Spe-Neutrality

I feel like bringing back Sun's topics today, even if he's gone lol. Anyways, Pursuit should keep its particular effect, like switching did maintain, so there's a reason to use it instead of higher BP moves, even without its power boost, so it doesn't become scary again.

Second, an spinoff of this meta could be that moves that previously had priority, like Quick Attack, instead get a speed bonus, so if someone with 100 Speed uses QA against a 110, the first one gets to attack first, but if the second one had like 125, this last one will attack first instead. 20% +/- per priority bracket perhaps? Not that I want it done, just sharing my ideas.

I feel like bringing back Sun's topics today, even if he's gone lol. Anyways, Pursuit should keep its particular effect, like switching did maintain, so there's a reason to use it instead of higher BP moves, even without its power boost, so it doesn't become scary again.

Second, an spinoff of this meta could be that moves that previously had priority, like Quick Attack, instead get a speed bonus, so if someone with 100 Speed uses QA against a 110, the first one gets to attack first, but if the second one had like 125, this last one will attack first instead. 20% +/- per priority bracket perhaps? Not that I want it done, just sharing my ideas.
nah. They intentionally made pursuit useless. The speed changing effect also kinda defeats the purpose of this meta. Anyways, if you ever wanna play, I'm up for it.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm gonna be unorthodox and say that Ninetales sun sounds fun here. The main drawback to Ninetales as a sun setter in standard is that Zard Y is better due to megas that can abuse sun sufficiently not being worth using for said purpose 9/10, but with TR having +0 priority it is bound to become much more popular--making Mega Camerupt a solid anti-tr measure for such teams. Seriously, without a slow attacker weather teams are at the mercy of Trick Room, so a base 20 speed 'mon that can take advantage of both it and your own weather is a very useful asset to have. Camerupt can become virtually impossible to switch in on with an effective +2 boost to Fire Blast and a now-blazing speed tier, and then pair it with Venusaur, anti sand/rain measures and maybe even Sawsbuck and you can have a field day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)