Special Walls

The main special wall, as all we know, is Blissey, but it's over over over used. I was looking for other wall, and I found that in the D/P analysis:

Snorlax
move 1: Body Slam
move 2: Earthquake / Crunch / Pursuit / Fire Blast
move 3: Sleep Talk
move 4: Rest
item: Leftovers
nature: Careful
evs: 220HP / 36DEF / 252SPDEF

It have problems with Steel types if it carries Crunch, with Ghost if Fire Blast and with Flying if Earthquake. But it can stand very well lots of Special Sweepers.

Regice
move 1: Ice Beam
move 2: Rest
move 4: Thunderbolt / Toxic / Seismic Toss
nature: Calm
evs: 252HP / 252DEF / 6SPD

An Sleeptalker, the same as Snorlax, but it have better offensive capabilities, and with a 100 defense stat and 200 special defense stat it can stand a lot of hits, but it have problems with his weakness, and with Raikou if you choose Thunderbolt in the fourth slot.

Ludicolo
move 1: Rain Dance
move 2: Surf/Energy Ball/Grass Knot/Giga Drain
move 3: Ice beam
move 4: Leech Seed
item: Leftovers/Wet Rock

ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 204HP / 76SPATK / 124SPDEF / 104SPD

It has good Special defense stat, and it can stand some strong hits, furthermore, if it's raining, it can OHKO Salamence, before it kills you with his Draco Meteor. The main trouble, is Heracross.

I also thought about Mantine, but his 4x electric weakness is a big trouble.

We should be more original.

PD: Sorry for my horrible english xD

Edit: A big bug in the comments of Snorlax.

Yep we should be more original, but people tend to stick with the best, and thats what Blissey is.

The main special wall, as all we know, is Blissey, but it's over over over used. I was looking for other wall, and I found that in the D/P analysis:

Snorlax
move 1: Body Slam
move 2: Earthquake / Crunch / Pursuit / Fire Blast
move 4: Rest
nature: Careful
evs: 220HP / 36DEF / 252SPDEF

It have problems with Steel types if it carries Earthquake, or with Ghost if Fire Blast. But it can stand very well lots of Special Sweepers.

Regice
move 1: Ice Beam
move 2: Rest
move 4: Thunderbolt / Toxic / Seismic Toss
evs: 252HP / 252DEF / 6SPD

An Sleeptalker, the same as Snorlax, but it have better offensive capabilities, and with a 100 defense stat and 200 special defense stat it can stand a lot of hits, but it have problems with his weakness, and with Raikou if you choose Thunderbolt in the fourth slot.

Ludicolo
move 1: Rain Dance
move 2: Surf/Energy Ball/Grass Knot/Giga Drain
move 3: Ice beam
move 4: Leech Seed
item: Leftovers/Wet Rock

ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 204HP / 76SPATK / 124SPDEF / 104SPD

It has good Special defense stat, and it can stand some strong hits, furthermore, if it's raining, it can OHKO Salamence, before it kills you with his Draco Meteor. The main trouble, is Heracross.

I also thought about Mantine, but his 4x electric weakness is a big trouble.

We should be more original.

PD: Sorry for my horrible english xD
Steel is weak to ground- the only steel type that'd give you trouble is levitate bronzong. That's what you were thinking, I guess.

Also- what about Miltank? It actually has a bit of offense, and still gets milk drink/heal bell.

I've never used Blissey in a battle, I prefer to ride my luck or use the resistances that my team has to switch into attacks. Sure I lose more games that I'd like to, but it really helps push up my prediction level and that enables me to use more FUN pokemon.

Sorry with Earthquake in Snorlax, I was talking about Crunch but I wrote this.

I think that Miltank won't stand too many Special Attacks. But I thought about Empoleon, which can take all Specsmence's moves, but it has three very dangerous weakness: Electric, Ground, Fight.

There should be other effective special Wall!!

Other notable special walls not included here is Shuckle and Cradily(when SS is up) Cresselia, Uxie, Bronzong, Jirachi(don't laugh I use one and a lot I've faced are always frustrated with him) Dusknoir and Spiritomb should also be mentioned but they are rather unstable SpWalls.

Well, in a Sandstorm, IMO Cradily works better than Shuckle, because Cradily learns Recover, Stockpile, and it have a workable attack stat too, while Shuckle only uses Toxic and Rest to kill the foe and survive, but it is a good idea too.

Edit:
I've jst read irzz's post, and its very useful. Cresselia, Uxie, Bronzong, Dusknoir and Spiritomb are really good as a dual wall, because they have good stats in both defenses, but obviously, you could focus in a single way, the special one. About Jirachi, IMO it works better as physical wall, but it also works as a special one. The problem is Specsmence I think, because it can hit too hard to all of them, with Draco Meteor, with Flamethrower if Bronzong, but if it has Heatproof it could deal with him. Azelf with Nasty Plot, also hurts.

We have to find an alternative to Blissey.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
We have to find an alternative to Blissey.
No, we don't. The reason people use Blisseys is because people play to win. Let's not try and pretend any of the Pokemon you listed can even come close to Blissey's special defensive prowess.

Blissey is the best for regular, no background strategy teams, but Cradily is perfect for sandstorm teams and snorlax would work great in trick room ones in my opinion, next to bronzong..

I know that Blissey will always be the best special wall, but other pokemon should compete with him. I'm bored of Blissey, it is in the 90% of the RMT.
For example, in Physical Walls, the best is Skarmory, but you can use Gliscor, Swampert, Hippowdon, Donphan, etc. too!.

Blissey is the best for regular, no background strategy teams, but Cradily is perfect for sandstorm teams and snorlax would work great in trick room ones in my opinion, next to bronzong..
agreed, cradily is insane in a SS. Would also like to mention empolion and mantines specialwalling cababilites, both of them arer great specmence counter and chainchomps can barely scratch mantine.

Mantine fears electric too much for it to become a stable SpWall, I'm not too sure if Empoleon can live through a specs Draco Meteor. Blissey is still number one but that doesn't mean you have to use it to win. I personally have never used Blissey even in the 3rd gen I always find alternatives. Cress IMO is the second best to Bliss when it comes to walling.

The main problem with Mantine is its electric weakness, but it has a very good special defense stat. On the other hand, Empoleon is good against Specsmence, but it has 3 annoying weakness.

I think that too, but there is a problem with her, its very hard to get a good Cresselia... but it can deal perfectly with Specsmence.

PD: If I'm not wrong, Empoleon resists a Draco Meteor of Specsmence.

Mantine fears electric too much for it to become a stable SpWall, I'm not too sure if Empoleon can live through a specs Draco Meteor. Blissey is still number one but that doesn't mean you have to use it to win. I personally have never used Blissey even in the 3rd gen I always find alternatives. Cress IMO is the second best to Bliss when it comes to walling.
heard of gyra vire?

MANTIVIRE!!!

empoleon has good spdef and is resistant to dragon so he is quite a god specmence counter.

Zapdos and Empoleon work well together, covering each other's weaknesses pretty well, just watch out for something like Raikou which will still beat you, unless you use something like Yawn on the switch in with Empoleon.

GyaraVire work well together is because Gyara can pass taunt to Vire to prevent him from being statused plus the intimidate is a nice bonus but I guess the MantiVire can work to but Mantine can't do much except draw electric attacks. Sorry bout the Empoleon comment I am unfamiliar with it so I said that.

No problem Irizz. I don't think that Mantine and Electivire work well together. But Empoleon seems to be a good Special Wall to Specsmence, but for others Special Sweepers... Azelf or Gengar could give him problems.

I use Cresselia as a Special/Mixed Wall, but that might change seeing as I have a HUGE Rhyperior weakness in my current team.

I use Cress as a Tank which IMO is the best for it. It has good stats in both Defenses and has a pretty huge HP so it seems like a waste to limit her to PWalling.

I'm still building it, but I'm trying to avoid the common pokemon, like Gyarados, Electivire, Blissey, etc...
As physical wall I use Swampert, I know that it's very used, but no so much as Skarmory is. I'm trying to find a good idea with Cacturne with Sucker Punch, and maybe Focus Punch or Counter with Focus Sash, but I'm not sure. I also use a DD Dragonite instead a Garchomp. As Special Wall, I have Sleeptalker Regice. But I'm still building it, because the game have arrived a month ago in Spain.

Niza para satisfacerle amigo anyways if you run Cacturne you should use a SD set and couple it with SS for the evasion boost. DDNite is not uncommon and despite being a lot slower than his fellow dragon relatives still does well competitively. Swampert is an excellent Physical wall but you might want to consider Gliscor who can still wall pretty well and has a great recovery move in Roost. Plus being able to effectively counter Hera and Breloom is a nice bonus.

Well I have a Gliscor, but I did a Sword Dancer one, with: SD, EQ, Thunder Fang (Skarmory and other Flyings) and X-Scissors, but I'm not sure of the last one, maybe Roost.

Aerial Ace is IMO a good move for Gliscor as Gliscor doesn't fear flying types one bit. Roost over X-Scissor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)