Spectator Participation Needed: Circus battle between Dogfish44 and It's A Random!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The three first spectators to post AFTER the trainers issued actions are: Steampowered, TravelLog, and Son of Shadoo. I will post the full reffing soon, so don't worry!

Actually, wouldn't it be Steampowered, TravelLog, and Son of Shadoo? If you're going by after the last round of actions, Dummy007 didn't post and shadowbones66 didn't post an item...

Yeah, thanks, I copy/pasted the three from a PM I sent myself, just realized that the PM was for my last ref and not what I had done so far for this one x)

Okay, let's do this! Our lucky winners are: Steampowered, TrevelLog, and Son of Shadoo! Also, I will be RNGing crits and misses with thrown items from now on; all thrown items have 90% accuracy. Also, since invisibility hats are becoming more prominent now, I'd like to point out that their effect lasts only until the end of the round.

Let's look at the stats before the round:

Sunkern [Sunkool] (F)
Nature: Modest
HP: 19
Energy: 72
Stat Boosts: n/a

Ponyta [Sparklez](F)
Nature: Adamant
HP: 76
Energy: 78
Stat Boosts: +2 Speed
Status: Toxic (2 damage next action), Mummy (4 more actions)

Cofagrigus Spiroffin (M)
Nature: Sassy
HP: 46
Energy: 79

Numel (Tormeldon) (M)
Nature: Quiet
HP: 77
Energy: 86

(warning you It's A Random, the RNG does NOT like you this round)

Our lovely active audience is ready for heckling again! I knew Sunkool wouldn't last long! Wait, they're helping him?! What is going on in this world?! Courtesy of a journalist with a Travel Log handy is an Invisibility Hat, flying in the direction of the Flamingo Pink corner! It handily lands on Sparklez' head. Hold on, let me take a picture of Sparklez in the handsome hat before she becomes translucent and harder to see! There we go! Hey Grave, when you're done with that Mudkip-shaped punching bag backstage, take this camera and put the picture on Facebook, kay? Looking to see what else is thrown... apparently a powerful item because we can't see Sunkool! Hold on though, Grave apparently senses her presence... oh yeah, another Invisibility Hat! The audience is sure being generous to Dogfish today! I think I see my old buddy and rival Steamy smiling and saying something about good aim. Maybe he threw it. Interesting. Let's see what It's A Random has coming his way... Shadoo's kid's looking for another shot at glory by throwing a bomb at Tormeldon! Holy crap, was that kid taking steroids backstage after his first shot?! Was he going easy with the dart? Who knows, but that kid's got game! Alright, onto the show!

We can clearly see now that Sunkool's in the game, because Solarbeams don't come out of nowhere! That power, that intensity, that passion! You know, it's too bad Spiroffin Protected himself with an orb of green energy, otherwise he surely would have taken what I call a Critical Hit(TM)! Other bad news, Sunkool just gave himself away! Tormeldon, looking right at where the solarbeam came from, fires a Heat Wave from his mouth! This is the part where I mention how much everybody hates Tormeldon, because according to Grave's senses, despite the fact that Heat Wave targets both opposing Pokemon, both attacks missed! Now I see a pony-shaped body coated in Flame, Charging at Spiroffin, but it bounced right off the barrier! Oh well. In case life wasn't difficult enough, Tormeldon's HP is sapped by Leech Seed! Sunkool appreciated the new energy, but the toxins cramp up inside her at increased intensity! I also know that Sparklez is having the same promblems. How do I know this when I can't see? Because I speak Revenankh.

Anyway, Sunkool takes the opportunity to fire a Hidden Power the instant Spiroffin lets down that protect. That looks like it hurt! The invisible duo isn't letting up, either; (apparently) Sparklez slammed into Spiroffin with a powerful Flame Charge, which appears to be another Critical Hit(TM)! Not only that, but fame charge also boosted Sparklez' speed some more! Spiroffin wastes no time incasting a Hex before Sparklez can flee, for awesome damage! It's about time the Flamboyant Green corner got a hit in! Tormeldon attempts to cash in on this good luck, but his Flamethrower misses again!

Sunkool is all fired up again, and launces another powerful Solarbeam at Spiroffin, for massive damage! Sparklez follows up the assault with a Flame Charge at Spiroffin, resulting in another Critical Hit(TM)! It also boosts her speed! This round is haxy if nothing else... No Grave, I don't believe you've seen worse. No, I don't believe you when you say you saw Jirachi and Togekiss partner up. Now please shut up. Where was I... oh yeah! Spiroffin casts another hex, but it misses! Finally, Tormeldon gets his moment of glory. He aims carefully, detecting the location of the previous solarbeam, predicts where Sunkool is, and fires a Heat Wave! How do I know his thought process? Because I speak Revenankh. Looks like the attack made its mark; Sunkool is visible again, and is unable to battle! Yes, we finally get a KO! Toxic cramps and leech seed sapping take their toll, but now Sparklez is the benefactor of the latter.

KO

Ponyta [Sparklez](F)
HP: 62
Energy: 63

Cofagrigus Spiroffin (M)
HP: 2
Energy: 50

Numel (Tormeldon) (M)
HP: 66
Energy: 74

Pre-round
Invisibility Hat (Sunkool) (+3 evasion, -2 in both defenses and speed)

Invisibility Hat (Sparklez) (+3 evasion, -2 in both defenses and speed)

Bomb (Tormeldon) (5 Damage)
Action 1:
Spiroffin: Protect (15 Energy)

Sunkool: Solarbeam (Spiroffin, Failed, 7 Energy)
Sparklez: Flame Charge (Spiroffin, failed, 3 energy)
Tormeldon: Heat Wave (Complete Fail, 6 energy)
Toxic: 4 Damage to Sunkool, 2 Damage to Sparklez
Leech Seed: 3 Damage to Tormeldon, Sunkool Heals 3 HP
Action 2:
Sunkool: HP Fire (Spiroffin, 6 Damage, 5 energy)
Sparklez: Flame Charge (Spiroffin, Crit, 13 Damage, 5 energy)
Spiroffin: Hex (Sparklez, 13 Damage, 6 Energy)
Tormeldon: Flamethrower (miss, 6 energy)
Toxic: 4 Damage to Sunkool, 2 Damage to Sparklez
Leech Seed: 3 Damage to Tormeldon, Sunkool Heals 3 HP
Action 3:
Sunkool: Solarbeam (Spiroffin, 12 Damage, 7 Energy)
Sparklez: Flame Charge (Spiroffin, Crit, 13 Damage, 7 energy)
Spiroffin: Hex (miss, 8 energy)
Tormeldon: Heat Wave (Sunkool, >17 Damage, 6 energy)
Tormeldon: Heat Wave (Sparklez, Miss)
Toxic: 2 Damage to Sparkles
Leech Seed: 3 Damage to Tormeldon, Sparkles heals 3 HP
Effect of Invisibility Hats wear off.

Sun is up for three more rounds!

We have our first KO! Poor Sunkool... but Spiroffin is almost there! BTW, The KO counter goes to Tormeldon, who can evolve next round at the cost of 20 energy!

Dogfish, send out your next mon. After that, Random will post actions.

Also: after the events of this round, I will now make an adjustment to the Invisibility Cap: From now on, the invisibility cap will grant +3 evasion in action 1, +2 evasion in action 2, and +1 evasion in action 3. That will make things more fair for whoever is attacking a dressed-up mon.

It seems I've been called out. *throws cream pie in Spenstar's face* *runs*

EDIT: Referring to your little comment in the OP :P

Called out? why? what? o.O ....tasty pie though xD

Edit: Ooooh! xD I am definitely adding this as flavor in my reffing x)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Better late than never...

Tormeldon: Evolve > Earth Power Sparklez > Sandstorm
Spiroffin: Hex Sparklez until death

RIP Evolving mid-battle due to the new rules coming in concerning mid-battle evolutions...This will probably be the last ever instance of this happening... :(

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
And to celebrate, let's kill 'im!

Sparklez, Flame Charge Spiroffin until it's KO'ed! Then Hypnosis and Double Kick Tormeldon.

Bouncy, Hydro Pump Tormeldon. Then Waterfall, then Hydro Pump (All at Tormeldon)!

Audience, you're up!

Beating up a Mudkip shaped punching-bag?!? How dare you Grave!!! >:( I'll have you know that Ting is now a Marshtomp!!! He's with me right now and he is upset so I'm going to let him use foresight on Grave and then throw a bomb right at him!

Edit: Ting, if you want, you can even use Earthquake to piss Grave off

Edit 2: bring it Grave, we ain't scared of you're power whip especially since Lemon got a good special Bug STAB; Bug Buzz

JTLYK, all interesting flavor spectator actions (ones that don't affect the actual battle) will be incorporated into the reffing because it makes my job more fun ^_^

Edit: to those who don't know, Grave is my Revenankh and my reffing assistant this match. Particularly useful with detecting invisible opponents and great for added flavor. And if you see a joke in my reffing at the expense of you or one of your Pokemon, it means I love you ^_^ (but not in the creepy way lol)

Edit 2: The lucky winners are: Destiny Warrior, Objection, and Athenodoros! Flamestrike, Steampowered, and Tort will be included as flavor this round. But not EQ for Steampowered because that will affect the entire battlefield and likely kill spectators from your position. And besides, my boy's got Power Whip now. Don't make him use it >_>

Edit 3: Grave 4x resists Bug Buzz. JTLYK. and has rock slide

Welcoem back to the Circus Smackdown, ladies and gentlemen! Before we let our mouth-foaming audience toss stuff at our battlers, let's take a quick reca--Oh my. Oh my Arceus. Ladies and gentlemen, for possibly the last time EVER in ASB history, we're witnessing a mid-battle evolution! Tormeldon's evolving into a Camerupt! Meanwhile, Dogfish sent out his Marill, Bouncy!

Marill [Bouncy] (F)
Nature - Quiet
HP: 100
Energy: 100
Other: n/a

Ponyta [Sparklez](F)
HP: 62
Energy: 63

Cofagrigus Spiroffin (M)
HP: 2
Energy: 50

Camerupt Tormeldon (M)
Stats:
HP: 76
Energy: 54

Well Grave, we can say that will never happen again. Darn Shame, too. Okay, audience members that have been chosen to toss stuff this round, start your tossing! Wait, woah! Mmf! Pie to the face, the classic gag. Hmm... banana cream. Tasty! There's the thrower, Flamestrike, running off right now! Grave, press the big red button. Alright Flamestrike, you can run, but you can't leave now! So sit down, have some cracker jacks, and ENJOY THE ARCEUSDAMMED SHOW! ...sorry... Okay, nobody's throwing yet, because there's some other drama going on! It appears a Marshtomp with Steampowered is using foresight on Grave... Ting?! Is that Ting? Looky here, it evolved. Let's see how tough it is now! Okay, not very tough, because after an ice-cold Glare from Grave, Ting stopped doing anything and recoiled back into his seat in fear! As congratulations for an epic pwning, my buddy Tort just threw Grave a sugar-coated Sugar! Yummy stuff! Okay, let's get back to the actual item tossing. Begin!

An alleged warrior of destiny (more like a rabid YuGiOh fanbuy if you ask me...) starts the frenzy by throwing a bomb at Bouncy! Such a beautiful unwelcome! Next, the guy the main character in Phoenix Wright always talks about throws an Iron Ball at Spiroffin's noggin, confusing him! (3 actions) To finish off the poor ghost, Iroh from the local tea shop throws a bomb at the ghost. Spiroffin is down! What now, Grave? ...what the reverse world do you mean that's not Iroh? ...what in the name of Arceus is an Athenodoros?

Sparkles kicks things off by attempting to Hypnotize Tormeldon! But the Camerupt, (who can't attack this action due to battle rules) is too busy daydreaming about pwning as a Camerupt, and the attack fails! Bouncy tries to succeed where Sparkles couldn't, and hits Tormeldon with a Hydro Pump! However, Tormeldon's solid rock and the heavy sun-emulating lighting weakens the attack! Tormeldon is not allowed to do anything, so the duo strikes again! But first, the leech seeds sap Tormeldon's health one last time, giving the power to Sparklez. This power is just barely enough to suppress the toxic cramps in her body! Now, the two get ready to get in gear! This time, Sparkles hits Tormeldon with a one-two-strike, a double kick! Bouncy follows up with a waterfall. Ouch! Tormeldon's ready to strike back. Finally! He calls upon the Power of the earth to wreck havoc on Sparklez! Now that's what I call damage! To top it off, Sparklez suffers from Toxic poisoning once again!

Sparkles goes back on the offensive... but it seems she didn't anticipate not having to spend an action attacking Spiroffin, and is too stumped to do a thing! Bouncy takes over and uses hydro pump, but it missed! Tormeldon's just laughing and laughing, before conjuring up a sandstorm! Hold on a second though, there's not enough dirt on the ground to create a lasting sandstorm... I'm on it. I'll turn the sun-esque lights off and pull this trigger to create a man-made sandstorm! But first, viewers, below your seats you will find a pair of go-goggles. Put them on now, to pretect your eyes and to continue viewing the battle. Now that the announcement's over, SANDSTORM ON!

So now a bunch of dirt and sediment is flying through the battlefield, propelled by wind courtesy of air vents. The sand seems to be bothering Sparkles and Bouncy, but Tormeldon's just fine. Finally, to end the round, those toxic juices lay the hurt on Sparklez yet again!

Let's take a look at our teams:

Marill [Bouncy] (F)
Nature - Quiet
HP: 93
Energy: 81
Other: n/a

Ponyta [Sparklez](F)
HP: 31
Energy: 47
Stat Boosts: +1 Speed

KO

Camerupt Tormeldon (M)
Stats:
HP: 41
Energy: 38

Pre-round:
Bomb: Marill (5 damage)
Iron Ball (Spiroffin) (3 action confusion)
Bomb: Spiroffin (2 damage)
Action 1:
Sparkles: Hypnosis (Tormeldon, miss, 7 energy)
Bouncy: Hydro Pump (Tormeldon, 13 Damage, 7 energy)
Leech Seed: (3 Damage to Tormeldon, Sparkles recovers 3 HP)
Toxic: Sparklez (3 damage)
Action 2:
Sparkles: Double Kick (Tormeldon, 9 total damage, 4 energy)
Bouncy: Waterfall (10 Damage, 5 energy)
Tormeldon: Earth Power (Sparklez, 23 damage, 6 energy)
Action 3:
Sparkles: Does nothing (0 damage, 0 energy)
Bouncy: Hydro Pump (Tormeldon, miss, 7 energy)
Tormeldon: Sandstorm (10 energy)
Sandstorm: Damage (2 to Sparklez and Bouncy)

It's a Random, send out your next mon, then:
Dogfish posts actions
Random posts actions
Spectators throw stuff
I ref again :D

edit: the KO counter for the fall of Spiroffin goes to Sparklez

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Marill, Hydro Pump ~ Waterfall ~ Hydro Pump Tormeldon.
Ponyta, Hypnosis Sheeldon, then 2 Double Kicks on SHeeldon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)