1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Spectrum Tournament Round 1 Brackets

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by Flub, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flub

Flub

***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT #2***
    I got my power up, but my internet is still down. I heard that it is coming back Friday night/Saturday morning. I apologize to all the people who post now and say they never found their opponent. There is a reason I said in this topic to at least post and say you are looking for the other guy, or else you would be disqualified. Sorry guys, but I can't change now that I said it. Rest of you, get your battles done by Saturday I guess, since I won't get to my bracket layout until then.

Substitutes who are battling are in italics. If they win they are italics+bold.

Here are the brackets. Please post when you win/lose. Save your battle log in case there is some sort of debate over who won (read: if your opponent is a (BAN ME PLEASE) and misreports you, you have proof.) You have a week to report results or to post that you are looking for your partner and he isn't showing up. I sent everyone a PM alerting them to this topic, so don't say you didn't see it. Please PM your partner and set up a time to battle.

1.Siphai
    vs.
    24.Wuguza
    I just didn't see that you posted...Sorry about that Wuguza.

2.Groudon80
    vs.
    Balou
    Balou is now ungrounded, and he will be battling Groudon.

3.Floppy Disk
    vs.
    23.Chicken
    It's all good.

4.Cougar 17
    vs.
    7.Picollo
    Winner by hax.

6.Jackal
    vs.
    14.Raikou21
    No problem here.

8.Veteran in Love
    vs.
    30.Mizuno
    This battle is now scheduled for Tuesday afternoon.

9.Roy
    vs.
    31.Massi4h
    They battled...finally...

10.GaviaO
    vs.
    25.Rlaur2
    Rlaur posted ftw.

11.ToP
    vs. Winner is Mekkah
    20.A2tarheel
    Disqualified. Mekkah battles whoever these guys were meant to battle.

12.Death bee
    vs.
    32.Omer_Ahmed_15
    Omer_Ahmed_15, you are battling Death Bee.

13.Thecrazylazyguy
    vs.
    21.180.roger
    No problem here

15.The Communist Plant
    vs.
    16.Flub
    Battle went perfectly. Sorry, 0mastar. I said to check in for a reason...

17.Syberia
    vs.
    29.Vulcan Fury
    No problems here

18.Boo Radley
    vs.
    28.Gotei(13) hyrinmaru
    Everything worked fine

19.Aeroblacktyl
    vs.
    26.Spaceflare
    First ones done

22.Freaktron
    vs.
    27.Hipno
    Anyone is gone, so Freaktron vs. Hipno

Substitutes
    ---

1.Freaktron
    2.Mekkah On vacation or something until Friday, so I subbed in against the communist plant. Mekkah subs in for tarheel/top on round 2.
    3.Cougar17
    4.Omer_Ahmed_15
  2. SpaceFlare

SpaceFlare

Oh, shit! Why am I up against MoP??? Going to send a PM. I gotta go make a team.
  3. gene

gene GENE
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

sent pm, i heard he is grounded or something in a different topic but we'll see if we can arrange something.
  4. cougar17

cougar17

yee... I hope I get to sub in. I think I have the perfect team in mind for this tourney.
  5. Vulcan Fury

Vulcan Fury
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

Ok Syberia I'll have to make a team but that won't take long, PM me and we'll setup a time.
  6. omer_ahmed_15

omer_ahmed_15

HEY

My name is OMER AHMED TABARIK not ohmer pls correct it
  7. Justin8649

Justin8649
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Who did this get permission from?
  8. Chronicles

Chronicles

From the fact that Flub started it it probably didnt get any permission
  9. Chompy

Chompy

I PMed Siphai and im just waiting for him to give me a response back. Siphai i will play at 3:30 PM til 10:00 PM and thats the time im usually on and im usually at the smogon room. Make a time of what time sounds good for both of us to play.
  10. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

I'll sub if possible, god I hate this idea ages ago.
  11. Flub

Flub

I PM'd this tournament to you 2 weeks ago?
  12. zfs

zfs Everything old is new again
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Flub isn't on the banned listed for making tournies, if Flub actually sent a PM then I have no problem with this.
  13. Raikou21

Raikou21
    is a Past WCoP Winner

PMed Jackal on NB right when the pairings came out with no response, and I had to go 30 minutes later. He was away and probably didn't have a team ready either.
  14. Justin8649

Justin8649
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Just because you PM doesn't mean it is approved.
  15. Raikou21

Raikou21
    is a Past WCoP Winner

Umm.... I wasn't really talking about that but I guess if you never approved it, my match won't be happening at all.
  16. Flub

Flub

I am really sorry for this, Justin. I thought that you were giving implicit approval; I didn't realize that I needed a PM specifically stating that I had permission. My idea of the review process was more that we send you tournament possibilities, and then they are okay unless you reject them for being stupid, unoriginal, or poorly thought out ideas. Do you think it would be possible to continue running this tournament, or do you want to shut it down? Please forgive me for this.

EDIT: I just noticed I got zfs's approval apparently, so this means I can keep running the tourney?
  17. thecrazylazyguy

thecrazylazyguy

I beat 180.Roger well actually he forfieted
  18. 180.ROGER

180.ROGER

well that was the most GAY MACHT I EVER HAD
  19. SpaceFlare

SpaceFlare

lost to MoP 0-4
  20. Mizuno

Mizuno

Pm'ed VIL, hopefully we'll get this done soon

Now I have a question. In the rules you said we can replace higher tier PKMN with lower tier PKMN right? (like Typhlosion in the OU slot). My question is, is pre-evolved a lower tier than NU? Just wondering since some pre-evos are somewhat better than some NU.
  21. GaviaO

GaviaO

PMed Rlaur2 yesterday, no response till now...
  22. Flub

Flub

I am sorry for the confusion, because I didn't think about that particular point. Pre-evo is treated as totally independent. It can't replace anything, and nothing can replace it.

And guys, please keep battling until Justin posts to shut down this tournament or say that it is allowed. I think it is all ok since zfs gave approval, and until I hear something else we should continue.
  23. Justin8649

Justin8649

I'm not going to shut it down since its already going
  24. gotei(13) hyorinmaru

gotei(13) hyorinmaru

sup i beat boo radley with some luck 3-0
  25. Boo Radley

Boo Radley

Lost to Gotei(13) hyrinmaru 3-0, gg
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)