging twice.

Looks like a good crew, still one problem though.
Since you're not running PuP Lopunny, no point in Baton Pass. Run something like Healing Wish, Substitute, or Ice Punch.
Not too keen on having Zapdos for your Defogger, are you open to any replacements for it?

Nice team and thank you for the shout out. When Im on this friday I'll challange you to a battle to see whos lop/goth core does better. Anyway 2 things I notice straight away. First on a non serious note you have unrealistic fear of my Clefable and I recommend seeing someone about it. Second and more Importantly 1 pokemon that threatens your team badly is mega Manetric. Not only does It speed tie and intimidate your bunny it can also Volt swtich out on Goth, Nail manaphy and it does not really care about scizor. If you fail to wear it down early Mane can eat through the team. By extention this make the double intimate core of Mane/lando-T really bad to face (Not lando on his own tho just the double core lol). So make sure these are added to the threatlist.

Anyway I'm Tired so I'll post more tommorow and suggest a solution. Till then tho take care

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Seriously No Shout outs again! jk. Not Much to say about your team since its great, but why have baton pass on Lopunny since its useless replace it with Ice punch for protection of lando-t, or healing wish to heal your dying troops.(I know Rainbow + said this, but it has no use really...)

DarkNostalgia

is a Contributor Alumnus
Mfw tagging twice.

Looks like a good crew, still one problem though.
Since you're not running PuP Lopunny, no point in Baton Pass. Run something like Healing Wish, Substitute, or Ice Punch.
Not too keen on having Zapdos for your Defogger, are you open to any replacements for it?
Oh my god I tagged twice, sorry :]

But yeah I'll try out Ice Punch and test out something for Manectric, ty for the rates :)

Since you're not running PuP Lopunny, no point in Baton Pass.
Dry passing actually gains a lot of momentum, especially dry passing to Goth if a Slowbro or Chesnaught attempts to check Lopunny. It also forms a pseudo VoltTurn core with Scizor, and there aren't any other obvious members for that type core outside of maybe Zapdos. Volt Switch Dos isn't too great imo.

DarkNostalgia

is a Contributor Alumnus
So er... bump? Ice Punch really isn't helping on Lopunny and I'm gonna be keeping Baton Pass.

I find that your team doesn't have any electric resists or immunities, and a Manaphy. Theoretically, Heatran seems to soak most of them up, without reliable recovery, it'll get worn down eventually, and the other team is bound to have more special attackers. Do you have any problems with Mega Manectric? It seems to be able to get opportunities to switch-in on Scizor and Zapdos, and potentially Manaphy.

DarkNostalgia

is a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I agree that Mega Manectric is definitely a problem for this team. Could something like Hippowdown or Seismitoad work instead of Zapdos? Zapdos is pretty expendable tbh...

You're Trinary Wind! :]

Hippowdon definitely is a very nice Talonflame counter and with a rock move it can deal with MPinsir too, although it helps with TFlame. The problem comes in with Mega Gyarados... I can't think of anything that can at least somewhat deal with all of them...

A scarfed electric type, maybe Raikou could work. But then, its power would be somewhat underwhelming and it still isn't the most suited for taking on Mega Manectric.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)